a new game?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Mcloud, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Gaze

Gaze Active Member

Cool i like game cam gotta try it out. 8^)
    Sad tho 150+ actyive players and anytime i log in there might be 1 online 8^(

2. Franz-

Franz- FH Beta Tester

3. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

Gaze hang in thier, I'll reinstall WB3Taba this week end. But most likely I will not be on until very late or early morning EST <S>

bullet,

Hope others pop in.

@franz that looks neat :)

@al Well i did use shift+O and it works but after 3 minutes or so without warning it reverts back to the pain in the ass pan view. I 'll reinstall everything again and try it this week end. <S>

4. Franz-

Franz- FH Beta Tester

5. demian

demian Well-Known Member

For those who dont see difference between cockpits ,
    just try mossie cockpit in wb2.77 and 2008..
    IMHO, the only good, realistic thing about 2008, is 6 view..
    Not like in 2.77 where looks like u turned urself totally ..
    BTW, stay away of Taba host, vibora is great guy, but as i heard
    Exec is working on taba as well:dura:

6. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

Bah Xbox. Nintendo wiiii has funnier controls ;) gyrocontrol FTW :D muahah

XP is friggin hard to get unless u get Vista PRO with possibilty to downgrade.
    NT is replaced by server 2003 or above I guess, same goes for W2K
    98; U drunk man?
    Linux can be had from quite a lot of larger firms these days (as dell and whatnot)

This is though only counting buy a preinstalled puter and keep it that way.
    If u want u can get an empty puter and an OS as sideorder, or reinstall yourself.
    And I also heard that there is something called intarweb where it's possible to get OS'es of different kinds. Maybe even some that are not haxxed ;)

7. ppedott_vibora

ppedott_vibora Well-Known Member

:D:D:D

thnkx demian, it is so nice to read something like this... the only ppl that state the same (great guy) was my mom (gramma vib), my wife (Ms Vib), my kids (-juju- and -lulu-), and alemao...

BUT... there is something very important (at least to me and franz-)... -exec- did a HUGE job at TH and we never will express properly our gratitude to him regarding his eforts to set a TH dammage model...
    -Exec- did a outstanding job (I know, he will come here and say that he's not so important) in a DM of TH (and I have all the .xls files that he did to prove that), allowing to franz- set the most advanced DM that you can find at any air sim... I believe -exec- is now working at a great new DM for FH... And I also believe he will do a great job, as usual... also also, if he one day want to join TH dev group again, he will be more than welcome, becouse his talent is so great and far away of the mine ( just to set a unfair compairson)... and blame him regarding FH way... is much more than unfair... its cruel... I really do not want to be in his pants... I hope that TH dont go in the FH way... and, if -exec- come togheter us Im sure that will not occour..
    really sorry about my bad english...
    my 2 kopeques...

<S!> -exec-

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  8. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

Sorry franz, this is not happening to me currently because I have yet to reinstall and set up the game. I should have said that this is what was happening months ago when I flew, atleast to me. You may have fixed the problem, not sure but I do hope so. Anyhow I'll be on this week end. <S>

bullet

9. Cabron

Cabron Well-Known Member

You might be able to still get media center edition of XP.

10. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Reub;

That's the point: How many people who buy new computers will be able to play FHWB if they have to use Vista or Linux OS ?

This may be one factor in the reason less and less players are joining-in on the fun.

Maybe there needs to be a section on the official website to direct potential members on how to get the older OS and install FHWB?

The X-box statement was a joke:D

11. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Well, I suppose it's not so bad since you can customize the key mapping to your liking. The cockpits do bother me, but the positive aspects of TH far outweigh that. I played around with TH a bit more tonight and I'm really starting to like it.

If WB TH had the cockpits from Aces High, now that would be purrrrfect! :)

EDIT: The connection sucks A LOT, though. :-(

Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  12. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

The startside of the website is as of now a bit less clear than wanted perhaps, with old links and such (stated earlier about launcher ease-of finding)
    I guess if someone come to see the site and it was posted information about 'yeeeah, you need ta make a dualboot system or reinstall some old OS'... that would maybe be worse, I dunno.

I don't think that I would make a dualboot system, get an old OS just to be able to TRY OUT some game, really.

It's different for us that are already hooked, we might considering the downgrade path if we would get newer hardware...
    Similar to people who keep old OS'es to be able to run some old trusted application (1998 I had a pal who refused getting decent USB compability via W98SE, cause he used cakewalk that woudnlt run on anything newer than W95) cause and effect, supply and demand, so to speak.

13. jotaceTOGA

jotaceTOGA Well-Known Member

The players started to finish playing wb since admins have taken the reputation on forum off... gg wb!!