Please disable the J2M3 until its flight model is fixed

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Red Ant, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

This plane is ridiculous. No one who was flown it or encountered it in a dogfight can deny that. Reds have their ubers, too, but none is even remotely comparable to this plane.
    I'm appalled at how many golds seem to have no problem at all with flying such a horribly overpowered plane. I meet them in droves in the arena. Please, for PETE'S SAKE, remove this plane until it's fixed.

2. demian

demian Well-Known Member

CC, i suggest admins block j2m for same amount of time as hurri 12x7mm was,
    then, silently, release it again ,UNCHANGED.:ass: Of course with all that talk
    how plane with such engine should be like that.:ass:
    I hope u reds feel the same as i was this early tod, when every 1min boa was killed by some newb in uber-plane. Not to mention all that " stop whining"
    red-kind saying:ass: , while vulching our powerless CVs.

3. Maletin

Maletin Well-Known Member

4. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

5. Red Ant

THANK YOU!! :super:

(Note: Exec has also disabled the super-Hurri, so please no whining that golds are being treated unfairly. :nono: ).

6. bot

bot Well-Known Member

Nice :)

wow I never knew f4u1a is faster than p38L and J

I like the speed chart

7. Cabron

Cabron Well-Known Member

Hmm...........I wouldn't sweat the J2Ms speed since It was very likely one of the fastest planes of WW2 with the J2m2 being a bit faster than the J2M3.

It's turn rate, however, should be just barely better than the corsair.

It shouldn't outturn a spit VB.

8. Red Ant

J2M one of the fastest planes? That's the first I've heard of it. IMO its speed was average at best, and by late war actually a bit on the slow side. It was fast by Japanese standards, i'll give you that ... but even here the Ki-84 was a bit faster.

9. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

OMIGOD!

Someone extended from redant in J2M3....

(tell me the truth, was it so?)

:D

10. Cabron

Cabron Well-Known Member

382mph at 18,000 feet is only 10mph slower than the KI84.

I'm pretty sure that most of the testing by the allies on captured planes is a bit off because of the fueling quality between allies/axisa nd that none of the top speeds of rarer fighters like the KI84 and the J2M flight is truly accurate whether higher or lower that it should be.

It was a 7,000 pound fighter with 1800hp at 18,000 feet and a more aerodynamic shape with smaller wings than the KI84.

11. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

who has data on j2m3 besides TAIC'1944 we possess?

12. Cabron

Cabron Well-Known Member

That is my point.

The data can be interpreted and gathered by many and still not yield enough information to put together a totally accurate flight model.

As flawed as it is, we have to use that information.

Many planes, when fueled with sweet high octane american gas at flight test, performed vastly better than it ever did in the hands of the axis.

That said, we should question the top speeds of all axis planes.

I flew the J2m almost exclusively at IEN and this was back when just pulling on the stick a little at 400mph will net you a stall before you complete the turn.

I still flew it and used it's speed to make many kills.

Once it became "uber" when IEN had an update (since rolled back) I stopped flying it.

It was fast but every mention of this plane says it was purposely built as an interceptor first and fighter second.

It does not turn well and the accounts of japanese pilots echoed that they were not happy with the acm of that plane as compared to their experiences with the zero.

It should not turn with a spit VB but it does here.

I am saying I am ok with it's speed as I have always treated it as if it were a FW190 when faced with an enemy in one.

So if you are a warp rolling runner when confronted with enemy, you just have to make sure you have not squandered your WEP and energy or a J2M will surely chase you down.............or just assume it will run you down like a 190D9 will and do something other than run away warp rolling.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  13. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

comparing to zero? hmm. they could compare it to a5m or ki-27 then.
    japanese were not happy about ki-44-2, though americans considered it as not bad turner.

http://www.csd.uwo.ca/Elevon/baugher_other/j2m.html
    the problem is that only soviet TsAGI bothered to measure turn rate on regular basis, and sometimes RAF, so we do not have direct specification of turn rate of raiden. slow for japanese, good for americans = how much seconds for 360° of sustaned turn?
    anyways, 15 seconds sounds unbelievable.