WHAT JOYSTICK BUY? NEED YOUR HELP GUYS!!

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by crpton, Sep 1, 2006.

1. crpton

crpton Well-Known Member

As you know, i never had a joystick before guys :shuffle: but i am trying to do that soon. But i need to know what trademark is good and what model. I dont want a expensive one, just a simple that take more than 1 year to crash. Something like US$ 70.

Need all help availible guys :dark:

Thanks.

2. anti--

anti-- Well-Known Member

Good luck! Mouse f...a :)

3. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

msswpp2

4. crpton

crpton Well-Known Member

need more infor~mation guys :-(

5. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

n0. j00 need 0n|y 0ne j0y571ck

6. Gunther

Gunther Well-Known Member

Compre um com leme. Eu tenho um Microsofoft Sidewinder Precision 2, muito bom.
    O Saitek dizer que nao dura muito, existem varios foruns falando dele, mas acredito ser mais em funcao do mal uso que da qualidade. Tente no Mercado Livre.
    Logitech tem alguns modelos interessantes.
    Eu recomendo o bom e velho Microsoft Sidewinder, mas voce nao deve achar novo para comprar so usado.

7. crpton

crpton Well-Known Member

Grande gunther, pois é, queria informações sobre as marcas, nao tenho muito pra gastar, mas queria um com poucas funções e durabilidade boa, o que me diz do JPtech? estou de olho nos logtech, os mais baratos estão em torno de 160 reais.

waiting more sugestions guys.

8. biles

biles Well-Known Member

49deg 11min 35.97sec N, 122deg 51min 57.65min W
    I had a gravis stick for many years. When the thing died, I could go to the Gravis factory [close to my home town] and hand it across the counter and the lady would bring me a fresh one. No charge. I really liked that.
    I later bought an MSFF stick.
    And nice to know MS doesn't support stuff when they feel it is time for you to but their lates thing.
    So, the MS stick is garbaged.
    Now I have a Saitek stick and I really like it, except for the little plastic do-hickey that is turning into a white powder. But all the fuckin sticks I have bought have a stressed pivot point made out of plastic that turns into powder.

1) get a USB stick
    2) twist rudder or some pedals [never mind, pedals cost [U.S.$]400,000 and up to five million dollars, depending on your needs.
    3) get a stick with LOTS of knobs and buttons on the handle. That way, no woman will be tempted by the streamlined shape and the force feedback aspect... and ruin your stick.

9. crpton

crpton Well-Known Member

Biles, very nice informaion, including aboout the women :-d I am thinking a bout saitec, logtech and jptech, what do you think guys? MS not easy to find here in brasil.
    I would like to have a simple one, just to dont need to use mouse anymore... 3 years, so much time... but i need one that givs me at least 2 years of use, is it possible?
    Ty all help.

10. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

11. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

USB Saitek Cyborg EVO is what I use.

Throttle, twisthandle for rudder, hatview and 6 buttons for fire and such.
    also 6 more buttons on the base that I don't use.

12. crpton

crpton Well-Known Member

exec, nice choice, i use mouse for so long time and this could help,. But, i want cose my hands hurts very much, i need something made to do that job. :-(
    Anyway, so interesting way to play simulator games :-D

TY

13. crpton

crpton Well-Known Member

Reuben, nice joy, is it well done, work for 1 year or more?
    it costs 200 US$ here in brasil :-(

14. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

It's well enough put together.
    I had mine for quite some time, can't remember. Maybe 1 year and a half so far.
    Or 2 years. You can't use saitek programming software for WB, or rahther, I don't use it. It might be possible.
    My kids have used it also a few times, and it has survived :)

15. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

i have Saitek cyborg evo too. i got it about an year ago and it's still in good shape. i guess you can get a better precision, maybe with the wonder Sidewinder stick everyone is taking about, but that's not being produced anymore afaik
    still, the precision is good, in MA i get 7-12% hit rate depending on the plane (depends on flying style too, i guess). and then, precision is not the most important thing as long as it's... hmm.. acceptable

my advice - stay away from Logitech extreme 3D pro. I've had one and lasted for 2 months and kaz had the same problem. I've also had a bad experience with some Thrustmaster model

btw, are you sure it costs 200$ there? maybe it's another model, wireless, cryptonite powered stuff? ;) because i payed ~40 euro on mine, thats about 50$. if it's really 200$, imo it's not worth

btw, compared to mice, sticks (at least the ones i've had) are less precise. but mice make you use the keyboard too much for the usual commands, which i find as a drawback. and, hell, the simple fact of holding your stick with your hand is supposed to be a pleasure :D

Last edited: Sep 7, 2006
  16. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

I have an evo too, about 1.5 year now

the things that pisses me off the most:
    - wrist rest is too small (personal preference)
    - HAT almost doesn't work anymore (am I looking around too much? I could've sworn somebody's been following me whole day today...)

besides that it's a great stick for it's price

17. crpton

crpton Well-Known Member

nice information guys, so saitek is god. but its so exensive here in brasil.!! this fucking place!! So, what about that?

http://www.thrustmaster.com/eng/d_prd.php?p=T126&fam=6

pls say something to me, i need a joystick with not many functions, but that lives for 1 year at least.

Thanks all.

Vasco, crptonita in price :-D

18. volate

volate Member

I think this joystick will fit your needs crptom! The only bad thing is that it does not have a rudder (twisting handle) but you can deal with that, right? I think the manufacturer is good, and it will last longer than one year!

19. volate

volate Member

That thrustmaster will be good for you. I think the manufacturer is good and it will last you more than one year. Mine is one model up, but this one looks like it will feel just as nice. The only bad thing is that this one does not have a twist handle (so you will have no rudder dontrol on it) but you can deal with that, eh?

20. crpton

crpton Well-Known Member

yeh my friend volate, no more time to think, my hands cant wait anymore. i will buy that one, if anybody know something about it, say plss.
    thanks all te help.