Rudeboy's Christmas Morning

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by rudeboy, Dec 25, 2006.

1. rudeboy

rudeboy Well-Known Member

It's a Wonderful Life

I work terrible shifts. Long long hours and at odd times of the day and odd days of the week.
    Seems I am always at work.
    When I took this crappy, low paying, ?Oh, I am gonna find another better job, I will look while I am working at this shitty job,' job, I told my boss I would work any shift or anyplace I am asked to go. I have kept that promise, it is now an obligation.
    So, I work Christmas day, ALWAYS. And New Years Eve and New Years Day and other such times, Thanksgiving Sunday and Easter etc.
    Some would say I don't have a life. Well, I gave up on life when The Woman left me, sixteen years ago. I gave up on the whole Pursuit Of Happiness" thing. I began to desire only, well, what? I desired little. I ate out of a can, lived on cushions, took a bus, read books and dreamt. I became a part time dad and a full time slacker. And I still am. Perfect stasus. Nowhere man is a stable, safe, free of entanglements or obligations of any kind, kinda stable. Nowhere.
    And ya know, I don't mind. Life is much simpler without the entanglements of family and social activities, money, possesions, things like that...
    I go to work and I dream. I dream of the stuff I promised I would do, that I haven't. I dream of the places that I haven't been, the things I haven't done, the people I haven't met. And that is fine, because dreams never disappoint. Dreams always remain the best, the coolest. If you can close your eyes and imagine, think REAL hard, you can go for some wild rides. I find the adventure best during sleep, then the dreams are reality. Hell, I can dream a theme, sometimes for many sleeps in a row. I can go on a trip to mars and have it last a week.
    Ya.
    If you spend all your time working or eating out of a can, you have to do something to keep from going stir crazy, right? I am a great reader of books. I love books. I also love to talk to strangers. Yep. Ya don't have to worry about losing a friend when you talk to a stranger, the politics are not so intimate with strangers, they tell you how they really feel.
    And it is pretty cool to look at a woman who I don't know, never seen before, and admire her carriage, find and angle so I can see the title of the book she has in her hand, while waiting in a line for the bus. I can catch her scent if I am in the right wind. You can tell a lot about a woman by how badly she stinks, or how good she smells or doesn't smell. I really like it when a woman I am admiring gives me a look that says ?I am admiring you also, mister! And a little smile and a twinkle and I never see her again. See, a woman who is a stranger, who is in a safe place, can be honest too, she can say, ?Ya know, in another world, you could be here, clutching hold of my hand!' Ya, in my dreams, and yours too, babe, in another world. Bye. See ya sometime again maybe.
    I just got home from work. I worked from 6 PM on Christmas Eve until 6 AM on Christmas day. I gotta do the same until January second.
    I just got home. It is Christmas morning.

