Start Recuriting Pilots

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by flygavn, Sep 25, 2008.

1. flygavn

flygavn Well-Known Member

As you noticed the roster needs more players.
    I am in USA and the roster for US time zone is pretty bad.

I work for a software company and I found out that a lot of our developers are gamers. And the stuff they play is the usual lame stuff.

So I sparked some interest in our great commuinity, so I made a flyer to get more members.

Please do the same, do what you can to get more people involved. Lets all do our part to build up the roster.
    I remember the days. 40 - 50 guys fighting it out.

I attached a PDF you can use.
    Of course I didnt tell them how easy it is to get that first kill. Or of all the warm fellowship we enjoy here.
    I'll ease them into all that, lol.

I have tried every combat simulater thats been made. The interest, if any soon fades.

Ever who they are that developed Wbs, they made a Masterpiece.

My kid has cost me a fortune on all his games, he soon loses interest and has to try another in search of satisfaction. I tried all of them too, none keep me coming back like Wbs. But when roster is 2-3 guys, what a bummer.

Lets spread the good word about it and all the loving fellowship. Once they figure it all out, it will be too late, they'll be hooked.

And until someone starts a Wbs 12-step program, we'll have a good roster and some nubies to kill!, lol.

How do we add attachment, It PDF 68kb, but I dont see it anywhere after upload?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2008
  2. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Heh, good idea ... but I wonder how much success you'll have with that. Most people give me odd looks when I tell them that I play a game that is about 10 years old.

3. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member

Poker is older game and how it is popular :)

edit: what about strip variant of warbirds? :D

4. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

yeah I get the same "wtf?" kind of reaction too
    but the simple fact is that there is no other game like WBFH around

5. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member

cc, rest is with normal DM and FM :D

6. flygavn

flygavn Well-Known Member

Ya, I dont tell them the age right off. But I tried all those fancy one with pretty pics. But you dont get the feeling your up in the air. I had to get them started offline with all the easy settings. My kid is pretty good now, but it do take awhile.

Anyone know if the attachment feature works in here. I cant get it too.

7. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member

prolly broken too and not only for .pdf :)

8. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

Oh stop bitchin', you can still have lots of fun in WBFH :)

Right now 302 is preparing a special ToD, we're waiting for the ETO map (and some more of our pilots to come back after holidays :rolleyes: ) and will fly only RAF 302nd SQ planes in their respective service dates in 302nd SQ.

Now that's gonna be FUN! :)

9. Cabron

Cabron Well-Known Member

Attracting players is one thing, retaining them is another.

The dweebery and exploits need to be shut down if we want anybody to stay more than a couple of missions.

I think a ditching on water should be a kill since a water ditch ensures the plane will never again fly in the war and the fact that a high percentage of pilots died when ditching on water..

Many noobs will leave if they spent the time and effort to shoot up an enemy plane and see the enemy player deny them the kill by landing on the water.

It's easy to do.......just make the water bumpy..........LOL.

10. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

LMAO!

Hey..shouldn't we just spread the word of illegal server, which is legal only in N-Korea, Iraq ,Pakistan etc. to join the game full of selfkillers , cussers and other illminded morons to fly bulletproof zekes here @ 700KMH? :D ..And how about to contact some Neo-nazi forums to join the gold side to kill everthing with just one 30mm bullet ?? :cheers:

PS.This used to be a nice game and a nice and polite forum ...well ...to year about ..2001 or so.

11. demian

demian Well-Known Member

I couldnt agree more with Jacobe;)
    And with flygav:)
    But im happy that this game is dying, because its eaten up by biiiig
    Cancer. soon will be only TA and endless dogfights.
    If i had to die, i would like that to be with honor. Dignity.
    Same goes for game, it should die now, while it still looks "good".
    As for this forum, it shouldnt be left to die, it should be destroyed.
    10l of gasoline and lighter..

12. spuint

spuint Well-Known Member

:D

13. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Lol.

But I agree with Jacobe on that one. Only I'd say the forum changed somewhere around 2004.

-Z

14. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

LoL ,sry guys ,my injured head/brain/memory fking up.

Afair it was about 2005, when sht started hit the moscow HQ's clients fans.

15. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

To reply the question for attaching the file, you could put it at some free service and link to it if you like :)

I also get the weird looks when I tell what I play.

and this is as said above the only game one gets back to, again agian again :D

And Civ II of course, but thats a friggin bummer online.

16. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

Settlers II :super:

17. deadmeat

deadmeat Banned

Nah yeah all of them guys I've showed this game to come on in and play said its plain too hard ( :D ) or just lmao @ graphics. Years went by, we sat in the bar with a friend, when he started off saying now he understands why most simmers use older games (he's not a flight simmer though, he plays trains and trucks) - and its because of the way they handle, their realistic handle. Imo those guys wanting hyper realistic graphics are not real simmers. They're like those fools buying rich cars, rich clothing etc only for the show yet nothing behind.
    Still this game has problems to solve and sure it always will, but still its the best I've ever tried with all of its bugs. No Il-2 or anything can replace the feeling it gives, and here goes a great big <S> to all those at devs who made it possible to play this game for all these years. They're getting our mess all the time with real or imagined problems we have, but still it's their honor to give us the chance to be right up there. As far as I know they're not hired by any companies, they earn no money for this, they're doing it in their free time while we're boozing and womanizing, they have to have some respect from all of us. (No, I'm not up for a tuned Mossie :D )
    Okay this gets way too long, so: I guess whats ruining this game is dweebery. The problem is with most of the players, not with the game. I'm here for 2 and a half year now, I'm quite a newbie to most of you guys but I definitely see something has changed around a year or so ago. Flight simming turned to a mass attacking shoot em up game, bringing in players who I guess dont even know the difference between a wing and a hangar door just to increase numbers, and since then almost all newcomers took their style as they seen its easier than the regular way. Then a bunch of old players left because of this, and a large part of the rest took that style too, singing "if you cant beat them, join them". That is where it had started IMO.
    When I started to play this game it had a lot of fun even for a newbie like I was that time. I cannot even explain how fine battles we fought back then, regardless if I ended up in flames.
    Nowadays there are no battles. It's not about bravery any more, its about how cowardly you can sneak or gangbang then pull away, and how fine you can aim. No more flying skills any more. Thats the other reason. Today's game style is like throwing small rocks on the opponent from a safe shelter instead of going there and kick his ass, expecting your ass can be kicked as well. I know it was the ideal tactics in WWII but I know as well it was in actual use till the end of a battle VERY RARELY. Most of the time - if we can rely on WWII pilots - engages ended up in tough dog fight with lots of bullets pumped into each other, one punch aces were EXTREMELY RARE. Take a look at those pictures of damaged aircraft returned home from battles. 1-2 hit kills were real rare in WW2, it only had become common in the missile age.
    What we got here today is something different of real war. It's like today's darn boring F1 series with two-three cars tuned up to their maximum powers and not about racing any more, now take this and compare it with Graham Hill's era, which WAS the ACTUAL F1 racing.
    Yesterday I've made some rounds, I've been dumb and out of use since I've been gone for a while, got killed many times, just laughed at it, I need some practice to gain back some effectiveness. But here's a few occasions I've met today's game style which I consider a much greater problem than any of the FM or DM bugs:
    Buff over [cursed] f2, I jump onto it in a Zero, we disabled each other's planes, both went to the ground, when...yeah, u guessed it, that goddamn sob called "beyond" whos truly beyond honor just selfkilled.
    Case 2: f2 is finally capped by reds after heavy battles we've been forced into since they were swarming the field at low and mid alt. It was fun, real fun, almost reminded me of old times. THEN when the battle ended, I headed home in a 110 obviously damaged, leaking both engines, clinging to the ground to get away, then comes conrad and shoots the hell out of my obviously crippled aircraft, till I had no chance to even bail out.
    Well what is this good for, guys? Scores? Making their names more notable by placing them on the radio bar more often? Damn, this is so weak, kids.
    And actually THIS IS whats ruining the game.

And remember: racing cars is not about chip tuning your car to its maximum performance. It's about the way you drive.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
  18. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

Geez people, don't make this game into some kind of friendship club.
    - Did I hurt you too much with those 2x7mm from d9?
    - No no, I'm OK, do please continue the fight.
    - Are you sure? I mean I can rtb if you want me to.
    - Not at all dear chap, please fell free to continue.

[​IMG]

This IS a WAR sim. You can have dogfights in FS if you can't handle being shot at.

I saw your fight with conrad. You were both high, he shot you up, you started leaking and diving for home. Now tell me why should conrad not be awarded the kill? I was high above you guys waiting for him to finish you off. If he hadn't done it I would. And if I wouldn't have done it there was another plane from our SQ which would have done it. Before the fight you were high enough to return home, but you decided to fight. You lost the fight, and now you complain about being killed? Well YOU lost the fight and there are consequences to that. You don't get to rtb home and bail every time.

Unless you of course ask to let you go and promise to bail :p, in which case I always let people go.

Next time write something in the lines of "spit chasing 110 w/ fuel leak otw f18, I'll bail". I'm sure conrad would've let you go bail too.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
  19. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

HELL YES! :super: This mentality of exploiting numbers and use of the easiest planes to score kills is going to drive all the old players and friends who played against each other away.
    What will remain will be the same hooligans that were kicked-out of the soccer games / would gang-up on the little guy. In any game they play against weaker groups and then within the protection of the pack they jeer and demean their victims.

I think anytime one player damages another player's plane to the point it no longer is an effective weapon of battle it should be counted to some extent a "victory".
    Perhaps a "probable" ?
    Also anytime a player causes another player to "ditch" should be counted as a victory.

The only consideration is where the opponent ditches.

Ditching close enough to the front line or friendly territory could constitute a rtb and not a "kill" or breaking one's "streak".

Maybe that's the point:

Different levels of success; Kills, Victories, completed missions, completed sorties, landings -take-off ratio.

"Any landing you can walk away from is a successful landing" :D

20. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

I vote for removing "the cursed f2".