Psychological research on MMORPG players

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by grobar, Aug 3, 2007.

1. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

Check out this website
    The Daedalus project

There are plenty of curious observations! :kruto:

Like how males and females enjoy differently Everquest. and stuff (can you guess? its the same in RL) :rolleyes:

It also reminded my of the good old days as the leader of AFVS, and "Bake and toast'em, fry and roast'em" before that. ehh, how many frustrations... :cheers:

2. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Heh, that guy should see what's going on in EVE in terms of psychological effects. Some people really take it quite a bit too serious, if you ever stroll across the EVE forums make sure to check the Corporations, Alliances and Organisations Discussions forum.

Very interesting to see the feeling of peer pressure, and avatar identification etc affect so many people :) Notable how BOB is the big bad evil for one side, and Goonswarm the big bad evil for the other :)

<Z>

3. ratpak

ratpak Well-Known Member

both goons and BoD (ah the insiders^^) are a pain in the ass imho... %)

4. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

Some strange things going on in Second Life, too. I've had people crying to me in there about their husbands or wives spending too much time with other avatars. Something about it being in 3D with voice that makes old chat room jealousies seem tame! Way, tres bizarre!