Poll: Do u want to change this BIG map to another (e.g. wbawt etc.)?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by sonar-, Oct 6, 2007.

?

Change BIG map?

1. Yes, change it pls!

17 vote(s)
    48.6%
  2. No! Big map is good!

18 vote(s)
    51.4%
  1. sonar-

sonar- Well-Known Member

I think this BIG map is too large.

Admins can change it by fast restart of TOD.

2. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

The only problem I have noticed with the big map is the distribution of fields at the beginning of war. The reds get the fields at the bottom of the map, the golds get the fields at the top of the map, and you always see the same result, red team forces golds into top right corner of the map (f15 area) and then reds usually win the war.

On this map the most important fields are the 4 big fields in the corners of the map. they are :fields f15,f31,f1,f21. Unless I am mistaken the red side gets 3 of these fields to begin with, f1,f21,f31. Golds only get f15 to start.

This is a disadvantage to golds, and this is why they usually lose on this map. (Also jayroc/mcloud usually flies red :D .)

Solution is to change field distribution at the beginning of war.
    Give red side and gold side the same number of big fields, but make sure golds get 2 of the most important big fields, f31,f15,f1,f21. Golds need 2 of these fields, reds get other two.

also make sure reds and golds have the same number of big fields, same number of medium fields, same number of small fields, and make sure they are scattered all over the map. don't have reds owning all southern fields, and golds owning all northern fields at startup.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2007
  3. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

All other considerations being equal, I agree with Mcloud; an even distribution of fields would make for a more even chance of either side "winning".

As I do not see what historical point in time the map distribution represents it seems logical to make for an even start.

4. -letez

-letez Banned

This BIG map is THE BEST MAP in FH!

5. fatale

fatale Well-Known Member

I agree with letez :eek:

6. Maletin

Maletin Well-Known Member

i think this map is the most interessting for times with many players online.
    maybe we must organize more buff-raids.
    i'm happy, that there is a higher fueldivisor.

7. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

I much prefer that Pacific map. That's the best one IMHO. :) Is that the wbawt one?

P.S. Oh wait, I was confused. We got the huge Europe map now; that's great ... I like that one. I was thinking of the smaller one ... you know that one that has all of England stuffed to the brim with air fields. God, I hate that map.

8. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

nothing beats a tail chase through the river canyons

9. FranzAugust

FranzAugust Well-Known Member

lol, spy

10. -letez

-letez Banned

11. Helrza

Helrza Well-Known Member

How bout a different map alltogether? like WBSTHPAC? or one of the other maps that we never use?

12. gil---

gil--- FH Beta Tester

But sometime it takes an hour to meet 1 or 2 enemy there. Too much i like fight between big groups of planes and jabo work, and too boring i find flying from point A to point B, to fly on this map.
    P.S. What for two different polls needed, we have two different results, and so what we decide?

13. DZIVDZAN

DZIVDZAN Well-Known Member

Agree need BOB, Hawai, Pacific maps, Midway, New Guinea and Tobruk some of them seen only off line, and lovers of small maps be satisfied cos there a few of them.

14. rondon

rondon Well-Known Member

Some of the players cannot dedicate so much time for playing.

In larger map scenarios too much time taking to fly long distances.

15. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

That's a non-convincing argument IMO. The distances aren't THAT much larger. Usually no 2 fields are so far apart that you couldn't get from one to the next in 6 to 7 minutes of flying. And anyway, what difference does it make if it takes 4 minutes or twice that long?

16. rudeboy

rudeboy Well-Known Member

I think maps should change plenty. I think the maps are all SO different that, if they were changed very often [much more often than now], if a TOD was made shorter, that people's interest would be held a little longer.
    There are maps that, when I see them, I just plain don't play.
    Hell, I just plain don't play anyway.

It is very very interesting to go to Target Tobruk and suck BIGTIME and be completely UNABLE to make ANY excuses to myself. THAT air combat is so subtle, so many ways to be driven into the dirt.
    When it goes gold I will, for the first time EVER, send money by wire and PAY to play an online game.

Dunno if that game [sim] is better. It is different and the planes are more complex, take more attention. I am an addicted, fully functional Flight Simmer, I like to home on VOR.
    Yep.
    I like running out of fuel in my tanks, dropping them, switching to another tank, restarting the engine and having it blow up because I started up in fine pitch and the throttles were on full.
    I really like that.
    I like to get lost and smash into cloud covered mountains.

The vast majority of Deaths In Aircraft have NOT been due to bullets, HE or shrapnel, they have been People Flying Into The Dirt Because The Thought The ALtimeter Said 8000 when it was really say, no, SCREAMING, 800.
    Nevermind.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2007
  17. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

When I had the time I thought that the MS flight sim was the coolest household "toy" sim and I was hooked.
    Especially when a buddy of mine who was teaching me to fly real airplanes got me some time on a couple of real simulators at his flight school. 707 full motion simulator and some other British jet company that I can't remember the name.
    Any case, when all the "real" pilots who were getting their mandatory checks were through for the day, some of us would hang-out and the instructors would load some crazy-assed scenarios just to see how we would handle it.

The best one I remember...hell, the ONLY oneI remember is when they turned everything off in the cabin, strapped me in and then hit START without telling me anything. The plane was about 6,000 feet up, nose down aimed right at the center of the runway.... I remember yelling something about their illegitimate ancestry and furiously grabbed throttles, flaps, landing gear..... It was a cosmic experience to see that runway soooooooo close as I tried to escape becoming one with the concrete....
    The MS 737 flight sim was so very cool as i remembered the 73 cockpit.

So my deal is that sure, it's great if you've got lots and lots of hours to do the whole flight plan and workout and see how close you come to greasing a good landing and picking your way through the clouds etc...
    (What's that mountain goat doing in that cloud...?)
    But now as reality of day to day life is ever creaping-in on me...I just cannot justify that time anymore for online gaming/flight simming/combat.
    New maps, more fast action PLEASE!!

If I wanted to relive the Lindbergh Flight, I can do that with my own sim......

Am i making sense or am I drinking too much.....????

ha ha ha reading too many Rudeboy/Mcloud posts.....

18. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

what he said :znaika:

19. SteveS

SteveS Well-Known Member

The North America arena would be nice. I seem to remember you could land a JU anywhere on that map. Pity 9/11 happened and iEN got all PC and removed it.

20. jotaceTOGA

jotaceTOGA Well-Known Member

For the situation FH is in now, let´s create a map with four or six fields to increase the action. Or then decrease the number of active fields and leave six to be played.