Where are you, guys...?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by mostar, May 30, 2009.

1. mostar

mostar Active Member

When I started flying WB Freehost in 2002 there were more than 50 pilots in arena... Today no one is on-line...

Where are you, guys...? Did you grown up... ? Stop flying...? Change the simulator...? Stay sad about score page out...?

Lets Fly... Where are you...?

2. rudeboy

rudeboy Well-Known Member

Ya need hardware and software and people [who have moved on].

The group [people] is good and the group should embrace the new hardware and software. I suppose many have less money than others and will play what games they can. I still play Civilization [a clone, under linux]. I like it. It is old. It works on old hardware also. Do you know a lot of people who play that? No. Right? No.
    Either move on or play those old games. The old stuff has it's place, as long as your hardware will accept it.

I hope to see FH move to another tool for playing air war simulation. It is said to be in process right now!
    You will have to buy the windows and the P4 though. Can those things be easily gotten in Goatstan?

Last edited: May 30, 2009
  3. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

hahaha biles :D

@mostar: WB FH is mostly deserted now, sometimes during the rush hours (late evening/night) you might find enough people to play with

some people have moved to Aces High 2 (not that many, and it's P2P - Pay to Play...)
    some have moved to IL-2 1946 (most of 302nd and turkish gold raiders f. ex.) and await the completion of FreeHost MOD for IL-2, which is now in beta stage, but playable, look around the forums for info
    some have moved to WarBirds 2008 TabaHost, mostly brasilians as it's their server ;) also look around the forums for info

some have stopped playing completely
    life, eh?

4. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Meh, TabaHost is every bit as deserted as this place. :zzz:

I want to go back to 2002. :(

5. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

The reason why no one plays here anymore is because BILES doesn't tell stories anymore. When I joined FH it was about 2002 or so, and at that time biles used to tell everybody stories. He was the king of the forum, and would say FUNNY stuff, and everything was fine and lots of people were playing warbirds, it was great.

Now biles has had some sort of major injury and he is medicated to some extent and expecting him to tell us a story about chinese people on the buses in BC or something like that is kinda like betting on Muhammed Ali to beat Evander Holyfield in some sort of old timers rematch fight.

You can tell me I'm nuts but there does seem to be a connection between biles' lack of storytelling enthusiam and the number of people playing these days.

Last edited: May 30, 2009
  6. Asmumy

Asmumy Well-Known Member

I do not play anymore because jayroc doesnt

7. Jacobe

Jacobe Well-Known Member

hehe mcloud :)

would you like to tell us / me how old are you? :)

8. rudeboy

I believe he is forty-0ne years old. Thanks for the suck-holing.

:p

Damn!
    I just thought to myself
    Most people away from Canada won't know what a 'suck-hole' is.....
    Yeah, it is a ice hockey term. But in the context I meant, well, it is not.
    A suck-hole is a person who is sucking up.
    Which is not anything to do with the yankee expresion, 'suck it up.' or 'sucking it up.'
    Although a yankee is just as capable as anyone of 'suck-holing.'
    Yanks are language impaired, example:
    they think pissed means angry.
    And that it is possible to drink twelve beer without falling over. Well, I will tell you this:
    Twelve yankee beer.
    Which is not anything like twelve beer.

Last edited: May 31, 2009
  9. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

I still like the game, but thier isn't anyone online really anymore. I suppose if the numbers were decent I would fly, but it is a lonesome virtual world these days. Just not interested. I will however be in Geneseo NY for a great Airshow, this years theme is Navy aircraft, last years was P-40's here is some video from last years show see ya there <S> bullet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guvdf8vhVLg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYow9wFqhY4

10. rudeboy

Nice films. And not a ground loop to be seen!

11. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

I am afraid that the reason that people don't fly here no more is that people don't fly here no more.

No opponents= suxx gigantic hippobutt.

Just looked: 3 guys in MA and one in TA.

...grumph

12. Red Ant

I've been contemplating registering at Aces High II. But I'm not sure if logging in a few hours each week would justify 20 bucks a month. Ah well, might give it a shot and then just cancel the subscription if I don't like it.

13. rudeboy

I have been tempted.
    I used to play another P2P game it was called Air Warrior. I went broke and that guy with the weird name, or one of his friends, let me keep on playing because of my humorous writing.

14. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

It's 15 bucks ;). In terms of gameplay AH2 is basically good ol' freehost just incomparably more complex, and with average 200-400 players in arena. Is it worth money and time? I enjoy it enough to keep my subscription, though if there was another, more serious and mature flightsim like targetware used to/intended to be, I would move there without hesitation.

15. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

16. Red Ant

What happened to Targetware anyway?

17. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

Looks like development in major mods stalled for a prolonged period of time and eventually most players drifted off to other sims. Nowadays if you can find 3 players in one arena you may consider yourself lucky.

18. kangaa

kangaa Well-Known Member

Well i stopped flying because it wasn't fun anymore. People got hung up on making it a real flight Sim and forgot how to have fun. Not being very good at fighters i used to spend a lot of time flying bombers but the powers that be made it so a single fighter could take out an entire squad of bombers without taking a single hit. So no fun no fly sorry but this is what a lot of people said would happen if they kept changing things.

19. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

so 2002 must be returned or fhl1.42?
    i have two-three men who require 1.42 but will not return to game anyways. :)

20. Red Ant

Huh? Are we playing the same game?