New game fh il2...

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by demian, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

• It suffers serious compressibility effects at air speeds even below 300 mph ... regardless of altitude. Yes, the real life P38 did suffer from compressiblity, too, but not at such low air speeds and only at very high altitude anyway (compressibility is a function of Mach number, not IAS or even TAS).
    • It has way too much pitch inertia. Takes forever to build up G's and, due to the problem mentioned above, it will only do so if you use full trim if you're going at any meaningful air speed.
    • Ridiculous amount of nose-wobbling. The P-38 was renown for being a highly stable gun platform. Not so in Il-2.
    • A __late__ P-38L model in Il-2 on 50% fuel and using WEP climbs worse than an early (the late variant isn't modeled at all in Warbirds) P-38L model on 100% fuel and using only MIL power in Warbirds. You can just barely maintain a bit more than 3,000 fpm even at altitudes way below 20,000 feet.

2. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Well, that seems to be a moot point anyway as I see there aren't even any P-38s available in Il-2 FH.

Oh by the way, here's another thing. When there are only 3 people online and you're desperately looking for some action (as I imagine you must be with that number of players), it might help not to blow planes to smithereens while they're still taxiing to the runway ... unless of course you view that kind of 'combat' as action.

3. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

OH MY ! I guess you can take the dweeb players out of the game, but you can't take the dweeb out of the player...

How sad.

This reminds me very little of one of the features of the primitive game of SWOTL-Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe, Yes, here I go again:

There was a Mission Builder feature, where you could name your scenario: alt, number and type of opponents' planes and formation, player's plane and alt, number and type of wingmen and formation.

In AH, if memory serves one can play online in a private area one on one although it woud be a "gentleman's agreement as to what alt and where in the map.

Even the original Doom games one could play one-on-one with someone else on a LAN or peer-to-peer via parallel or ethernet cable computer to computer.

I wonder if FH would/could ever set-up a server so players online could opted for a one-on-on private exchange of gaming. This would come in handy when there are so few players and/or when two players with limited time can meet online and "duel it out".

We each have our own dream of a perfect world......

:dunno:

4. ledada

ledada Well-Known Member

i wonder, why anyone would waste time with developing a 'multi'-player server with a '1on1'-option... not to speak of the possible consequence, that such feature won't help a bit with low numbers online.

besides, if two players want to duel each other, one of them can tell his ip-adress and set up a host himself.

5. skycpt

skycpt Well-Known Member

ledada - Thanks for the tip earlier. However even doing that wouldnt work for th IL2FH mod.

Ping - Server times out now. Cannot even get a ping.

6. ledada

ledada Well-Known Member

installs and pings

hi skycpt,

if it doesn't work, you may have changed other files as well, like pergaps installed by other mods? i play regular on 4.08m and sometimes on 4.09b (unmodded) and 4.09-fh with no problems switching.

about the server... on the homepage of 'il2-fh' the actual ip is not listed right some times - so i use to check there and also here in this forum for changes. at the moment il2-fh is temporarily back to 77.106.108.208 again.