Why americans still die in Iraq

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by jotaceTOGA, Jun 24, 2007.

1. jotaceTOGA

jotaceTOGA Well-Known Member

"Relax and enjoy..."

Marta Suplicy talking about the delay of the brazilian departs planes flights.

Talking about planes and flights, have you guys seen the A-320 crash over São Paulo?

2. rudeboy

rudeboy Well-Known Member

I flew there in FS2004 and landed in a Bombardier Learjet. Had weather turned to pissing rain and low overcast and 10 mph crosswind, wind direction swinging between 120 and 0 degrees, Magnetic. I didn't crash.
    I think if I had to do it a couple more times, I would have crashed. 6362 feet long. 1939 meters long. I don't think FS9 models slippery, ill maintained runways.
    I just downloaded a 'pretty good' Airbus 320. But it is such fun to fly, I don't wanna go to Congonhas Airport. After work, today, I will attempt some terrible landings there and maybe get back to to announce how many simulated deaths of my passengers and the local slum tennants at the end of the runway.
    Wait, MSFS9 doesn't count bodies.

Um, :rose:
    I am simply amazed I have been staring upward, agog, whenever an aircraft flies over me, ever since I was a little boy and I haven't witnessed a Passenger Plane dive into the dirt. I never really wanted to, because I used to watch television and saw enough mayhem 'brought to you by the good folks at Kellog's [Nestle, General Foods, Colgate Palmolive Ltd].'
    One time, at an air show, I did see a CF-101 Voodoo explode, but it was many miles away and up after pulling out of a high speed pass. Doesn't count, didn't even make a sound, both fliers ejected and it was so far away, there wasn't anything to see except a little puff of smoke and then something tumbling for a long long long time toward the corn fields down in Washington State where it touched down. No farmers were harmed...

Anyway, yeah, flying commercial is fairly safe, very safe. But when it rains, it pours, eh?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2007
  3. jotaceTOGA

Commercial flights are the most secure way to travel. The crashes always occures because human fail. The crash at São Paulo this week happened because they couldn´t stop the plane, and Congonhas airport doesn´t have an scape area for these cases, counting also with the short runway. The plane had a problem on one of the reverses and in the manual it said to fly for about ten days on maximum and then stop the plane (maybe ten days to wait for the piece to come over). The company let the plane fly and put two commanders instead of a comander and a co-pilot (maybe because they have more experience).
    But commercial flights are the safiest way to travel yet. How many crashes it is counted this year? Only this or two?

4. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

safer than riding your mother

5. rudeboy

rudeboy Well-Known Member

I hear this a lot:
    "If it were only possible to eliminate the human factor."
    There are humans factored into air travel from travel agent to lube and oil, from glass cutter to apolsterer.
    fnord:Me, yeah, it is always about me...

I am a big hater of bureaucracy. No, that's not it. I am a despiser of all things paperwork.
    The fillin out of forms really bugs me. I have big time mental blocks. When I look at a form, any form, under artificial light, or natural light or any of the other kinds, well...
    When I look at a form, after about thirrty secconds itt ststartts tooo vibrbrate and II havvee a fucckenn toughghgh fuckinnin toughghgfucckinn toughghghg fuck fuck time. Fuck.
    Yeah, I am a hater of paperwork. But I for SURE realise the reason why all aircraft sytems repaired or maintained have to be done over three times [I think it is three, right?]. Each thing that is fixed or even looked at has some fuckin form about it to be filled out in triplicate, a copy sent to each department, then parts two three and seven filed in the H folder in cabinet five. And signed off.
    And another fucckkinn forrm.
    Well, guys like me shouldn't be fuckin aircraft mechanics, absolutely fuckin not.
    That crashed airliner.
    Everybody on board that thing made his very last mistake that day. One of those guys who made his last mistake that day died and he was thinking, as he shuffled off this mortal coil last thought prolly wasn't
    Oh fuck, I just kil

But it wasn't him, see, that did it...
    A system set up in such a way that one operator can blow the whole mission is too weak. Now a commission will examine evidence and they will generate thousands and thousand, tens of thousand of reports and forms, many of which will be force fed to guys who have the same problem with them as I, but these guys make decisions.
    [deleted]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2007
  6. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

The rain didn't help either....

7. jotaceTOGA

Yeah. The rain didn´t help. The runway doesn´t have the evasive things to the water. Now they will construct a new airport over there. This runway was just new, about two months.

Sorry for the mistake on my expression. When I said human factor, I mean things like forgeting the plastic that cover the altitude reader that was put there for some maintecenant and was forgotten there, as happened on Venezuela and the pilots thought it was very high and was only some meters from the sea. Or the plane here in Brazil also that the pilot had to go to 027 and put on the automatic sistem 270 and they were alt of fuel when they realized the airport wasn´t arriving and they were over the Amazon Forest. Also when the pilot said he were assuming the plane and went to turn off the automatic pilot, and the tower said to do not do that because there were some montains yet in front, and he did assume the plane and crashed. Things like these, you know? I have never heard about a plane that crashed because the problem with the plane and all the things were updated and everything checked all the time. Probable there is.

8. Vlamik

Vlamik Well-Known Member

If there was no USA, it there was no "bitching"...:rolleyes:

9. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Don't kid yourself. People would merely switch attention to the next biggest guy on the block ... Russia, China, India, take your pick.

1 person likes this.
  10. jotaceTOGA

Ae Vlamik, é você o [CMO]Oziris no CS?
    Vi esse nick num server pirata hoje.

11. Vadim Maksimenko

Vadim Maksimenko Well-Known Member

I guess Russia would be next to start bitching about :) When US are busy with Iraq, Russia is seeking for ways to prove Arctic ocean bed is just an extention of its territory in order to put their economic zone farther to the North. Why? -- They have discovered huge oil fields under the Arctic ocean that are much more rich than Saudi Arabia's... I already see dozens of Greenpeace protesters, blaming evil Russia :)

They say they just need climate to become warm enough for acrtic ice to melt above those fields. So, if US frying iraqis for oil, Russia will start massive green-house gas emissions to get her hands on that oil... And fuck all those who will lose their territories to the sea incoming :D I personally will not object -- I hate when the nearest beach is 320 km away :D

Last edited: Jul 25, 2007
  12. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

.. How about the European Union? We're not all that popular to begin with and lack the military clout to defend ourselves. :)

But yes, I agree. Anti-Americanism is mostly a matter of jealousy. Mind you: I'm NOT against a critical attitude towards the US (or any other country, for that matter), I just get really pissed off with prejudiced Anti-americanism

13. RolandGarros

weak currency, full of niggers, whats to envy?

14. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

Garros, watch your speach, please

15. RolandGarros

dollar lover

16. sebbo

sebbo Well-Known Member

lol@ Roland's last remark :)

17. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

I heard that the tower instructed the pilot to land at the other airport. They replied negative and declared they would land there. That's definitely "human error".

18. gandhi

gandhi Well-Known Member

you're a human error