TGR...

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by -al---, Sep 25, 2008.

1. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

2. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member

So dissgusting! :ass: :)

3. allpay

allpay Well-Known Member

so sorry about i have demolished that great rps, realistic plane and scorepage design owner game :joystick: :D

4. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Hmm, it isn't 100% clear from seeing the track whether allpay was *really* intentionally getting himself killed by the acks. IMO he may have tried to attack the field ... in fact I'm thinking that's what he went to the field for in the first place. Isn't the I-16 that little rocket-armed fucker that many people use to attack fields early in the war?
    Maybe allpay himself would like to comment on this track?

5. Cabron

Cabron Well-Known Member

That confession was damn easy.

6. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

Hey ant you know 2 stupid dogs? It's a cartoon :)
    well, concerning your post:
    "Oh ain't that cute... BUT IT'S WRONG!!!"

I can't believe you actually made me do this, but here goes:

First pic, I-16 type 29, with rox and bombs available as loadout options:
    http://helios.et.put.poznan.pl/~apodgaj/allpay/Scr0001.bmp

Second pic, I-16 type 28, no rox or bombs available:
    http://helios.et.put.poznan.pl/~apodgaj/allpay/Scr0004.bmp

And the grand finale, Allpay in arena, screen from the track I posted:
    http://helios.et.put.poznan.pl/~apodgaj/allpay/Scr0006.bmp

Are you good with colours? :) Zoom waaaay-in to see clearly. All pics unaltered, hence the big filesize.

Oh and btw, he did answer above your post, that answer should have been enough for you...
    not to mention his and his buddies reply to my accusations in arena

Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
  7. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member

pffff.... 2D cheater :shuffle:

8. deadmeat

deadmeat Banned

Aint him the same who made their whole squad hating me when one of them members insulted me and I dared to talk back? That'd explain everything.

9. demian

demian Well-Known Member

1 of big problems with this game is this one, we have a lot of free space to
    guess why someone did something, or not.
    I feel bad with threads like this because im pretty much aware of how many enemies this game made. When i say this game i dont think about fh i think about wb2.77 and current settings.
    Simply if we want serious game we must insist on making serious settings.
    Otherwise we only argue, every evening can become "lost time", while it should be fun. Imho there are settings that could make something out of this.
    Like when u cant hit white planes, shorter range for plane icons, kill going to
    a person who shot plane before it went to acks, acks firing on both side planes,
    radar which could see all dots as grey , not gold or red, disabling bombs after being seriously hit etc etc..There is probably something we can do to prevent
    suspicious situations which only make more enemies.. I personally everytime when i go jabo to a cv if im hit i continue to ship and drop bombs.Sometimes other ppl try to drop bombs even if they dont have fuselage,wings etc, even if they r not above target. Who can prove they didnt want just to kill targets?
    Or with this new settings who can say they dont have the right to be angry or what not? I saw fatal damaged planes going in field, killing just 1 ack by strafing, then saying " i went to kill ack".
    I mean for me is not enough if someone says that we should be tolerant.
    That if i get kill that is because someone gave it to me.
    I dont like fighting for 5minutes ,exposing myself to other cons, just so my kill could be denied in the end. do u like that?

10. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Yes, there should be and IMHO there could be some very easy "adjustments" to the game to retaining a modicum of "fair play":

Shoot a white plane or a parachute of a player who bailed and those hits go to the shooter's plane.

When a player over g's, due to enemy fire damage the victory should go to the player that caused the damage and not the nearest opponent plane.

Ack weenies should NOT get the credit for any "kill" when that plane received damage from an opponent plane or hmack FIRST.

Otto kills should be scored as a half victory.

Self kills : give the victory to the player who has scored the first hits (a minimum of hits should be established or at least give a half credit for the first hits scored on a kill with more than one players damage "contribution".

Kill stealing: same thing give half credits or have some first blood player option if he wants to give credit to the second shooter.*

* In one of my interviews of WW2 pilot, he described one of his most memorable air victories;

in a chasing dive he had just closed-in on an enemy plane and opened fire (scoring enough hits to be registered in his gun camera footage), when his flight leader jumped in between his plane and the enemy. He was still firing and most likely had scored a few rounds into his leader's plane.
    He got off his trigger and rolled like mad to avoid a collision and went on to another target.

After landing at the debriefing his flight leader, a senior officer very informally told him that he was going to confirm that victory belonged to his flight leader.
    The pilot was rather pissed-off and in the best poker face replied: "Excuse me sir?" No sir, I did not see your aircraft in the vicinity. I cannot confirm "your"kill."

In this case with the gun cam footage the higher command was forced to give a half credit to each pilot.

The old boy still chuckled when he told me that story.
    "You can look up that *****'s record and there you'll see that one half victory still now. That's MINE baby!"

FYI guys: that was a discussion between two MARINE F4U fighter pilots in the Pacific theater.

To get that story I had to share half a bottle of Cutty Sark with the old boy.

The things a young man will do to get a story......
    :D