Important notice about TabaHost

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by ppedott_vibora, Jan 7, 2008.

1. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

yeah that basically sums up what babel fish told me...

2. Ricedd_EEB

Ricedd_EEB Well-Known Member

Damn! This argentinian freak is drinking cleaning products from his bathroom again?!?!?!?!

3. ppedott_vibora

ppedott_vibora Well-Known Member

Sry, I couldnt find any usefull information about this matters... my friends doesnt know macs as I thought...

4. rudeboy

rudeboy Well-Known Member

1) Download the thing.
    At the TH site is the thing.
    It is called the 'Client.' Which is just another way of saying 'it is warbirds 2007 for your PC.'
    Never mind Mac. I never learned how to use one of those things: The instructions I write here are for normal people.

2) There is something you have to put into your X:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\HOSTS
    it is this:
    62.75.138.245 arnalist.warbirdsiii.com
    This addition to the hosts file makes the program take you to the tabahost server instead of the for-pay warbirds server thingie when you click 'play online.'
    You do not use the fh launcher.
    You just launch the client and look at it. And then click the correct thing there, which is to be clicked, like. After the rest of this shit you got do, below, like.

3) There is a zip called
    THWB3ImagePack.zip.
    It is medals you have to unzip it into your warbirds path
    X:\iEntertainment Network\WarBirds 2007\
    folder type thing.
    It puts some stuff into
    X:\iEntertainment Network\WarBirds 2007\offln\common\

4)
    Click Play Online. Fill in the blanks.

As far as registering is concerned,

I'll be fucked if I know how to do that. I was already registered, so didn't have to go through that form of torture. Maybe Pee-pee Dot or whatever the fuck his name is could explain that further. Or he could pay me and I will write something for him in proper fuckin English, like this shit here is.

I think it is easy instructions on the th site:
    1. download and install the client
    2. add this line at HOSTS ( C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\HOSTS )
      "62.75.138.245 arnalist.warbirdsiii.com" (without "")
    3. download the medals set ( THWB3ImagePack.zip ) from downloads copy the content to \offln\common folder in game main folder
    4. login (you old TH register/nick password must be valid, but if not, register again)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2008
  5. ppedott_vibora

Thanks!
    :D

But after all: You got in THWBx and play right?

6. rudeboy

I don't play the THWB2007, yet. I have a lot to learn regarding the new game. I got in and there were a couple players, we said hi and then I left. I have to get used to the clumsy interface and get my stick working the way I have it customized in wbfh, else I am lost. There are a lot of host commands, whew. Looks good though.
    I have played the THWB2.7x though. It is cool, but not very busy, yet.

7. ronin

ronin Well-Known Member

Thumbs up for THWB2007 great graphics, much better flight sim than Li2, definitely more user friendly than Li2, but les than current wbfh.
    Have some problems with setting up Joystick. After several attempts to do it I just gave up and continue using 'default seting'.

Overal opinion Great sim and I think I will switch to there from wbfh.

:cheers:

8. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Will it work with us unfortunates who have
    Microsoft #$%&*! Vista?

9. ronin

ronin Well-Known Member

well it works just fine on my XP dual core 2X3GHz with 2Gb Ram, and Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT (512 MB).
    Clouds, Terain and Planes looks great, so realistic - no chopy graphics that I from time to time experience in wbfeehost.
    Last Night I have tried it several times Online fighting with faith and both of us found out that is much harder to spot a plane and much easier to loose it from sight if you do not watch it all the time after close up encounter.
    Also map is just one small island with several IMO to close bases.

10. skhawk

skhawk Well-Known Member

@looseleaf
    it works perfectly in vista. thats the reason i stopped trying to get wb277 working in 3d mode in my 2nd xp partition.....

11. rudeboy

I haven't looked at all the maps. Do you know there are more than just midway or malta?
    It is possible to configure joystick, but it isn't intuitive.
    I like the game also and I am going over.

Her are some maps that are not tiny islands.
    I dunno if there are others, I gotta go look to taba's site and see, these are three from the stock client I have...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. ppedott_vibora

There is also:

Flanders (WWI)
    Belgium (for tanks only -no airfields)
    Blitz (you stated )
    Europe (256-Big Europe)
    ETO (you stated)
    Phillipines
    Midway
    Tunisia
    Tobruk

all maps came with game...
    :)

13. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

When I used the version before I flew only the P-38 (surprise, surprise), and it flew very nicely. The plane responded as I remembered back when I started on WBFH back in 2001. I hope it will fly on this server in the same fashion! I wonder if the other airplanes will be more accurately represented?

14. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Hmmm, last time I flew the P-38 on IEN's WB III server (about a year ago), it flew like total crap. And by total crap I mean compared to it, Freehost's P-38 flies like a dream. The only positive thing I noticed was that the airplane now has some inertia in the roll axis, meaning the aircraft didn't just instantly stop rolling the moment you took your hands off the stick.

15. ppedott_vibora

Hi!
    I believe there is one model of P38 at this time at THWBx (P38F I gess...) would be great if you check it, fly it and post your impressions...

There is also some clash of opinions (at tabahost group tabahost@googlegroups.com ) regarding THWBx (in fact iEN WB3) Flight Model, some ppl stating: Its easiest than FH; some people stating: Its harder in many aspects, its easy in others, its cool in average... My bet is that resembles the original WB2.77 FM, but as I didnt fly it, I cant tell it.
    Well, THWBx is offered as is. there is no way to change any aspect regarding FM... So, or you like it as it is, or not.

16. ganjab

ganjab Well-Known Member

@maletin

imo i cant log in did you cut it off?:confused:

17. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

After flying that version of WB, I found I was able to make more hits (being easy in WBFH). Stability is a good thing, and it was more stable in WBIII. The current P38 reacts in WBFH right now like it's tied between rubber bands from all 6 points inside a simulator shell on the ground. Takes too much finesse in WBFH. In WBIII, it's more fluid, less arcadish. The reason it keeps moving with inertia is because the modeling is correct. The counter-rotating is showing it's benefits with balance resulting in ease of control. I don't know how to explain the reaction from WBFH with inertia. Just unrealistic although I've not been in a P38. But, having watched many videos of them in flight, in the cockpit, off wingtip cam, nose cam, and external flight in personal view during air show flybies I can assert that WBIII looks hopeful for the P38 pilots. :)

18. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

I'll do that on this new THWB and see what it's like.

19. thug

thug Well-Known Member

Warbirds 2007(wbs3)'s FM is the same as 2.77. My biggest complaint is the views from the cockpit, it's hard to track the enemy in a dogfight.

When I used to fly at IEN, when WB3 was introduced many pilots went to it and an equal number stayed behind in WB2. As a result both arenas died out because there were just not enough people flying. To give people more targets ien programed drones into the game(wb3) to just randomly fly around, it sucked.
    Hopefully your free version of wb3 brings in more pilots to FH but I'm sure that it will only kill the wb2 arena and ultimatly fail because there a few of us are too cheap to buy a new computer to play the game, the reason we fly freehost is because it's FREE fun.

20. tigrou

tigrou Well-Known Member

thx TH !
    gunnery is very different feeling than in 2.77; back views left/right are a bit boring but realistic... keep one eye on enemy is hard, fly alone will be more risky here :)