Industry in Med3 arena

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by DZIVDZAN, Jul 2, 2007.

1. DZIVDZAN

DZIVDZAN Well-Known Member

How far will we go? Now we have player/players who use one nick to capture field linked with industry in Med3 arena then change side use other nick and bomb industry attached for the same field they cap 10 min ago just to increase the time for rebuild. Resolving of this problem is imo simple just attached city/industry must be closed to cap field (like in TH) not to increase rebuild time. Attach city/industry in Med3 arena to some small or big field, or one small and one big field. Some opinions?

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Player "Frost" had offered one opinion in the same thread http://forum.wbfree.net/forums/showthread.php?t=34038, appeared in the Russian forum: Disable economy.

But only Aike can disable economy. This isn't admin tool.

Really it's sad we have to find new limitations just to limit some way of cheating...

3. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

IMO one of the limitations we should try out is to simply ban the scumbag in question since this is by far not the only offense that jerk has indulged in so far.

4. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

yup, why take sth away from the game just because of a few dumbasses? ban their hairy balls and that's it, no questions asked

5. DZIVDZAN

How? Ban nick u can changed, Ban IP ?

6. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Hmm, good point. I can see that neither method might be particularly effective if the fucka is tenacious enough. :\

7. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

I know what you guys are talking about, there are certain fields ie. f4 that are linked to cities, sometimes these cities get bombed and the economy is weakened. Then all someone has to do is capture a certain field that is linked to the city in question, and the tides are turned.

I don't do this practice of capturing a field because it is linked to a city that I think may have been bombed. To me it's actually not cheating, but very annoying, it defaets the purpose of bombing a city. What's the point in bombing a city if all that work can be reversed on you just by having the opposing side capture a small field that is linked to the city you bombed? It isn't worth it.

How do you stop it? uhhhhhhhhh well I'm not sure what is possible as far as changing papameters etc. in this game goes...

But I think a possible solution would be to have 2 of the 4 cities on each map permanently gold, and the other 2 cities permanently red, then disable the "linking" of certain fields to any cities...

8. Maletin

Maletin Well-Known Member

every city is linked to exactly one field.
    if you own that field, you are free to defend the corresponding city.
    or what do you mean?

9. DZIVDZAN

My point is that linked city shouldn't increase rebuild time of fields, but just one more task to do (destroy important bildings in the city ) if you want to cap field eg. in Taba Host in Medrl2 map field f21 is linked to city SW of it, if you want to cap field f21 you need to destroy strategic targets in linked city. Field f10 is linked to bridge NW (first one) if you want to cap f10 you need to destroy that bridge etc. Now I hoppe that I was enough clear.

I agree with tis solution too, but...

Last edited: Jul 6, 2007
  10. skycpt

skycpt Well-Known Member

Why cripple the game further to circumvent cheaters tactics? If the devs are going to go through any coding effort I would rather they adopt coding designed to stop the cheaters in the first place.

Examples:
    Announce in radio and roster who shares same IP.
    Being done already in TH
    Impose heavy time limit for side switching.
    TH has minimum ~30 minutes before you can switch back.
    Kick Idle players sitting in tower.
    TH kicks players after 60 seconds of being idle in tower.
    Remove .attach include .shanghai
    This is to stop all those whining bastards about being attached while on a bombing mission... myself included.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2007
  11. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

idle kick for 60s in tower is pure faggotry

12. deadmeat

deadmeat Banned

bombing eco is damn boring, i cannot mess with alerted 110s by getting away with Mossie :D:D:D

btw i think these ideas wont stop this kinda cheating, the only way is to ban those fkrs at least temporarily by IP. Increased time limit for changing side is a good idea anyways imo, but most players have 2-3 or more nicks and some even multiple PCs so they can easily quit with the blocked nick and relog on other ones or with other PCs.
    Something should be done with attaching spies too, mb time limit to attach others since switching sides, or as mentioned above, increased time limit after switching back. And mb all ive said were told before for i am sleepy as fk now :D

But being kicked after 60 secs in twr aint no good idea imo too, after being killed many times i am pissed and leaving for a cigarette (cca 5 mins, 10-15 if includes heavy shitting after chinese food) and it would be kinda disturbing finding myself outta the game :D

13. gandhi

gandhi Well-Known Member