History Channel Dogfight series

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by --stec, Jun 15, 2007.

1. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

2. tigrou

tigrou Well-Known Member

3. gandhi

gandhi Well-Known Member

4. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

I HOPE! I've seen all of these already :p

edit: that Swede story is pretty impressive.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2007
  5. ppedott_vibora

ppedott_vibora Well-Known Member

6. Helrza

Helrza Well-Known Member

Gday stec, i posted the whole series a few weeks ago mate.

Like i say i that post, download a P2P download manager (I use Shareaza), it will take a few days for the whole lot to download, but if ur patient enough you will enjoy ;)

7. fatale

fatale Well-Known Member

stick it :)

8. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    stickit!

9. rudeboy

rudeboy Well-Known Member

!!!!!!!
    Dogfights: Long Odds - "Swede" Vejtasa
    was cool

:@prayer:

10. rudeboy

11. heartc

heartc Well-Known Member

Hm, I was watching Part 2 a while ago, but couldn't find it either now. But I found a 45 minute upload of all 5 parts instead, including Part 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu21W-ls_bE&mode=related&search=

12. heartc

heartc Well-Known Member

13. rudeboy

Last edited: Jun 16, 2007
  14. Vlamik

Vlamik Well-Known Member

Sorry, but all that "look-how-we-kick-everyone's-asses" makes me barf all over the floor. All that patriotic stupid north-american bullshit sounds quite pathetic. I'd be glad if they could (have the modesty to) reveal all the perspectives of a war, but I'm afraid this is impossible in this plan of existence...:rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  15. rudeboy

[​IMG]
    With each year gone by, powerful men who stifled younger people die and go away with their prejudices; there are more and more fresh looks at old things.
    I have seen some nice films where young warriors were held in regard regardless their politics.
    Of course there are a lot of films that have a ranting narrator who is reading from a tired old script, but there are, too, some that are fair and open. A long time ago I read a cool volume about Walter Wittmann. That guy [and his driver] was an awesome tanker. he was one fuckin NAZI monster. He had his evil politics on his sleeve, man. He personified everything I ever disliked about NAZIs. But there is plenty to read about where the fact of him being a NAZI is mentioned, so we will all be informed, happily and happy to know something that had little to do with him as a tanker or, arguably, as a man, a brother, a lover, a father.......
    once said, is considered moot and then the story carries on about his adventures. A man can have dispicable beliefs [or unpopular] and still fight like a hero. As time goes on, more and more grandchildren and great-grandchildren of these heroes will allow memoirs and diaries and personal papers into the public domain.
    When I was young, there was a LOT of media calling the Wermacht "The Nazi Army." Well, these days, media has begun calling it what it was, really, The Wermacht. I recall wondering what the fuck? How come this narrator in this film calls the German Air force of the 30s and early to mid forties, the NAZI Air Force... I recall hunting all over many libraries to see if there was any more information to be had about a NAZI Airforce. I thought the references were about an arm similar to the Gestapo or Brown-Shirts.
    Watch some old films about naval battles in the Atlantic. There was a NAZI Navy. [????]
    It was ridiculous. Those young men were just that, young men. Their politics had nothing to do with their service. EVERYONE called had to serve. Might just as well call the US Army of the time, the Democratic Party Army, because of the dominant Federal Political Party In Washington. Or the Tommies.... Are they or were they ever known as the Army Of The Tory Party?
    There are still violent arguments possible when drunken Finns hear someone include their struggles in common with The Axis. Finns as part of The Axis. Jeez.
    In a hundred years, the ruling governments under which men and women took orders and served will be nessesary footnotes and no more.
    Stonewall Jackson was an asshole. He was nuts. He was on the side of a government that held human bondage as a right of all [white] men. Well, see what you can find about him, one of "America's" greatest fighting generals.... Did he own slaves? What was his vote when his home state held a plebiscite on seccession from The Union? Who knows? Who cares?
    Zhukov was ruthless. he isn't remembered as being a kind hearted, softy old grandfather who sat children on his lap and told stories to make them laugh.
    I WILL BET ANY MONEY THAT IS EXACTLY HOW ZHOKUV'S GRANDCHILDREN SAW HIM.

Blah blah.
    I sometimes wish film would be offered with a switch to turn OFF the voice over and just leave the sound effects and tunes, so I won't have to put up with the nonsense often spouted. Many films are nothing more than editorial comment dressed up pretty.
    blah blah blah.
    Sorry, I got off on a rant there....
    [blah blah blah]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2007
  16. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

i want to fuck that commie one, and that other hotter one that did night harrasment raids.
    oh shit yeah they were fucking hot.
    if i was in their house when they were sleeping i would masturbate and ejaculate on their faces.
    that would be after i raped them, or fucked them (whetever) and then they fell back asleep.

17. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned

And what's Plan B?

18. rudeboy

Huh?
    [​IMG]
    You are a wierd guy, RolandGarros

Last edited: Jun 17, 2007
  19. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

Dziekuje stec, I love this show and have seen a few of them, but I always seem to forget it is on missing the ones I really want to see. I just watched the Flying Tigers episodes (P-40's made in my home town) the nates really had no chance but the ki43 a little better. The P-40 although not as manueverable when flown correctly as Chennault suggested and demanded really was a thorn in the side of the Japenese. No more freedom in the skies of China.
    <S> stec and Thanks again

bullet

20. Vlamik

Vlamik Well-Known Member

Indeed.