Warbirds 3 anyone?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by bizerk, Oct 14, 2008.

1. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

Been flying WB3 and I must say I've been having alot of fun. Hats off to franz and vibora I must shout out to others here to give this a try. The connection is much better these days and even got a few more pilots to fly in there. flymax, mumbles, larry, ricedd, and I even seen strafe there brielfly. Anyhow I think Tabahost is a very reasonable replacement for our beloved FH version (no offense meant) The transition is easy because alot is still the same with a few new things to learn. The views can be just like wbfh just use cntl+O keys and the wierd pan view goes to the familiar snap view as we know in FH, in a short time everyone will be up and running and killing. Let the fun begin, see ya in there,

http://www.tabahost.dreamhosters.com/news/index.php?option=com_ionfiles&Itemid=48

<S> bullet

2. vojtas

vojtas Well-Known Member

FH fo' life

3. Cabron

Cabron Well-Known Member

I find it strange that the warbirds install has grown to 934 megs since early this year when it was offered up as wbwfull-latest.exe it was only 553 megs.

Did someone add all the artwork and such?

4. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

it was about 500mb, but then an update came out with new planes, new models for older planes etc.
    it was 300+mb, so the previous version with this update combined gives you the 900+mb file

5. Franz-

Franz- FH Beta Tester

6. Lesiu

Lesiu Well-Known Member

No kidding? Free track in warbirds? Is it working?

7. Franz-

Franz- FH Beta Tester

Sure it works :)

8. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Excuse me for asking; does it work on Vista?

9. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Seeing how this is IEN's latest product, I would suppose it does. :)

10. demian

demian Well-Known Member

Bullet, i didnt know about ctrl+O before Al mentioned it,
    but i noticed different types of view if u use joystick's hat, or
    num pad keys on keyboard..
    When i see Vibora and his positive energy about wb2008, i feel great..
    When i see name "flymax" i feel like " oh no again selfkillers"...
    Serious, what is different if some of the worst players now switched to wb 2008? I can understand for Bullet is fun, flymax wont do selfkill to him...
    But for rest of us , this is disaster..
    I just need flymax,bra-pe,tazget, all kinds of fuk-nicks, and the rest of
    fh TS bob dickheads to feel like at home..

11. ppedott_vibora

ppedott_vibora Well-Known Member

Thanks, sometimes it involves a lot of work and patience... :)

There is NO such thing of "selfkiller" at TH... If you nail one single bullet at the bastard and he/she dive to death, or bomb itself, you will got the prize... (unless other pal nail 2+ bullets at bastard... take the prize who delivered more shots at bastard... even acks...)

:)

12. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

demian, flymax isn't that good at warbirds and he'll be the first to admit that. When he flies a fighter plane he pretty much has to beg the con he is shooting at to die, and on the few occations that he does down someone they more often then not have self killed and denied him a kill. If flymax did a self kill with any kind of regularity I would bet he did it because of the many others that did this. Believe vibora there is NO self killing. Well I must go make my cup of tea and go fly on Taba. See you all up shortly it is 11:30 EST 14th Oct fangs out!!!!

13. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

Okay i got an explaination from flymax, he told me, that when he flew bombers on FH his otto's would never fire at any cons even from in close. he found this strange , and stated since his gunners, (otto) didn't auto fire as they should have, something fishy was going on, and that he would selfkill himself to denie anyone the kill. Now I must agree when someone who flies a bomber as much as flymax does, finds that his otto's don't want to work anymore, Well that sounds like tampering some where some how and he wasn't about to give some one a freebee because of tampering or a glitch/bug for his chosen side. Also stated when he flies as a fighter and gains a bombers six, that his foes otto's work just fine from D6 with devastating effects. Flymax also said he stated at the time he was being shot down that he types in the message bar in the 100 channel stating " No ottos, No kill "

Now I know flymax and he is a good guy and flies honestly. He wouldn't do such a thing for the fun of it. He thought something funny was going on. and appearantly thier was, be it a bug/glitch or tampering of the game some how some way. I guess we will never really know.

Anyhow I was on last night in both the main arena and the training arena for tabahost and had alot of fun, although not many were on, it was fun. and very nice. I am adjusting nicely and getting used to the way the planes handle and the gunnery. <S> franz and vibora, keep up the good work.

bullet

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  14. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

Well I need to make a correction, to change from crappy pan view to snap view (like in WBFH) it is not ctrl+O it is shift+O. brings the views as we like it :) Sorry for any confusion.

<S> bullet

15. DZIVDZAN

DZIVDZAN Well-Known Member

how can I change keyboard default commands? Is there chance to make WB keyboard commands to look like in WB2 or to copy them from WB 2.77 to WB3 and how if it is possible?

16. -kopi-

-kopi- Well-Known Member

Theres one most important question about taba host.
    WHEN DO YOU PLAY?????

17. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

For keyboard commands I believe vibora or franz can answer your question best.

@kopi, well like FH it can be hit or miss because there are still few pilots, but growing, and with growth your chances improve greatly. We had a little better then 16 pilots on last night err late evening. I have been flying gold mostly because most are flying red/allied aircraft. The current map is the Blitz map so it will be Battle of Britain SpitIA's and Hurricanes vs 109E and 110's along with bombers that were used in that period. As you know I am mainly a fighter pilot so I really can't remark on the bombers and transports.

as for the best times to find pilots on, I would say try various times though out the day. But I must say even when there is nobody is on it is still a good time to get familiar with the flight models. I'll be on tonight for a bit around 11:30 EST, sorry week days are tough for me because of work but I will be on around that time. I'll most likely be flying gold becausemost still gravitate to the allied aircraft. Anyhow hope to see you in there kopi. <S>

bullet

18. ppedott_vibora

ppedott_vibora Well-Known Member

kopi, that you read above is a big lie.

bullet is now a gold in his heart, and he confess to me and ricedd that he is actually loving to fly gold among those gallant gold comrades... also he beg us to join the Kommando and stated that he is in a will to pass trought all those satanic initiation ceremonies to have the right to wear the
    :@prayer: Kommando Nebula Warriors Pilots Golden Badge :@prayer:
    He cant wait to announce to the world how happy he is now that he discovered his golden heart...
    :) touching... I get so emotive in these moments...

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  19. DZIVDZAN

DZIVDZAN Well-Known Member

Keyboard imputs solved :)

20. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

I've tried to download all those files and after 3 attempts the 900meg file downloads with too many errors!

Oh well, I'll keep trying.:dunno: