The worst fighter of FH :)

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Holmes, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Holmes

Holmes Well-Known Member

Hello,

We, the FH community, love to yelp about how this or that plane is underpowered, underarmed, etc.. It's high time to do it once but to the end! Let's choose "The worst fighter of FH". All votes with description please.

My types:

The worst RED fighter:

1. Spitfire Vb - this baby has mowed my beloved IXe from arena giving absolutly nothing positive instead. It's slow, underpowered, ugly as brown shit could be. Never use it couse IIb is much better. The ONLY adavantage are Hispanos of course (but with funny load of ammo)

The worst GOLD fighter

1. Mc.202 - too late on arena, too slow, underarmed. It's only advantage is pretty big bomb load.

2. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Personally, I'm not sure reds have a "worst" fighter, or if they do I'm not aware of any. When gold, I more or less respect all red fighters as they are all fairly competetive (even the Wildcat). On the other hand I probably don't fly for gold often enough to really have formed an opinion about which red plane is the worst.

As far as gold fighters are concerned, my favorite opponents are the N1K fighters, so I guess I'd consider them the worst gold fighters. I've never actually flown them myself but from fighting them I've gained the impression that they are VERY slow to react to pilot input, which means once you have an N1K in your sights, the pilot will have a very hard time to mess up your firing solution (other planes can often roll, scissor or otherwise wiggle their way out of your cone of fire). Its speed, climb and turn performance also doesn't seem like anything to write home about. When I see a lone N1K, a smile forms on my face. :D

3. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

Worst gold fighter:
    KI27. Only 7mm, very slow, manouverable... BUT no firepower, no climb, no nuthin.
    (MC202 is good low and turning good w spitties :D
    But MC205 is better cause of better guns )

WOrst red fighter: dunno. Have flown too little red to know. (I53 Lawnmower is top of list so far :p )

4. DER-pummel

DER-pummel Well-Known Member

gold : ki27. i dont know,its just worst...

red : i am not flying red very much...but from fighting against them i know that the hurricane is all but a great fighter. 4x20mm OK...but what do u want with this firepower if every gold plane can climb,run or turn u out. the only reason to fly this plane is if u like kamikaze H2H.

5. SteveS

SteveS Well-Known Member

Worst red fighter, hmmm...reuben makes 'em all look good lolololol (sorry chap, couldn't resist <S>)

6. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

worst fighter:

offline:
    red: F4F3
    gold: Ki43

online:
    red: I153
    gold: Ki27

The 7mms here are useless, unless both players have a stable and low-ping connect. Ki27 is my offline record-holder in kills per one sortie (11 or 12), but it sucks hard online, because one has to set the conv. to 100 yards and shoot from d1 or less, aiming in the cockpit, to score multiple kills in Ki27. It's easy to come so close offline, but impossible online, because of lag and microwarps. My current online record is 3 kills in a Ki27 during a single mission (two F4F's in level flight I dove on and instantly killed both pilots, and a D520 taking off some 5 minutes later).

BTW- I think I gonna return to fly FH in July for some extensive testing... maybe then I can say more bout pathetic planes here :)

7. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

You guys think the I153 is a bad plane? Hmmm, when I fly gold, the I153 is one of the planes that give me the most trouble! They're like little flies buzzing all over the place ... I just can't seem to hit them at all.

8. DER-pummel

DER-pummel Well-Known Member

ya u cant hit them,but they cant hit u too if u fly smart...there are just some people who get kills with i15,because there are always some gold players who like to turn with this warping 100 km/h "fast" plane.

for me,if i see some i15 i will just leave them alone...and look for an other con.

1 person likes this.
  9. miixch

miixch Well-Known Member

For me yak-1 is a crap now, in previous versions of frehost luncher I think it was much better.

10. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

ki27

all other aircraft can at least vulch :D

11. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

imo it would be nice to test bad planes like ki27, FM-2 etc in scenarios, to see what u can do when flying formation and vs historically correct adversaries

12. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

fighters i hate (or avoid) to fly:
    i-153
    ki-27b - no speed and no salvo
    lagg-3 - not agile
    mig-3 - not agile over 5000m as supposed to be
    yak-1 - not stable, as i personally expect from yaks
    yak-9/-9d - no salvo
    yak-3 - no salvo
    bf 109/r6kit - too heavy for me
    b-25h - way too heavy for me
    fm-2 - outdated when appears imho

Last edited: Jun 29, 2006
  13. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

fm-2 has it uses.
    it can get off a zero speed CV deck with more than just guns on board...
    the only 100% useless pursuit plane i can think of is Hurricane Mk.I. 110f seems to have value only as a JaBo. surprising because 110c & 110g are both real ass kicking machines

14. lucas261

lucas261 Well-Known Member

My worst ones:
    Red: P-47, good loadout but not manevourable, even taking off may cause troubles.
    Gold: Ki-27, 7mm causing no damage.

Btw. I-153 is cool:)

15. Snakeye

Snakeye Well-Known Member

most useless red for me - hurricane I
    most useless gold - definitely Ki-27

16. Gunther

Gunther Well-Known Member

Axis:
    No doubt -
    first: Ki-27
    second: Me410: weak, slow, high dispersion and lost rear fuselage very easy with some few hits taken

Allies:
    None compared with golds

BTW I153 rof and lethality is better than Bf110c/f it can´t be a bad plane

17. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

:D

No offence taken.
    %)

On topic: The I53 is the worst red fighter BEACUSE of that all it has goin is it's manouverability and possibility to take a hell of a beating.
    If a gold thinks, he can outsmart an I53, even if the "lawnmower" is at 5m alt.
    Just extend a bit and pop back for a few hits. Repeat until lawnmower hit the grass :D

Problem is when a few cons are near, then it's not possible to use this micro-BnZ, becuase you have others at you (as always, easier 1vs1)

I dont often attack I53 anymore, just ignore unless I get a good chance for a pop :)

18. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

anyone recall PK-ing an I-153? :)

19. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

it's hard to pk'em, coz the pilots are tiny
    :D

20. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

man, dont waste your time writing all this
    we can read your sig, says enough