Guess the tank...

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Holmes, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Saddan

Saddan Well-Known Member

I am just correcting people´s prejudices about my country... It´s not like i dont have anything to complain about it...

2. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Belgium has F-16's.

Watch out or we'll come and invade your piece of samba dancing jungle :)

<Z>

3. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    [deleted]
    fuck:
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 2 characters.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2006
  4. kangaa

kangaa Well-Known Member

You seem to be having a problem with short messages...Not like you to have short messages...Oh well..

5. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

I hope they've at least gotten the midlife update. If they're still the old A models you might as well stay home. :p

6. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

ah but how will you get to Brasil? Got any CV's? :p

(j/k, this discussion is silly...)

7. ppedott_vibora

ppedott_vibora Well-Known Member

front: AMX Mk F3
    [​IMG]

back:
    AMX-30

[​IMG]

Btw: I sense your fear... your fear makes you weak... your weakness will be your doom...

:D

8. ppedott_vibora

ppedott_vibora Well-Known Member

The follow is far more difficult to gess...

[​IMG]

9. Saddan

Saddan Well-Known Member

EE-T2 osório.

10. muf-lo

muf-lo Well-Known Member

Stay home or came to invade Italy, we have leased F-16A too! Bring Belgian beer, do not touch the girlies and I'll be more or less neutral on the matter :D

11. Boroda

Boroda FH Community Officer

Elaborate, please.

JFYI, when Iraq invaded Iran in 1980 - all weapon shipments to Saddam were cancelled immediately. Later, when Iran took some part of Iraq - weapon contracts were re-established.

12. Red Ant

I think it's completely sufficient to throw the word Korea at you. If that doesn't ring a bell then I can't help you.

13. Boroda

North Vietnam as an aggressor?!

Incredible.

Cuba as an aggressor!? Whatever it is - quit smoking it.

Arabs - it's quite questionavle, i hope you understand why.

My Uncle was wounded heavily in Vietnam, got evacuated to the Union, scored 4 victories there, as a SAM targeting officer. Later scored more in United Arabic Republic in early 1970s. Do you understand that SAMs are not the weapons of aggression? I am deeply proud that he sabed thousands of lives there.

14. Boroda

Korea? In 1950 South Korea attacked North, it's a well-known fact. Another fact is that Stalin restrictes Kim Ir Sen from attacking, and was always against a war in Korea.

Just look: one side has seceral US divisions stationed protecting the regime, another has only underfed peasants armed with bolt-action rifles. Who's going to attack? Especially if you look forward and see that there were no Soviet troops in North Korea, even 64th IAK PVO (aircraft defence!) fighters operated from Chinese airfields across Amnokkan river. Unfortunately - it didn't save them from being vulched by "UN" fighters. Americans were so fucking arrogant that they stormed a Soviet airfield in Sukhaya Rechka in 1950!

Sending volunteers fighting 10 times superior force simply to protet powerstation levees on Amnokkan (Yalu-czian) river - is it an aggression!?

Look, when I see different points of view on one event, one - Western "pop history" and another - Soviet, I choose Soviet. I mean when it doesn't contradict common sence. So it goes.

15. Boroda

Unfortunately, what we got now is only a fossil from the times when we spent over 60% of budget on defence. :( Now we cheer a proposed delivery of 50 Su-35s to Air Force until.... 2015!... :(

OTOH - i doubt that many people know that Latin American countries were the first to built armoured steam fleets, and got "Dreadnaught"-class battleships before European powers. I mean that battleship built in UK for Chilie in 1904.

16. Boroda

When I buy Brazilian "Sadia" chicken steaks - I always wonder if it's easier to deliver it for 20000km then to grow this chiken here in Russia....

You overestimate Russian foreign debts. We significantly reduced it in recent years. If only Gorby/Yeltsyn gang didn't sell and steal all they could reach... BTW, Russian Federation pays all former USSR debts alone, for all 15 Republics.

17. Red Ant

Err okayyyyyyyy ..... :dura:

18. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Wire guided missle techology has been in the USA for more than 30 years now.
    Old news and old technology.....

19. Boroda

AFAIK fiber-optic guidance for anti-tank missiles was first used by Israel in mid-80s. Less weight, more range.

In USSR first PTUR (anti-tank guided missiles) were in production in the 50s. Anyway, they can't compete with ordinary anti-tank artillery. They are usefull only in ambushes, otherwise an operator can't withstand a psychological tension facing a frontal tank attack.

IIRC in Arab-Israel war in 1956 - Arabian jeeps equiped with PTURs burned several regiments of Israely tanks.

20. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Brazilian governement surveys..right. There are children in the streets everywhere one goes. Children getting kidnapped and sold into slavery and organ harvesting, some with the full knowledge and help from police.
    Getting robbed in the middle of the day in down town Sao Paolo is so common, the cops answer is that you should have known better....

Showing off the growing military products is shamefull with so many problems.

By the way wasn't that war with Paraguay in 1935?