Fields after victory.

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by illo, Jul 29, 2003.

1. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

There's no problem.

War is won when other side has only 1 field remaining. Just like now. There is only 5 minutes delay for reset.

So if you captured field you can be sure it's yours atleast 5 minutes. That means you can actually land or whatever instead of trying to limp home across half map or getting killed by acks.

2. manoce

manoce Well-Known Member

well I was describing situation when last captured field lies in the territory of winner after reset - but you are right,, no problem.. It just normal situation when somebody cap field under your wings.. nothing unfair

my mind is tired :dura:

3. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

Sorry I didn't quite understand at first. :)

Last field doesn't need to be captured for reset. And after reset this field shouldn't change side I agree. Does it happen now?

4. Lectek

Lectek Well-Known Member

Also very annoying is after winning a war you are instantly transported a hundred miles from the nearest friendly field. A solution to this would be to give posession of the last field captured to the winning country. It would be an incentive to win and allow planes to land without being killed or fly for ten minutes to safety. As someone said earlier winning has to be rewarded not punished.

5. jotaceTOGA

jotaceTOGA Well-Known Member

I got to go. Need sleep. Good night lady.

6. lonerb

lonerb Well-Known Member

I agree with ditch as well as the field cap "thingy" :0) :fly2: in one sortie I got my aircraft shot to bits.. I killed 3 or 4 cons in that sortie.. after I touched down.. bang **red won the war**.. field changed from red to gold and you know? my aircraft got more holes in it than a turkey shot at close range by a shotgun :)

I AGREEEEEEEE :cheers:

7. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

i request paras capturing field to have a gay sex orgy in tower with ejaculations blasting out in all directions, damaging planes and cratering runways.
    this should go on for about 90min after capture.

8. Maletin

Maletin Well-Known Member

please don't hijack 4 year old threads to say only nonsense.
    i don't trust illo in this case because he is intelligent enough to ask friends for the correct time and place to land.

anyway: i would like to see this feature implemented.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2007
  9. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

I say don't bother. That's not a glitch or problem. It's just some idea from a person that got annoyed because of losing a streak or some silly one life squad thing. If you don't pay attention to how many fields are left, what's closed, and where you are, it's your own fault. Tough luck. I've had more problems with bailing or ditching at my own field to have it captured while floating to earth, or sliding to a stop. But again, tough luck! [​IMG]

10. Vadim Maksimenko

Vadim Maksimenko Well-Known Member

Yes, illo is intelligent enough :) But he was caught by the reset at the moment of pressing "Enter" after the ".e" command ;) Even the most intelligent people cannot ask for any info and assess it in a fracture of a second.

11. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Yes, I agree. That is the price of victory sometimes.

There are far more important things to fix here at FH.

I didn't see any complaints about holding a troop plane and support planes for an after reset recap of the last field.

Maybe a total reset could be made and everyone has to relog would be one resolution to this "problem"?

12. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

You know, I see your point there. I've wondered if it would be a regular problem when after seeing a reset (war that is won), there is a troop carrying aircraft still aloft. Say there is a reset because the war was won, and the team who captured the last field, knows from their own paper maps on their desk that the field they are near will be the opposite side field and stay there for recapturing it after some time. It sounds like a good idea to have everyone 'booted' off the arena like we sometimes unvoluntarily have and still retain score/streak. This being after the war is won.

13. Gaze

Gaze Active Member

I agree what a pain this is. Can you not have everyone booted to tower??
    Thus saving streaks and stopping the campers from retaking the field as soon as it opens??

14. RolandGarros

this reminds me of my own wonderful genius idea that everyone on the losing side on a reset should lose their streak, because they are all captured and probably assraped also, like hartmann was.

15. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

rolandgarros

16. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

that would be good idea actually, on few conditions

17. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Which idea?

18. RolandGarros

ja is a great idea