well, discussion about international forum moderation

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by -exec-, Aug 19, 2008.

?

punish direct and indirect insults?

1. yes. i'm ready to be utterly polite.

15.8%
  2. no. there're too many shades of sense or too many villans that will give false evidences

84.2%
  1. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

btw, I'm quite sure that biggie is insulting me in his sig...

ban that bastard!

:D

oh, and while you're at it, ban al too (just in case)

2. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

LOL, just checked (out of curiosity) da rules from the register thing.

I guess I should be banned too, probably for about 64years...

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any.

Though it doesn't matter, since by those rules this forum will be a very quiet place anyway...

/Da Apeking

3. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

and i really think banning people ceaseless complaining about insults too.

4. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

execs post insults me :shuffle:

5. Tzebra

Tzebra Well-Known Member

I am curious Exec, what is it exactly that you are wanting to achieve for FH-Forums?

6. bot

bot Well-Known Member

moderate in moderation

I understand why you put this post here exec, you have been the moderator here since i started at FH, I would be worn out too. I feel this forum is going in the right direction now that reps are gone, give it some time before you change anything else, some people can't log on every-other day and anonomously insult people for 2 hours, they are going through withdrawl. There are a few we could do without .................I think there is still a poll open on one of them :)

7. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

A VERY good question!

Yes, exec, what are your plans for the Forum?

What legacy would you like to leave?

8. looseleaf

Number 46, The Larch.

The Larch....

and now for the Spanish Inquisition....

9. Tzebra

Tzebra Well-Known Member

Not concerned about any legacies he may or may-not wish to leave, more interested in the overall goal and methodologies he wishes to implement to achieve it.

I understand there is a need for implementing a more strict rule base, which IMHO is very long over-do, and a need for narrowing down the number of nicks people use to a singular identity, which again IMHO is long over-do.

Both of the above are positive signs, though if they are being brought forth in a bid for some form of visual legitimacy to visitors or prospective new players, then I would state that the point at which the rules should have been enforced is far past its' time, and trying to float a ship which is already sank is rather pointless.
    Of course the above paragraph is only my speculation, thus I ask the question out of curiosity, what is that you ultimately wish to accomplish?

10. looseleaf

We were all required to sign an agreement before being allowed to post anything here.
    The rules were quite clear and explicit. It was the enforcement of those rules that was lacking.
    Is it too late and meaningless to start enforcing those rules now? What is the purpose of creating new rules when the old rules were good but not enforced?
    The problem here is lack of enforcement not lack of good rules.
    This is why I asked about legacy. If it is his responsibility to enforce those rules , then he should have done so earlier and he should now start.
    The polling, the discussion, the proposal of new rules only draws attentions away from the situation; no enforcement of the rules.
    I cannot imagine he wants to do this forever and at some time he will step-down and another will take-over.
    Perhaps he will contemplate the concept of legacy and responsibilities of a job he accepted and "do the right thing" within the confines of what has been established.

No one likes to leave a mess. ( I hope.)

11. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned

O M G. Do you actually enjoy doing that?... (Keeping up a discussion with yourself, I mean.)

12. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

What this Poll is threatening and insulting, Quick Russkies attack the Poll!! Attack the Poll!! Oh I'm sorry wrong Pole you want to attack. Okay I'll be nice :D <S>

bullet

13. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

What I don't understand is why on earth people are staying in this forum if this is fucked up place?

How have this place worked for years without rules? Could it be the users? Or their attitude?

Not to get into nationalities thing (I hate poles, especially long ones) (and germans) (swedish too, oh god how I hate sweds) (oh, and romanians, spaniards, dutch, belgies, and wth, pick a country and I'll hate it)
    but why it's always US/Canada based people that want to change things, and to the direction they want it? Not all of them (Afi and biles f.e) but usually this kind of posting come from a yank.

Why?

(no offence ment, nor insult)
    (though I know some might take it as such...)

14. -BISH-

-BISH- Well-Known Member

How many do stay?

The lack of rules is ok, but it does catch out those that come expecting order or an open attitude to others.

Can only speak for myself, but noobs here talk about change when they have been in the MA long enough to feel something (whatever) about the game. then they use the forum to bring up whatever it is.

The combination of having you're idea/input ignored and the 'gang' ridiculing and derailing anything they don't want to read about gets you frustrated. Before you know it you are arguing points and wondering how the hell you ever got there!

I just left.

This place is just fine the way it is.

Just needs a sign on the front page

strangers
    <------ That way

15. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

to keep it a friendly place as long as possible

16. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Weeeelllll..

I understand where you're coming from... but then again, I don't. I know for a personal fact that the developers listen to any information you bring to them, because I remember bringing information to them myself.

The thing just is, the same planes will always be doubted because those are the planes that have been flown by a lot of people... and that have a lot of personal experiences recorded in books or whatever.

Because of that, the same plane, and the same source, will be credited a 1000 times, but maybe, it's just a bad source, so it gets ignored a 1000 times. On the internet 99% of what's to be found is junk, and then there's the 1% of reliable sources, that correlate with each other, that the developers can go by. Tsagi charts etc, whatever, it has to be reliable, unbiased data. Personal accounts of pilots mean close to nothing.

-Z

17. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

I guess you ment that when "a noob" posts his first "this isn't right, my (pick a source) states that (pick a plane) was (pick quality) and were much better than (again, pick a plane) and why don't we have have (pick a plane again) ?? we'll say "in two weeks" :D

Why they don't use the "search" option? :D

I don't know if we ever had a lack of rules. Most of those postings (like mine for example) usually have been in "bullshit threads".

Those threads are fast forgotten, well maybe not "da official and most best thread eva" -da bullshit thread.

So moderation by members works, not always, but usually.

What bothers me is the determinaton what some members show. I mean like a third posting, and the member in question is ready to say what exactly is wrong with the forum and whose fault it is.

Most of the time it's milos fault.

18. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

wow, wow, i think this forum is going in totally the wrong direction

:D :D

ps: voting no
    nowadays i only visit here when i feel like getting angry at somebody

19. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned

Why don't you only visit if you want to express love towards somebody? There's enough anger already.

20. demian

demian Well-Known Member

I have 1 remark ...
    Exec , composition of your post and poll, IMHO is not good.
    If i feel i am insulted, that means i am insulted. Antred (for example) is not competent to say whether he insulted me or not. He can only say if it was his purpose or not, he cant say what he did to me..Thus there is no false
    evidences about insulting someone. Form of this poll is meaningless.
    IF i say "Exec ur idiot' that is insult , i cant say i did not offend u just because i didnt want to. And just because ur lets say, coldblooded, doesnt mean its not insult. I had to notice this because this is not small thing, this
    is very important since ur talking about banning ppl. We had in our fh history
    many ppl that claimed they r ok , friendly, but if u asked some other ppl,
    they would tell u its not the case. Pls try to put poll in some other way .:rtfm: