TabaHost (2 bugs found)

Discussion in 'Game bugs' started by Tzebra, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Tzebra

Tzebra Well-Known Member

A. Shot off the elevator of a Ju88 (wingman). When the lead player turned hard so did the wounded Ju88.

B. Sitting in tank on the airfield when I typed in ".pos". It gave my position as an IL153 (plane I had selected but was not in).

2. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

Franz! didn't i say that with one critical part removed, wingman must go ballistically down? :)

3. Tzebra

Tzebra Well-Known Member

Make it a third bug.

Was successfully strafing ack (yes some people can do that), and took out 3 of the buggers before RTB with ammo in the red. After landing I read the little score chart and it said over 1013 rounds, hit 0 (0.000) You got 0 shots.

A minor issue to be sure, but it would be nice to have the software recognize ground hits as well as aerial hits.

4. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Another one here. It's november 41 and I just a flew a Hellcat. Apparently there were -1 F6F5's available. ;)

5. skycpt

skycpt Well-Known Member

Well there was the drawing of the F6F in 41. I wont quibble about intro dates for the game. It is, a game afterall. The sources I found say the maiden flight June 42 and it became operational in August 43. Or maybe RedAnt was referring to the one plane available at a field. If this is the case it is another neat feature of Tabahost. Planes get used up as pilots fly off in them and then dont come back. So it is possible to have 7 at one field none at the next and 20 at the other one. All based upon who brings em back and where they land. On a side note this thread should be moved to the Tabahost section IMO. I'll leave that to the webmins.

6. skycpt

skycpt Well-Known Member

@ exec. While the elevator is certainly important. It is still possible to fly without it. Depending on the plane some h-stabs did pivot a bit for trim. allowing some up down control. I agree though that it would not be able to do normal manueovers. So whats the balance? Since the wings fly as a unit and the plane in reality would not be able to keep up, thus being easy pickings... In the game it should have been destroyed after another hit.

7. Red Ant

Nah, I was getting at the fact that there were no Hellcats in service in late 1941. Drawings are one thing; operational airplanes are quite another. ;)

8. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

ah, mistaken, confused elevator with stabilisator.
    list of vital parts of wingmen does not contain elevator, although it contains stabilisator.
    afair the list is:
    *pilot
    *cfus
    *rfus
    *wing
    *hstab
    *vstab
    and some motors. one on single-engined, two on 2-4 engined. really don't remenber which motors.

9. gonads

gonads Well-Known Member

I would have thought that the elevator was a pretty vital piece of kit on a conventional aeroplane... just as important as the pilot flying it. Most aeroplanes in this game don't have variable-incidence horizontal stabs, therefore a vator hit should mean that the plane goes DOWN. I have on numerous occasions been able to LAND NORMALLY after losing my vator. This is a major bug that needs to be fixed, both in taba and MA

10. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

imho a plane wouldn't necessarily lose the entire vator when hit. dunno if it's a bug or a try to model this in FH, since there's not "half elevator" in damage map

u can't land normally w/o vator in FH tho.. there's a bit of sweating involved

11. Tzebra

Tzebra Well-Known Member

Sure you can land it in FH without a vator, just use the trim tabs. :super:

12. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

the amount of sweating varies from plane to plane, with "no sweating" being the bottom value ;)

13. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

lol ive reported that one days after tabas start :D

14. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

ien has only 32 damageable parts for all planes.
    this limit brought to fact that, say, B-24/Pe-2/Bf 110 don't have left-right fins and none of planes have left-right stabilisator.

moreover, these 32 damageable parts have only one-bit damage level, i.e. intact/damaged.

in ienemy's game "no-elevator" actually means "badly damaged elevator with low but still present aerodynamical effectiveness".
    same with "no-rudder", "no-both-ailerons".

15. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

PLS FIX .sweatdiv !!!!

16. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

ROFLMAO! :D

17. Red Ant

Oh by the way, it was MINUS one plane. Basically if someone had brought a Hellcat to that field then there would have been zero Hellcats there. :cool:

18. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

folks, isn't it enough mishmash with trophy planes on captured fields?!
    i fly regularly on triple il-2 from gold fields.
    it's somehow funny in particular, but it is unpleasant in general. especially when your gold il-2 is intercepted with red bf 109. situations like this completely remove historical feel of the game, at least for me.

19. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

r u a mathematician by any chance? :p

20. -beck-

-beck- Member

I agree with you exec... When the idea of be able to fly red planes came up, i liked, you know, new stuff. But lately i've changed my mind. It's strange... at least for me. Your example strengthens our POV. One option could be to restrict enemy planes to be able to fly in 70-80% in comparison with today settings. Just a thought.