Need help playing online

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by B4K3D, Jul 18, 2008.

1. B4K3D

B4K3D Well-Known Member

Hi im new to wbfree... i have played on the paid wb for months but its too expensive for the time i actually spend playing... anyways... im having an issue when i play online.... I am unable to do anything in my plane when i initiate flight...... meaning.... im sitting in the cockpit unable to start engines or anything... initially i though it was due to my joystick but ive tried playing without it plugged in and its made no difference... offline i am able to do everything including the use of my joystick.... it makes no sense that the controls would change online... anyone have any ideas???

thanks in advance!

2. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

Start->All Programs->iEntertainment Network->Warbirds->Warbirds

Choose "Setup" and then the "Joystick Mapper"... does the setup panel let you change settings?

If not: Start->Control Panel->Game Controllers->Choose your joystick from the list, click "advanced" and choose it from the menu.

(the second advice is for less than 5-axis Joysticks working under Windows XP- how to make a HOTAS joystick work under WB... I'm affraid I do not know)

3. casper1

casper1 Well-Known Member

Make sure you have everything downloaded that is needed. Correct terrain, etc....
    Not sure which windows you are running but with xp you will need to disable your transition effects. Doesn't sound like this is the problem though. When I use to click fly, the game would shut down but mb you could try it anyway.

4. B4K3D

B4K3D Well-Known Member

OK, the problem exists offline also now.... turns out that i didnt notice because it would start in flight... my problem is when i have to take off... i cannot use my keyboard to use any commands...

my joystick works fine... when i am waiting to take off I am able to fire cannons and look around using my joystick....

is it something to do with the toggle mouse or something

this now has nothing to do with online or offline... it is all bout being able to use my keyboard now....

I have mapped the keys and can do all that stuff.

thanks everyone!:alc:

P.S. I am using Windows Vista

5. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

<hillbilly voice>Well there's your problem</hillbilly voice>

6. Rainer

Rainer Well-Known Member

Your hillbilly voice is assumed.

Carry on.

7. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Now THAT was funny!