WTG Serbia!

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Funtom, Jul 22, 2008.

1. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

If those people are russians, why don't you guys just evacuate them from hostile country and re-settle them into russia? Why to attack (by military force) into a sovereign country?

Aren't you guys making the exact same things that you accuse the west of?

2. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

I'm presently reading up on how the current situation in Georgia / South Ossetia came to be. My knowledge about the region is admittedly almost non-existent.
    Now, here's what I got so far (the way I understand it, anyway).

Ossetians have held a popular referendum in which between 98 and 99% voted for independence from Georgia. Hmmm, seems to me that virtually ALL of them want to be independent from Georgia. Seeing how the U.N. allowed Kosovo to break away from Serbia under similar (and probably less one-sided) circumstances, it seems pretty clear to me that it would be extremely hypocritical to tell the Ossetians to just shut up and forget about it.

So ... if Georgian forces have in fact moved into the region of Ossetia to get it back under their control then a Russian intervention to counter that move actually would be 100% legitimate as far as I'm concerned.

3. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

yeah, but isn't almost all international politics "extremely hypocritical"?

If the Russians want to help ossetians to have independence, why haven't they even recognize it yet?

4. PG monster

PG monster FH Consultant

Yes. The recent facts are: CNN, BBC, Sky and so on (almost) keept silence when 3 days ago Georgia broke intenational agreements and moved troops to Ossetia, destroyed 5 villages and circling the capital Tshinvali. {the same silence as when Croatian or Bosnian destroyed Serbian anclavs, like Serbian Kraina}.
    Yesterday Tshinvali was WIPED OUT by Gerogian fire, but your "free medias" steel keept silence. Why? Because they are so free?
    Gergians killed about 1500 militian and civilian Ossetins, and few of Russian soldiers (stayed here ACCORDINGLY the agreements to divide Osetians and Georgians), but western "free medias" sayd nothing.
    Only when Russian moved regular troops to support own citizens and peacemaker troops, the western medias got an order to bark. And they started to bark very loudly.

Negative, Russian TV and papers never keept silent about that, Russia always talk everyvere about Kosovo, but nobody want to hear. If you can read cyrillic, you can search in the internet. Or maybe some tranclated articles.

But it looks so, because you use not German flag. It'd be normally to every1 to be a patriot of own coutry.

I sayd all what i could. I alone can't resiste the big western propaganda machine.
    If you don't believe me, you will not believe any russian source.

Yesrerday more actual theme raised up :(

Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  5. PG monster

PG monster FH Consultant

thank you maty!

6. PG monster

PG monster FH Consultant

It's looks like you know nothing about that. They are the Ossetins, not the Russians. But they asked for RF citezenships because they don't want to be a part of Georgia (any who hold USSR passport can get RF one). And they are living in own houses (untill georgian rockets and artillery destroeyd civil houses, central Tshinvali hospital and so on).

7. PG monster

PG monster FH Consultant

Bravo red ant! I not expected such inteligent post, sorry me

8. heartc

heartc Well-Known Member

Please cut the whining. If I were bothered enough, I could assemble a list with hundreds of examples now where the *German* media delayed, diminished, "shortened", minimized or simply "forgot" information on matters that had those information been there, it would have put the US in a better light on many topics. The high Anti-Americanism in Germany doesn't allow for that though, and because media wants to sell, and is filled with a lot of former hippie students (=commies), they leave those things out, which in effect means to report BS. It's also anti-Israel, so we can say "Haha, now look who's the Nazi!" and feel better about our history.

The way you seem to think about the West, it is obvious the Russian media acts in a similar way. And so does western media on topics concerning "big bad evil Putin Russia" (no quote). So please spare us the story of the gigantic Western Media Propaganda Machine. The problem is the media in general, because media nowhere is run by saints. It's run by humans, and because humans have agendas, dependencies and bias, this is what makes the media susceptible to agendas and bias *always* and *everywhere*. Though there can be no doubt private media is still a hundred times better than any state run media outlets. Because the broader the media landscape, the higher the chance you get served diverse bias and run a higher chance to get somewhere close to the actual truth by collecting / cross checking facts from different sources.

P.S. Live broadcast on CNN now of news conference currently being held by a Russian General. Unfortunately it's off again already (ran for about 4-5 minutes) and reports on the US presidential campaign is resumed and this SUCKS because I *wanted* to hear it. However, the initial statements of the General were broadcasted (Russian peace keepers under attack/killed etc).

Bias? You bet. Only in Western media? Not ever.

9. heartc

heartc Well-Known Member

Surely, flying the US flag in an online forum doesn't automaticly make you a non-patriot of Germany? What simple kind of patriotism would that be. Last time I checked, war with the US ended in 1945. And what would have been back then? Who were the real German patriots? The nazis, the military, von Stauffenberg, the members of the White Rose?

I don't know what Red Ant is or isn't, but my take is that there's nothing worse than a patriot who thinks he must be because of his blood and then comply against his conscience. People are born free under God. It's just that most times someone tries to steal their freedom.

10. hardy

hardy Well-Known Member

11. hardy

hardy Well-Known Member

12. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member

Letez and his 110s are everywhere :confused:

13. hardy

hardy Well-Known Member

14. hardy

hardy Well-Known Member

Real Cossacks dont fly 110 ;)

15. vojtas

vojtas Well-Known Member

16. -mart-

-mart- Well-Known Member

17. Tzebra

Tzebra Well-Known Member

Outside of the Slavic board members, who honestly cares about the Ossetia, Georgia, RU spat? Let them have their fight. Let NATO or the UN howl, what they are supposed to do, and in fact it wouldn't look right if they didn't, and above all it is politically correct.

As for the media, who is honestly stupid enough to believe any media from anywhere? Ru Today, BBC, Fox, Cnn, etc, etc, ad naseum --- all of them are full of shit and leading their drooling drone followers along in tune to their own private agendas.

18. vojtas

vojtas Well-Known Member

WWIII here we go, we'll have a real life FH warbirds soon, <S>!

19. heartc

heartc Well-Known Member

It's quite simple actually. Either PG monster is right and

1. Georgia really went totally crazy and decided to launch a full scale attack on SO to commit genocide, with the Georgian peace keepers simply turning on their Russian counterparts, killing them. All while coincidently Russia was massing armor at the border, but Georgia having confidence that her action could not be potentially suicidal because of course the US - not busy anywhere else right now and never having dropped anyone before - or they missed that Ronald Reagan is no longer in office there - would gladly jump in and start WWIII with Russia to protect Georgia,

OR

2. These guys have it right:

Tough choice...

20. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Let's cut that up.

"As for the media, who is honestly stupid enough to believe any media from anywhere? Ru Today, BBC, Fox, Cnn, etc, etc, ad naseum --- all of them are full of shit"

I agree. Media is full of shit. Information sells, even more so, a juicy story sells. A genuine neutral information source is per definition almost utopic. Then again, the less gossipy/tabloid like papers still prevail, but as it usually goes with stuff like that, the noisy are the uninformed and the informed are the silent. And no, that's no below-the-waist pull at this thread. What I meant is the tabloids will seem to be more prominent than they really are.

"and leading their drooling drone followers along in tune to their own private agendas."

And every newspaper's hidden agenda is in the lines of creating a superhuman jack rabbit-homo sapiens hybrid race, that follows precisely and without comment the course plotted for it.

News is news, and news sells. Not sure if they have much amibitions beyond the obvious financial ones. Sure they'd be flattered to find out people can actually be influenced enough if they can only gather their news from one source (no, this never happened before, and we don't know what leads to it... nooooo). Nonetheless, I really doubt that's very much what they're after.

-Z