Why Reds sux so much?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by demian, May 17, 2008.

1. demian

demian Well-Known Member

Why? Why everytime i have to play on red side i get sick? It is impossible
    to play game ,cap fields ,be on red side and feel good. Today 3 of us capped whole Turkey, now,after only 2 hours we lost half of those fields.
    It looks impossible to cap fields with ppl who only defends.Defend this ,
    defend that ....pfff. Dweeby red always fly below 1km, always fly spits,
    and only bitching. 30mm this ,30 mm that..Now only ghosts in the machine
    capping. Or try to do some capping. Now is ros 24 golds vs 12 reds, and of course is like that, when even dweeby polish only play when they r golds.
    Last tod ,until late war u couldnt simply find them anywhere.
    Picture from today : reds have f36 and cv next to it. Golds cap f36.
    Keen sitting in Li2 at tower f36, and no one to reclose it. If this game sux,
    that is not because of uber planes (reds have even more uber) it is not because of conex and server, it because simply, RED SUX.

2. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

You're starting to sound like jayroc and/or mccloud when he forgets to take his medication.

How many of those reds you were playing with also play on the gold side?

How many of those gold also play on the red side?

Maybe those reds are so low because their climb rate sucks?

Maybe they just want to play their way and it doesn't happen to be your way tonight?

Maybe they just don't like you?

3. ronin

ronin Well-Known Member

sorry looseleaf but on this mater I have to take demian's side.
    I think he is completely right. Lately one can't find decent red, unles you know him for a really long time to organize and bring the aciton to sucesfull end. One of the reasons why I will take another hopefuly long break from this game. It really sucks big time in many aspects.

Godspeed to all af you.

ronin

4. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

old discussion.
    operate within squad. big, but better qualified.
    for example: long ago in the sandbox, golds left only big f16, roster was 5 (3 from 228 shad) vs 16. and we capped back a half of the map.

5. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member

I16? Spits? Yaks? P38s? :eek: :shuffle:

6. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's what I thought, too. On the whole, red planes really don't climb any worse than gold planes (definitely not when you consider that the most heavily used red fighter is the Spit, which climbs about on par with the 109 IMO).

7. casper1

casper1 Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,
    I agree with demian on this also. When i first started flying here, i would fly red side only. I used to think golds had all the uber planes. After flying both sides for full Tod's, i have come to realize that each side gains and loses advantage throughout the Tod with their fighters.
    As far as the tools available to cap fields, reds have superior advantage, especially mid to late war. With b17 b24 pe8 pe2, not to mention fully loaded p47's p51's , corsairs and hellcats. These fighters can take a huge load and then turn around and kill cons.On gold side the only thing that takes a descent load and can fight is the 110 or 190a6.
    Red side complains about 30mm. Damn, give me hispanos anyday. Fire rate is faster, accuracey is better and ya only need 2 or 3 hispanos to bring down a con.
    I hear reds complain about numbers a lot. The best idea with low numbers is to recap. The turks and 302 are great at this. Pay attention to them, they know what they are doing. I have seen these guys take down field after field, always one step ahead of the allies. Why is that???? Because they know most reds always choose to defend. And why is that???? Because reds have great fighters, especially the spits.
    Have a good one:super:

8. demian

demian Well-Known Member

Golds planes really shine when it comes to a climb. But i wouldnt forget I16.
    P38J. Other than that climb worse. BUt if u r in disadvantage, first thing u would like to do is to deny con's advantage.So, it is natural for 109 to fly low,
    it can climb anytime. But if u fly worse climber, natural is to make some alt before entering fight. Even f4f can chase 190 and kill it , if it has alt advantage. Problem is reds are mostly lamers. Take off, speed up to nearest furball, die and whine. IT IS EASY. But is hard to climb in f4f. I dont like talks about gold uber-fast planes. THAT IS NOT true. If u look only level speed,
    thats ur problem. But reds have some amazing divers. Reds have some amazing zoom-climbers. If u dont know how to use f4u or p47 or p51, thats again ur problem. But talking about reds who fly low because they have to,
    is stupid. On the other hand, uber-toughness is not only gold problem.
    Killing spit is as hard as killing zeke or ki. Hispanos, i dont want to go in it.
    My squaddie was nicknamed "coward" because he fly higher then common reds. And, because he doesnt want to help to reds stuck on the deck with 3 cons on tail. First thing that i say in my sqd is :"Never help anyone on the deck". IF u r stuck on deck with cons, that is ur problem. I am not here to
    fight against stupidity. I am here to fly with ppl who know what they r doing.
    I can cap 3,4,5 fields for red side, with my sqd only, but that is not point.
    Point is not in me vs all golds. If we r reds, then we r same team. IF we r not all 1 team, well, fuck u , im off to make gold ros 30:5. Then be men enough , and dont talk about 30mm,about disadvantages in roster etc. I am not saying this to looseleaf, im saying this to all ppl who fly red.
    Few min ago i came from arena. There was our famous forum member heartc
    accusing some red that he is cheater in plane with jet engine. Well,
    this guy heartc come twice a month , and he gave himself a right to accuse other ppl of cheating. This must stop once. Not playing ppl talking about wb,
    voting for maps etc. When i see Vasco's vote on poll about eto map, i get sick. Hey that guy was not here more than 6 months already!:nono:

9. milo--

milo-- Well-Known Member

Enough time to meet the General and become King of Freehost and Kn1gHt of Knights.

<S> Va<S>co!

10. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member

you are so boring...

11. looseleaf

Firstly I am not disagreeing with you Demian. I also noticed this phenomena. I'm just questioning the why and the how.

I think you have answered it partly when you say you never come to the aid of a red in trouble "down low".

From my observation I would say that on the whole the golds are more organized as a group.
    Although everyone plays for their own reasons.

Who are these reds that suck so much?
    Do they suck as much if and when they play gold and why and why not?

When we get answers to those questions maybe we will have a better understanding of the reasons.

12. looseleaf

ever chase a 110, or 190 or Nik, or Zeke in one of those starting at same speed and alt?

13. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

<S> Knight Milo General's Favourite

bah, demian, i left about one year ago :D
    and guess why, coz of eto
    coz it was only twice in the map rotation. i wanted full eto

:D

14. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

I can't speak for others, but except on a few rare occasions, I'm definitely not interested in real-estate grabbing. I'll fly the odd fighter bomber sortie, but even then I usually don't do it primarily with field capture in mind but just because it's fun. In fact I very much dislike the field capture system of WB ... it would be much better if we had actual ground troops (I mean real ground troops, not paratroopers dropped from a Li-2/Ju-52) that did the actual field capping, and we'd have to give them proper air support to make the front lines change. Anyway, I'm getting carried away ... my point was that to me, this is mainly about air combat, which is why I'll never be a driving force with regard to field capturing.

15. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member

i really dunno where is the problem :rolleyes:
    why chasing? why godamn? all what you need is ONLY ONE SURPRISING ATTACK ! only dweebs chasing cons ;) but do that, np, will be more easy targets for me :D

Last edited: May 18, 2008
  16. looseleaf

It seems your answer is a "No."

17. looseleaf

VERY good point.

It may be that those "reds who suck" only 'suck" because all they want to do is defend and/or furball, high alt when they can and low-level because golds like to jump low level reds.

Could it be most reds are in a hurry and sign-in for some fast action, any action.

Maybe, like I talked about before, they want to play a different type of game.

Demain should round up some like-minded guys and they could all join-in on a game they like.

18. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

no no my friend
    only dweebs are chasing leaking zekes without elevator and stabs, leaving a fellow player with 3 cons alone :D losing time alt and ammo for con that is no threat anymore with morre cons otw :p

honestly, fuck the kill, enjoy; but going after him when there were so many cons around was just stupid ;)

19. looseleaf

Yes, just enjoy what you can, when you can.

Of course, keep an eye on that dweeb in the bleeding zeke running away with half a wing or on fire or with no stab and flaps because he's likely to go around and vulch you when you think he's just running back to base.

20. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

i know some ppl have problems to tell if con is dead or not, i dont
    cons dont disengage and fly straight away from me and their field with 4 on 1 situation after being hit if they were attacking me second before got those hits