errors of version 1.67?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by -exec-, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned

It probably fell into 10 pieces.

2. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

is where i stopped reading and started laughing

3. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Yes, not necessarily the most reliable source, but then I didn't praise it as gospel; I merely pointed out that there is a source that disagrees with Cabron's statement.

4. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

5. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

6. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

well that was disappointing... not even a sexy red X.

7. -frog-

-frog- Well-Known Member

Why are you talking about Sadaaki Akamatsu and qouting Tetsuzo Iwamoto's kills?
    Like talking bout Josef Frantisek (a Czech ace of BoB) and quoting Douglas Bader's stats.

Besides that Akamatsu has a record of numerous encounters with P-51s, including the famous engagement from April 19, 1945, when he fought off the whole 45FS.

Akamatsu was as colourfull as you can get, an alcoholic, womaniser and mythomaniac with countless disciplinary penalties... Iwamoto was the generals pet on the other hand.

8. Red Ant

Oops, sorry. How embarrassing. =0

I suppose I entered "Sadaaki Akamatsu" in Google and mindlessly clicked on the first Wikipedia result the search brought up. Sorry, I'm a moron. :eek:

9. demian

demian Well-Known Member

mb alt finally affected ur brain ant)
    Bugs.. here we go...i know ya all just waited to see my post:director:

First , what is error in 1.67 , is it only new bug or old bugs can count too?
    ( i really cant make difference between server and fh bugs)

1. zeke ( all about zeke except mb turn) Speed in dive, toughness, one wing flying ability. And yes very very very good high alt performance (almost same as on deck)

2. ki43 - too tough , too too tough

3.spit - too tough if hit by german planes, and not durable if hit by jap mms

4. hurri (new version)- after 30sec or so, it outturns zeke (never losing e)

5.I-16, 153, whole existence of this series in game after 41 should be considered

6. dora- pathetic performance in dive(elev trim, compresssion etc)

7.p-38 - ability to get Pk-ed even from below

8.planes disappearing after certain dates, so golds forced to fly 109 t in 1943

9. Gold 50kg bombs-even early russian rox imo stronger

10. p47- ability to lose whole tail section or at least whole vertical after 1x20

11. shvak , hispano - astonishing power for 20mm cannon , even if they are
    in 20mm class

12. 109- weak armor needs 1x20 for g over

13. 109 r6 versions - weak armor for "buff interceptors", 1x 20 shvak causing too much damage. Especially from Pe-8

14. N1k, P-47,B24, "shaking " at certain speeds ( especially on rw or in climb)

15. 110 g2 is splitted in 2 versions, 1 doesnt have 30mm, second one r3 model
    has 30mm but it is somehow attached with 20mm.

16. Ki-84 IMHO turns too good without flaps, but when flaps are engaged,
    it looks like they do not improve rate of turn. IMHO would be better to test ki84 and to reduce turn time if needed but to improve flaps usage

P.S. Remove totally J2m , i am sorry for Sonars work around model, but this is the funniest plane in fh , and this game is becoming rather pathetic.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
  10. Red Ant

One thing I noticed about the J2M3 (which I've already brought to hardy's attention in the arena). When ever I get anywhere near a J2M3, I get a radio error message saying something along the lines of

Which kind of ruins any surprise effect for a J2M3 pilot trying to bounce a red. ;)

EDIT: Oh, before I forget it. May I ask what you based the decision to increase the speed at which the P-38L's flaps can be used on? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not aware of any major changes regarding the Lightning's flaps in L vs earlier models. The L received power assisted ailerons, but IMO flaps were not actually changed. As far as I know, recommended top speed for deploying maneuver flaps was 250 mph IAS ... at the moment I can pop one notch of flaps at speeds in excess of 350 mph IAS, which seems a bit too generous.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
  11. Red Ant

Okay, that wasn't 100% correct. I just checked the P-38's flight manual, and it lists under "airspeed limitations":

No word on the combat maneuver setting unfortunately.

12. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

http://forum.wbfree.net/forums/showpost.php?p=597238&postcount=3

13. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

all, old including.

forwarded

8.planes disappearing after certain dates, so golds forced to fly 109 t in 1943
    http://avia-hobby.ru/publ/soviaps/giap_2.html
    117 GIAP I-16 and I-153 until 1943-06
    16 IAP: I-16 until 1943-10
    35 IAP: I-153 until 1944-09
    211 IAP: I-16 until 1942-06
    254 IAP: I-16 until 1943
    446 IAP: I-16 until 1942-05
    572 IAP: I-152(!) until 1943-09, I-16 until 1943-03
    611 IAP: I-153 until 1943-07
    630 IAP: I-16 until 1942-11
    etc etc.
    in the game we have both I-153 and I-16 ending in 1943-12
    there ARE such date in URL i gave.

