well, discussion about international forum moderation

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by -exec-, Aug 19, 2008.

?

punish direct and indirect insults?

1. yes. i'm ready to be utterly polite.

15.8%
  2. no. there're too many shades of sense or too many villans that will give false evidences

84.2%
  1. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

It's difficult to call it a crime if there is no body.

Meaning, if noone's offended by something, noone will care, right? If someone is offended by something, I'm pretty sure that person will say so.

-Z

2. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned

Maybe for the first few times, then he'll eventually back off when nothing happens.

3. grobar

grobar Well-Known Member

well, recently, i've got a life, so whenever i would like to express love, there is plenty of targets around me. i dont have to log into an internet forum :zachot:

is that good enough? :)

4. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned

No, it sucked. Hit the "try again" button.

5. Fucketeer

Fucketeer Banned

You are totally right. With leaving the place, too. Sometimes that's the only thing that really works.

6. vasco

vasco Well-Known Member

bring back the rep system so i can give some to airfax!! :@prayer:

no need to enable good rep for that, bad rep will do

:D:D

7. -BISH-

-BISH- Well-Known Member

@ Z - I dont think that anyone using the MA or forum has a right to make claims/suggestions. But anyone that finds their way here has an interest. Misguided or not, intellectually acurate or not they may want to 'share'. Just how a forum opens itself up to and deals with any/all comers, rather than just it's insiders is a question of moderation.

@ airfax - The in two weeks thing is funny [more hindsight] but less so when you don't get it :)

Good point about the search option. I can only suggest that some [noobs] hope to engage in conversation with others about their 'revalation'.

The bullshit threads are often most interesting, they have kept me reading long after I couldn't be bothered to post :)

Moderation by members, I'd agree with that. But it's fair to say that some could do more to moderate themselves rather than others.

Some people just pull on their stubborn shoes when their backs get up. It can give them determination to persue courses of action way beyond common sense or even character. What to say, you can calm them down and accept someone new with loads of determination or you can pull their hair and watch them head into orbit. Whatever flicks your switch.

@ fu - Yeah choice is a great thing.

8. kangaa

kangaa Well-Known Member

My 2 cents worth. Direct insults have no place anywhere off the football field. But indirect insults are a different matter as its all about perception. What one person sees as a light harted attempt at hummer could be perceived as a insult to another. After all we all come from different country's and i for one am not well versed in what is an insult in other country's. Being an Australian we make fun of everything colour, hight, race, location you name it we have a go, so as you can see what i consider to be funny can be upsetting to someone else. And in the case of indirect insults a warning would be better with the chance to apologise. I know i don't like to engage in the insult game ( except for fat boy he just pissed me off, some may remember).

I'm more annoyed by thread hijacking it is beyond a joke and thats where the real banning should be....

Oh is the ban for the forum only or the arena as well?