GUNRAD change to 0.01

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by yivan, Jul 2, 2006.

?

Change gunrad value to

Poll closed Aug 31, 2006.
  1. Set to 0.01 (recomended)

77.5%
  2. Set to value between 0.01 and 0.10

7.5%
  3. Leave as it is now gunrad = 0.10

12.5%
  4. it doesn't matter

2.5%
  1. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

0.01 radius sounds nice
    however it wont solve spray problems, afair every bullet grows with distance anyway, right?
    so all in all, it will be harder to aim at any occasion, but sprayin will be as possible as before (now)

i doubt it, even with microwarps and all the stuff caused by network gaming, aiming in computer game is far easier than irl imo
    and bad hardware? for warbirds? come on..

2. skhawk

skhawk Well-Known Member

will gunrad ever be set to 0.01?
    it is still 0.1
    moreover i havent found yet players at test arena to test it...

3. Maletin

Maletin Well-Known Member

it won't be changed before the poll is over and not in the middle of a ToD.

ask on channel 100 at the Main-Arena:
    "Who want to test new Gunrad-Param at TA?".
    between 18:00 and 23:00 GMT you have the best chances to find me at the MA.

you can also test gunrad by shooting on acks/buildings of your country-side.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2006
  4. Jeruwa

Jeruwa Well-Known Member

31st August 2006... not too long ? ;p

5. bazura

bazura Well-Known Member

Please enable GUNRAD 0.01 at least for a TOD, just to see how the game changes (in TA you can't see the full picture). Make an announcement at MOTD saying changes could roll back if people doesn't like them.

OTOH I'm looking at the picture posted... if the red shape is a value of 1.00-0.5 and the arena value is 0.1, that is, 5+x lower, doesn't that mean the difference from 0.1 to the green shape is almost negligible?

BTW, what does the BULLETRADIUS setting mean?

greetings

P.S. I fly in software mode 1024 and with mouse. If you know a joystick that doesn't lose precission with use please tell me.

P.S.2 The "(recommended)" tag in one option makes the poll look a little biased, I think :D.

P.S.3 vs X-BOX 360: what will happen with shots at h-stab v-stab from 6-o'clock. graphically they have no thickness.

6. daedal

daedal Well-Known Member

Wrong, I suppose. From the attacker's point of view the graphical representation of a bullet grows for sure but not the bullet itself. Otherwise the con d8 in front of you would see your bullets as cannonballs.

7. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Hmm, I don't know ..... on one hand it is too easy to take sniping shots at far targets (provided there is little lateral movement), but on the other hand sometimes it is almost impossible to hit a con at D2-3 that does little more than wiggle his tail section left and right a bit and isn't even doing any serious attempts at shaking you off.
    I'm with bazura, let's try it out for a TOD or a half ... then we'll see.

8. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

Could the gunrad be changed so that everyone else has it set to 0.01 and for me it's set to 115? That way I might accidentaly hit something and score a kill even...(in a good day)

:zachot:

9. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

That's all good and well, but let's stay in the realm of reality. :p

j/k

10. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

Hmmm....you might be right. Therefore I ask gunrad setting for me to be 215. Or more if possible.

11. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

easy there killer... little more and you'll be shooting yourself down all the time :p

12. RedBull

RedBull Well-Known Member

Lower GUNRAD will prefer heavy calibers. Planes with cannons will have a big advantage against planes with lower caliber. For shooting down the plane you need less cannon projectiles than low calibers. Will be very heavy to shoot down someone with e.g. 7,7 mm. Especially in the beginning of TOD it would be very frustrated.

13. Helrza

Helrza Well-Known Member

Im ok with that. Just means i have to aim better, and thats hard enough as it is lmfao

14. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

tracer isnt the bullet, not all bullets are represented as tracers anyway, especially in multi cannon planes

15. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

you would need couple planes to bring down that bullet :D

16. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

bullet will try like hell to bring other planes down in a blaze of glory. ;)

bullet

17. yivan

yivan Well-Known Member

poll remains open for just two weeks left

18. skycpt

skycpt Well-Known Member

Sorry to be off topic.
    @ bazura
    I would recommend the thrustmaster couger with the "halls" modification. It aint cheap but it is definately what you would be looking for.

The halls mod replaces the potentiometers. Even the best pots are only rated for 100,000 cycles before failure. While halls pots have no actual metal on metal contact so much less wear and tear, are usually rated in the millions of cycles before failure.

I still use my thrustmaster FLCS and TQS with the digital chip upgrade, and it is smooth and stable. So I'm making my $300 investment from 1992 last as long as possible.

And to get back on topic a bit...
    I use 3D 1024 19" flatscreen Teamspeak and Teamspeak overlay.
    My two cents are to make it a 3d only game. My plane isnt flying with an unsheilded nuclear core for an engine so it should not be a blip on someones screen 5 times the blip I have of the other guy.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2006
  19. --q---

--q--- Well-Known Member

As far as I know this is not true. ALL bullets are represented by tracers. Somtimes few bulets are represented by single tracer, like when U get a line in gunstat that says that U have been hit by 3x7mm. This means that instead of a stream of 7mm bulets, there are actualy "pings" of few bulets flying around.

20. --q---

--q--- Well-Known Member

Smaller gunrad will not solve sprying problem imho, it will be rether minor adjustment, so some other solution will have to be aplyed.
    On the other hand smaller gunrad will make scoring on small planes with thin wings more difficult so im nither for or against it, but it certainly should be tested on MA.