My name is Shyam, and I am full of it.

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Mcloud, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

http://www.blip.tv/file/2716460/

Q: How do you get 20 ton structural steel columns cut into 30 foot lengths to be laterally ejected hundreds of feet out of a building?

A: Shyam Sunder: "Fire"

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  2. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

3. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

are you suggesting that those structural steel columns had cutting charges wrapped around them every 30 feet?

even without getting into maths with this, it is ludicrous

4. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

You made me curious how much explosives you would need for that. A whole bunch. And the length of detonator cord or whatever you'd need.

On other hand though, would thermite/thermate blow 30ft long 20 tonne steel girders out of a building?

-Z

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  5. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Probably not in this world, but in Mcloud's universe, yes ... most certainly.

6. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

NANOTHERMATE = EXPLOSIVE THERMATE

948 Architects and Engineers say it the only way. But of course, you know more than them about these "maths". ;)

[​IMG]
    Steel beams cut into lengths (steel was not cut by Blow Torches - demolition crews not yet arrived)

[​IMG]
    Molten Iron falling (can't be molten aluminum, aluminum melts silvery colour, molten iron is orange colour AND is the by product of a THERMATE-steel reaction)

[​IMG]
    Notice squib, a mistimed explosion at right of picture. This is debris being ejected at explosive speeds, not just "compressed air". Highly focalised, not circumferencial destruction.

[​IMG]
    Beams cut at 45 degree angles.

[​IMG]
    Setting cutting charges at 45 degree angles (very interesting)

[​IMG]
    More burned cars for you to enjoy.

Nanothermate all over WTC area HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  7. FranzAugust

FranzAugust Well-Known Member

Don't destroy Ant's world. :(

8. Zembla JG13

Thermite is a reaction between metal oxide and aluminum. It's an incendiary reaction. Not an explosive reaction.

There is a difference.

In other words, if it was thermite, how did it blow up? Unless it suddenly went from solid to gas form, or expanded as a shockwave... it shouldn't have.

In any case, the destructive power of thermite is contained within the heat it spreads. It is not an explosive, it is an incendiary.

-Z

9. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

nano blew it.

:D

10. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

The maths in question have nothing to do with whether it was nanothermate or whether it was an explosion, or not. The maths I meant were:

[(heightOfTheBuilding/30feet)-1] * numberOfColumns * kg'sOfThermatePerOneCut

edit: btw, I'm an engineer too now, so FU :p

11. Red Ant

Haha, me too. I'm an "Associate Engineer" ... although I know fuck all about nanothermite and why ludicrous amounts of it are absolutely crucial for a building to collapse. :confused: But that shouldn't stop me from adding my name to a list of people making some wild claim!! :D

12. ledada

ledada Well-Known Member

melting point of iron is at ~1500°C - colour of molten iron is near to white.
    melting point of aluminium is at ~700°C - colour of molten aluminium is dark red to orange.

and it is 'thermite' and 'nano-thermite'.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  13. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

Just curious, but isn't thermate/ite a chemical reaction where the aluminum and iron being the fuel source with the rust on the iron being the oxidizer?

If that holds true, the let's think about this. Tons of aluminium (a fucking airplane) collides with a steel building (lots of iron in steel, right?). The only issue is that the reaction requires a great deal of energy to initiate it, like magnesium. But wait! Magnesium is used in aircraft for weight savings, right? So now we have a way of making a thermate/ite reaction happen.

-----------------

When you hit something, does it just immediately break? No, it usually requires the object being hit to absorb the vibration from initial contact to the point where the material shears itself to failure, hence the breaking. Now, this vibration is thought to occur in a sinusoidal waveform. Sinusoidal waveforms are fairly even in their period, which would explain why these sections break every 30' or so.

Fuck it, you've been stuck on this shit forever and I guess you're entitled to your opinion. I'll just give you my thoughts on the matter without some stupid scientific explanation for it all.

The U.S. government most likely knew of the possibility of terrorists attacking the WTC, but the government in all it's infinite wisdom chose to wait until further confirmation. With this wisdom, the government waited. They waited to the point where the only confirmation that could possibly motivate them to take action was a few planes slamming into some buildings and killing a couple thousand people.

Because people refuse to believe that their government could be so lazy/retarded/incompetent, they make up complicated, insane theories about "what really happened." On the bright side, you tried to get us all to learn some interesting shit about chemical reactions, Mcloud.

14. Red Ant

Maybe he doesn't (although, given how many times all this nonsense has been chewed over by REAL scientists, he probably does anyway), but thousands over thousands of actual, non-fake-look-I-got-a-degree-in-psychology engineers do.

15. FranzAugust

The world is firmly established, it cannot be moved, Galileo!!

16. Red Ant

That is an excellent analogy ... except you got it backward, Gallileo was the established scientist with a real background in astronomy, the clergy are the truther wanna-be engineers with a degree in psychology (or theology, in this particular case).

17. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

OMG. NANOTHERMATE IS EXPLOSIVE THERMATE. Why don't you understand this? Possibly you don't read? :D

Read
    Nanothermate found
    Nanothermate found
    Nanothermate in WTC Dust

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  18. FranzAugust

I know, that's why I chose it.

19. seung_sahn

seung_sahn Banned

McLoud, 9/11 is old stuff. Talk about their newest hoax called "swine flu" now.

20. Zembla JG13

Good, you've provided a link.

As usual.

Please, summarise? I'm not going to read all that. Considering you're the one that still needs to convince all the rest, I'm sure that won't be too hard.

-Z