Keyboard Issues

Discussion in 'Hardware and Software' started by TheDismalDizzle, May 2, 2007.

1. TheDismalDizzle

TheDismalDizzle New Member

I just downloaded Warbirds and FHLauncher onto my desktop (running windows vista) but whenever i start the game, online or offline, my keyboard seems to not respond at all while in-game. Anybody had any similar troubles or even better, found a solution? :help:

2. TheDismalDizzle

Nobody has any advice to offer on the subject? C'mon guys im dying to get airborne!

3. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

both wb3d.exe and warbirds.exe?

4. TheDismalDizzle

i've been using the 2d version. 3d just freezes when i switch planes and the fix for xp doesnt seem to work on vista. 2d loads and runs fine, except for that it doesnt give me any use of my keyboard at all, therefore i cant get off the ground. I've been dying to get into this game, so if anybody can help, i'll UPS you a case of beer:cheers:

5. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

how about shortcut compability?

6. Sinful

Sinful Well-Known Member

бесполезняк :( у меня тоже не пашет ....
    все перепробовал ничего не помогает .. клава и мышь просто отказывается работать в игрухе .... а у харди блин без всяких настроек заработало спокойно :(

7. -andy-

-andy- Well-Known Member

Compatibility

Hardware manufacturers have to write drivers for and test each individual piece of hardware to make them DirectX compatible. Some hardware devices only have DirectX compatible drivers (in other words, one must install DirectX in order to use that hardware). Early versions of DirectX included an up-to-date library of all of the DirectX compatible drivers currently available. This practice was stopped however, in favor of the web-based Windows Update driver-update system, which allowed users to download only the drivers relevant to their hardware, rather than the entire library.

Some drivers only support one version of DirectX. Prior to DirectX 10, DirectX was considered backward compatible, which means that newer versions supported the older versions. For example, if one had DirectX 9 installed on one's system and ran a game that was written for DirectX 6, it would still work. The game used what was called the DirectX 6 "interface". Every version of DirectX supported every previous version of DirectX. This is a positive consequence of the COM model used for this API.

With Windows Vista and the radically changed Direct3D 10, this is no longer possible for handling 3D graphics. DirectX 10 therefore also supplies the Direct3D 9 API so older games and applications can still use graphics hardware.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DirectX

8. torsti

torsti Well-Known Member

keyboard works half - if i switch to radio via mouse i can type - but no mapped keys available.

9. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

mapped? muppet?

10. torsti

torsti Well-Known Member

no, the key-mapping in wb, e.g. key E is starting engine --> dont work

switch into radio and type message --> works

11. theman

theman Active Member

If anyone has an idea for where to post this to get more feed back. Please do so.
    Thanx
    Shmeer/Splatt <S>

12. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

no other running software that specifically works with keyboard?