Satelite-TV via PC.....?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by laline, May 4, 2007.

1. laline

laline Well-Known Member

hiyas - since MA is down I thought I should ask you gents if any of you are watching TV via your pc and what you think about it???? Quality ok?? No of channels satisfactory etc.
    I am considering trying http://www.secret-satellite.com/

2. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

I do, but I use a SkyStar2 sat card, which is a somewhat different case than the link you posted :)

3. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

You guys know that Bill Gates is super rich. In the last few years he has invested heavily in satellite technology based stocks.

Uhhh... what does that mean...

It's hard to predict the future but there is an old saying "why rent cable, airwaves are free"

Yeah cables and wires sux boys...Satellites are going up all over, even fibre optics which was touted as the big kahuna 20 years ago, it was gonna do everything, 1 fibre into your home looks after you PC, your TV, your telephone. What happened? Now you see an infinite number of monkies with the papers in their wallet with these 1 foot diameter dishes bolted to their brick stacks. It's everywhere. Wires and cables sux.

4. Jeruwa

Jeruwa Well-Known Member

IMHO that's bullshit, this program is a simple collection of links to streams, available also in freeware programs.. I had similar program while ago, I think it had exactly same programs...
    In fact, it has a lot of stations but I bet that they are just trying to pull our legs :)

I might be wrong, I don't know western TV well :) There are only few Polish, not working, streams that are available (and they are avaialble for free anyway). I checked UK as well and I couldn't find any real ITV or BBC except ITV/BBC north east and dozens of information-only channels... looked outdated too.

Their security system accepts random names and e-mails and allows to browse members section for free ^^

5. laline

laline Well-Known Member

6. ~Top Jimmy~

~Top Jimmy~ Active Member

Howdy Laline.

Looks like a scam to me, but I don't have any experience with it.

How's it goin mate?
    :cheers:

7. laline

laline Well-Known Member

Here goes just fine. You havent been in MA lately......... need to see you there soon mate.