:director: LISTEN TO THE MESSAGE:
    demonstrate us Orders of Battle and dates of RPS of whatever you want will be reconsidered.

already reported

there is no GOLD 50kg. there is metric 50kg for soviets, japan and germany.
    and it's absolutely equal to 100lb of anglo-american forces

report exact conditions pls.

mk 108 went to historical 1943.
    bf 110 g-2 remained in historical 1942.
    as for 20mm: RTFM!!!
    please read description of changes in 1.67 CAREFULLY

no data. but we will consider whether flaps are useful

turn rate will be reconsidered

14. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

reported already

afaik P-38J-25-LO and P-38L received special dive flaps to recover progressing dive (we have P-38J-15-LO, so this issue is related only to L)
    we'll try to workout diving issue.

15. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

Red Ant, ALW: could you find info on dive recovery flaps? these are not those usual flaps which FH P-38 of course has.

16. Red Ant

Yes, but those dive recovery flaps have nothing to do with its maneuver flaps; they're a separate entity altogether. The P-38L as currently modeled in FH does have dive recovery flaps. Alas they act more like an air brake, which is not what the dive recovery flaps on the real Lighting were; i.e. they RAPIDLY slow down the aircraft. The real dive recovery flaps caused the aircraft's nose to pitch up and then gradually caused the plane to lose airspeed, though not as quickly as in Warbirds, where you can literally go from 400 mph to 250 mph in a few seconds just by lowering the dive recovery flaps.

17. Red Ant

Rgr, will do. I won't have internet access this come weekend, though, so expect to hear from me early next week at the soonest.

18. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

"The 2,970 P-38J fighters had even more combat potential with the Allison V-1710-89/91 engines that were equipped with "War Emergency Power" (water injection). This gave them 1600hp at 27,000 feet for a total of 720hp more than before water injection had been installed, a high speed of 414mph and a substantial increase in rate of climb. Delivery started in September 1943. Not until the many improvements had been installed in the last 210 aircraft did the Lightning arrive at its full military potential. Those aircraft had the long-awaited dive-recovery flaps to eliminate the 400mph (0.65 Mach number) compressibility dive-speed limit. A hydraulic aileron boost system vastly improved its combat turning and rolling ability." from:http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa3897/is_200307/ai_n9283659/pg_4?tag=artBody;col1

Here's something too...
    http://books.google.fi/books?id=qhEkkjp1bnMC&pg=PA36&lpg=PA36&dq=dive+recovery+flaps&source=web&ots=O9B_OwOycC&sig=G6u_24MqSZDXKEsEmqVbavhLBWs&hl=fi&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=5&ct=result#PPA36,M1

and
    "When the P-38 was first introduced into squadron service in 1941, pilots were plagued by heavy buffeting during high-speed dives. On several occasions, their dives steepened and they could not pull out. Lockheed?s test pilot for the P-38, Ralph Virden, lost his life trying to solve the dive problem. Shortly after Virden?s death, the Army asked NACA for help. Crucial tests were conducted using one-sixth scale models in the 8-foot tunnel, indicating that above 475 miles per hour, the P-38?s wings lost lift and the tail buffeted, causing a strong, downward pitching motion of the plane. Controls stiffened up, preventing the pilot from pulling the plane out of its dive. In addition, the buffeting could cause structural failure, as it had in Virden?s case.

Langley?s solution to the P-38 dive problem was the addition of a wedge-shaped dive recovery flap on the lower surface of the wings. Aerodynamic refinement of the dive recovery flap was continued in a coordinated program between Lockheed engineers and NACA?s newly founded Ames Aeronautical Laboratory (later renamed NASA Ames Research Center) in Moffett Field, California, in the latter?s 16-foot, high-speed tunnel. The dive recovery flaps ultimately were incorporated on the P-47 Thunderbolt, the A-26 Invader, and the P-59 Airacobra, America?s first jet aircraft. "

As for dumb me, it's looks like a almost same system than Ju88 dive break :D

[edit: omigod, I made a post about aeroplanes. Excuse me while I kill myself again...]

19. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member

First soviet planes was without radios, so switch off ch101 for them, pls. Thx.

20. RolandGarros

RolandGarros Well-Known Member

americans and british are fat, add 50kg to basic empty weight of raf, usaaf, usn planes and seafire