The family who rents to place upstairs from me are all up now. There are children stomping and colliding up there, I hear squeals, shit, there must be ten kids up there! Hehe.
    There is the sounds of dinnerware clanking and silverware clinkling. Oh, upstairs family are one of those families where the children are made to sit through the unbearable torture of a breakfast and all the crap BEFORE THEY OPEN GIFTS.
    Hehe.
    Yep, I hear the crashing and bumping of moms and aunties in the kitchen, they are making breakfast. The children are going wild.
    I open a can of 'energy drink' and log onto the computer. There is no one in my place, except a mouse I haven't the heart to hunt down, I saw him run by me, but fuck, I am not going to pervert a lonely Christmas morning by killing a mouse.
    The crashing and banging upstairs is really getting toward, like, crescendo level type noise thing. I sip on my energy drink and tap on this thing, sending off plaintive ?woe is me, I am so lonesome! Arooooooooo!? lonely dog howl writing.
    Holy fuck, that was one big bang up there, five children must have all tried to occupy the same place at the same time and caused an explosion!
    I hear children screaming up there, I can well imagine the kids trying to get untangled. I hear the aunts yelling at chattering and howling kiddies.
    How the fuck are those people gonna last through breakfast without having a riot?
    Then I hear the boom of The Voice Of Dad from up there. His voice booms like, and it booms out a ?Ho ho ho! Ho ho ho!?
    And all them fucking little feet up there stampede to the front of the upstairs place.
    And just like the family I used to have, exactly the same strategy, in the family I used to have.
    When the kids start to go crazy, dad calls them in and lets them each open one gift and then the rest to await after breakfast.
    Hehe. Good.
    I take another long drink of my energy drink thing and light a smoke.
    I got those marijuana roaches there, should I stuff them in the pipe and hoot them down and play a video game? Maybe go lie in the tub until I sleep? I wonder, should I cook a big roasting chicken and pretend it is a turkey and sit, by myself, and eat my christmas dinner, by myself, a pretend turkey?
    Maybe I should head down to the Soup Kitchen and volunteer to help out for a few hours. I won't be able to stick around for the turkey dinner they serve to the local poor people and me, because I have to leave for work at 4:00 PM. Hmmm. Nah, I gonna cook the chicken and eat here, by myself, yeah.
    There is a knock on my door.
    Who the fuck could that be? I have no friends. I have no family, they are all gone or gone away or too busy or I he's too grouchy, fuck him, he isn't coming for Christmas here anymore, ever. He wasn't any good as a dad, he isn't welcome around here. Bad dad Bad dad. Bad husband bad husband.
    There is a knock on the door. Who can it be? It is 8:30 AM on Christmas day. Maybe it's the fuckin police? Or a lawyer come to serve me some papers [on Christmas? Nah. I should be lawyer-safe today].
    I answer the door.
    It is The Dad, form upstairs.
    He says, ?Merry Christmas! Hey, you wanna come upstairs for breakfast? Our boys got you a gift and they really like being showed your birds when they knock on your door.? [I have some birds] ?The boys would be happy to have you up for breakfast. And so would me and the Missus and The Aunts.?
    So, I said to him, ?I am in the middle of something here, but sure, I will be up in five minutes, okay??
    And then I saved this post and left for breakfast.
    Merry Christmas.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2006
    1 person likes this.
  2. FranzAugust

FranzAugust Well-Known Member

I got my presents on evening 24th.

3. jotaceTOGA

jotaceTOGA Well-Known Member

Another thing you can do during work: write a book. Sure... it can be your next job, couldn´t it be?

4. rudeboy

Sarcasm?:dunno:

5. muf-lo

muf-lo Well-Known Member

I had a pair of underwear shorts made with cotton and Lycra as gift. So what's better? Breakfast or having your balls squeazed all winter long?
    Anyway it's a nice Christmas tale, there's still some nice people scattered around the world...

6. jotaceTOGA

jotaceTOGA Well-Known Member

No... it is not sarcasm, sure.

Have you never thought about writing a book? You write well and probable have good ideas for a book. You read a lot. This one you just wrote, for example, is a very good chronicle, in my opinion. Someone said it here once about you writing chronicles for a newspaper. To write is not something you do when someone rush you to do, but it is something you do when you are imagining things and when you are inspirated. Sure, try to write a story or something. People will like it.

7. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

Beautiful!

It looks more cheerful than it maybe was. There are so many lonely people in this world. With a girlfriend or the family but still lonely.

Eat a baklav'a!

Man is lonely when his dreams are gone. I am home and so very lonely. Because my dreams were about home.

But there is still baklava.

Dont let yours become untrue.

8. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

Re: It's a Wonderful Life

LOLLL!

Biles what ever happened to the woman who was always around that bought you bacon or somethin'??

Seems to me you go from job to job a lot? like you were working in security and before that you were working construction or somethin with some hakirat broad with a degree in punjabi and then some other job too i think.

I wont give you advice, cuz i tend to do that and it sets ppl off, but ppl say if you do what you like to do, the money and all the other good stuff comes, so maybe put together 10 short stories and show them to some people, take the best three that THEY like, and then talk to your local paper about getting a little column running, just the same damn thing that Charlie Farquarhson did, it worked for him. besides, what have you got to lose, some shitty job with fucked up hours? My friends dad worked 12 hour shifts for 23 years at a glass factory, had a stroke and now he says stuff like "Pass the umm, ummm, umm, yeah just fuckin pass that red stuff, whatever the fuck it is, yeah the ketchup!!"

