Hello and help pls

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Retro, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Retro

Retro Member

Hi everyone my name is Eugene and I live in the U.S. Im unemployed and I have insomnia so im looking for something to occupy my time for awhile. Im fairly new to playing flight sims but I have played warbirds in the past. Im just wondering if this community is still active or not ...I seem to be having a problem that i hope someone could help me with. I downloaded all the appropriate files needed to play and ran the program that say go online. Then I updated the server list and saved but when i click "start pinging" i get timeouts and offline and all that.. So im just wandering if the servers are still active or because of my location i cannot connect.

Thanks for any responses..
    and sorry if this is incomprehensible im a bad writer.
    Retro

2. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Welcome. Sometimes service is not the best. With a cable internet service in California I would get anywhere from 100s to 400s pings.

Search around the forum here for any updates to server list and also the FH homepages.

I've found that disabling the anti-virus and changing the firewall settings would make for better game play.

Another trick in my case was going to hard wire connection instead of wireless (wi-fi) made for better pings.

Despite what you read here... ha ha ha . this is really a great group of people and from all over the world.

Also checkout the Tabahost version of FH too.

Have fun. Wish I could be more of a help.

3. demian

demian Well-Known Member

Hi Eugene, this is the only working IP:

4. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Also, make sure you REALLY have the lastest FH Launcher release: http://forum.wbfree.net/forums/showthread.php?t=35869

Sadly the main page hasn't received any updates for quite some time, so new people might mistakenly believe the current version is 1.66 when in reality the server uses 1.67. :-\

5. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

Welcome Eugene!

As above. Sometimes the response can be really bad both in the 'lobby' and in-game. Those times are better spent doing something else. ..

But when it works, it works :D
    Then all you have to be careful of is the loonies flying this game ;)

6. Retro

Retro Member

hi again..

thx for the replies.. everything is working now with the new ip address ..
    all i need now is the cockpits and im good to go ...
    thx again

Retro

7. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

yo d00d, don't get scared away too fast ;)

8. demian

demian Well-Known Member

9. illo

illo FH Beta Tester

I don't know the background of your condition, but I'd go for a walk or for a bicycle ride. Nothing is better for getting sleep than some fresh air and physical exercise.

PS. Playing online flightsims is probably the worst. (been there done that) :)

10. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member