Great Battle scenes

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by bizerk, Oct 13, 2007.

1. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

2. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

3. deadmeat

deadmeat Banned

Hey guys,

gotta join this thread. Seen a lot of my old favorites by you here and thank you for the experience.
    Of course I'll show up with a movie featuring Mosquitos. This movie is not so known outside Britain, but still a great one. Fictional story with fictional units and people, and the story itself may not stand tall against a historian, but it's great anyways. And the best thing is (beside seeing Mossies :D ) it was filmed with real airplanes. No computer animations etc, those are mostly real, airworthy Mosquitos (unfortunately none of them flies today, the last one crashed in 1996), the Bf 109s are represented by Bf 108 and they were filmed from a B-25.
    And an interesting thing: at the end, the Mosquitos are flying through fjords, while AA-guns are shooting at them all the way along. George Lucas said this scene inspired him for the trench run in Star Wars.

Pls enjoy. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8ARxDGtoPU&mode=related&search=

4. Vlamik

Vlamik Well-Known Member

Why those guys got killed if, 30s earlier, they were comrades, apparently at least? And, btw, if I was that remaining guy, I'd board the vehicle as fast as I can, maybe to initiate an escape...running to the bullets doesn't sound much clever to me :p. Nice vid, anyway.

5. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

indeed it's nice, it's from a film called "hartia va fi albastra" (the paper will be blue) and it's about the chaos in the days of romanian revolution in '89. they got shot coz they were mistaken for "terrorists" (agents of the commie regime). the password was updated and they only had the old password: "the paper will be blue".
    and boarding the vehicle, cc in some holywood movies it works.. but i guess the director guy wanted full realism ;)
    and u cant escape in that armoured car from 20 or 25mm firing at u (there was a TAB armoured vehicle in front of them, and it has a gun that caliber)

anyway, the whole episode is based on real facts: in those days u could see a car of that type damaged, dead soldiers bodies near it and "terrorists" painted in white on the car. they were soldiers of the interior affairs ministry (kinda police) who got shot by the army guys

Last edited: Oct 19, 2007
  6. Vlamik

Vlamik Well-Known Member

Thanks for the explanation, pal! :)

7. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

I don't understand, why did they just open fire on those guys? I mean they didn't seem to pay much attention to them at first, and then suddenly they let lose with all the have, weird ...

8. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

Yes, it's very easy to kill. It is very easy.

9. Helrza

Helrza Well-Known Member

10. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

Troy sucked but the two duels of Achilles (the other one is >>here<<) are very nice - totally unrealistic, theatrical, but they give the impression of the clash of two heroes, the ultimate uberhuman warriors. I liked it.

and here is just the opposite approach: http://youtube.com/watch?v=VBU3xApPu4I. First scene of the movie about the elite samurai guards unit during the fall of feudal Japan. All characters and episodes are based on real story (unfortunately the main motive of the movie is a problem of situation when you close a group of males together for a long time without women... you know...). In this scene new candidates to join the unit are examined by a young sword master (btw one of the few non-assbangers in the movie, definitely a positive character). Choreography of the fights in whole movie is close to perfection, very realistic and you can see that some of the actors really know the kenjutsu far beyond the level of actors school.
    BTW it always amazed me how the old Japanese swordfighting is almost identical to the european longsword techniques.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2007
  11. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

ant, the guys who shot them were waiting for the password from them, through radio. they got it wrong, so they opened fire

12. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Ah okay! :)