It ain't worth it.

I'd get out of this "wonderful life" too, but according to a certain medical professional with whom I have a bi-weekly acquaintance, "the prognosis is poor"..

So I see wasted talent and it bugs me. For me, an acheivement now is to debate with myself Rostropovich's interpretation of Saint Sant or YOYO Ma's and find a nice whiskey that doesnt taste like earwax with just a hint of turpentine, but rather smooth rye with just a hint of oak, for the moment it's Schenley OFC, and also Bushmills original Irish whiskey is very agreeable with the stomach and mouth as well. No smokey flavour with Bushmills, cuz it's not Scotch, where they are always shoving peat in the fire and the rye buds soak up the smoke when they get dried out, oh shit just try Bushmills, it's not smokey, I am sick of smokey whiskey from Scotland. Scottish people don't blend whiskies cuz once they are finished letting some big pile of water stew in a big piece of copper, they are too fuckin lazy too blend it so they sell it as "single malt" Well what if that single malt has a little scottish piss in it from some guy who didnt get paid for the overtime hours he put in? At least with a blended Canadian whiskey if there is piss in it it is gonna be a lot more diluted. OK time for meds.
    :(

Back to what I was sayin' Here's a starting point. btw if you need help with the artwork in your columns or whatever I can do that no problem.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. rudeboy

Re: It's a Wonderful Life

<snip>
    Biles what ever happened (Blab blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah I wont give you advice, cuz i tend to do that and it sets ppl off, but blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah people, take the best three blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah , yeah just fuckin pass that red stuff, whatever the fuck it is, yeah the ketchup!!"

It ain't worth it.
    blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
    blah
    with just a hint of oak, for the moment it's Schenley OFC, and also Bushmills blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah OK time for meds.
    :(

Back to what I was sayin' blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
    </snip>

Try Seagrams VO

10. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

11. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

Was tryin to help brother...:confused:

12. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

McCloud + biles posting in the same thread = my brain is short-circuiting :dura:

13. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned

Does it hurt?

14. ledada

ledada Well-Known Member

dreams

and don't let them become true...

15. ronin

ronin Well-Known Member

curiosity is the key word

16. rudeboy

I attached, to that reply that seemingly dismays you, a picture. The picture was obscene and seemed to me, to be A Thing Fit To Please A Macloud Type. The picture I inserted, I thought, made a jest of the posted reply to you, Macloud.
    Alas, the Admin was, I believe, displeased at the content in the picture and he, rightly, removed it from the post. I don't mind that at all, this board is HIS, not mine.
    Anyway, the removal of the picture took away the joking context, the post is no longer funny. Maybe it wasn't funny before the offensive picture was removed?? I dunno.
    The picture had to do with People With Phallic Appendages On Their Minds and In Their Hands.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2006
  17. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

i ve seen really awful things in this forum, and only 1 time it was removed or edited...so i guess what mcloud posted here must be L'ecatombe

18. rudeboy

NO NO NO. It was something I posted.
    When I went back to delete it, it was already deleted.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2006
  19. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

wow! exec actually deleted something? how?when?why??
    (I thought this board is "self-judging" %) )

Couldn't been Nic since he visits here once a year or so (and did that a week ago :D)

:fly2:

20. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

Oi! This time of year, everyone should just stop fighting, have a big drink (or several, as I always do) and just chill out :)

It's funny, the way things have gone in this forum, but normal ;)

Rudeboy posted a nice story, then things deteriorated rapidly. IMHO originally he posted a nice, positive story. I gotta go back and read everything. Last time I saw this thread, around Christmas, he was saying nice things...

Ech, why not then we all just relax and enjoy the holidays? Yeah, and have some of this stuff that my relatives send me from Europe this time of year -- bottle with fruit and stuff that apparently has lots of alcohol. I don't know, they send it as a present, and I drink it. :alc: