Arena in need of moderation.

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Cabron, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Cabron

Cabron Well-Known Member

I saw at least 12 brand new names today switching sides back and forth.

Can someone go over the arena logs and match IP to names?

I suspected "wool" of side switching and attaching so I upped a bomber to the middle of nowhere and I watched the roster change while he "entered" and "leaves" twice and soon shows up at 22k feet on my six.

How hard is it to enable the .attach command to echo the text confirming it in the buffer of both pilots involved?

That's how it works in evey single other version of warbirds.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  2. gandhi

gandhi Well-Known Member

Are you sure there weren't 12 people online and you were constantly switching sides relative to them?

I ask because I suspect you'd say everyone is driving the wrong way if you were going down the right-hand lane in the UK.

3. Cabron

Cabron Well-Known Member

Ninja please!

Many people saw it.

Please take your pathetic ad hominem attacks elsewhere where they might stand a chance of working.

4. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

I gotta go check something, hold please.

(edit due to checking something)
    OK. The .attach command is available, I thought it was disabled due to something someone wrote in the forum quite some time ago.
    There is NO possibility to attach to other side though.

OK, so now U wanna know how I figured this out?
    -easypeasy:
    went in arena on red side, attached to letez. He was in Beaufighter. Exited the plane by 'bailing'.
    When again in twr, tried to attach to helmut, who was on gold side.
    No dice.
    Came back here with this screenshot :)
    (end edit)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
  5. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

Tralala? WTF dude?

6. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Exec had promised to disable .attach, but it's still active.

7. demian

demian Well-Known Member

Reuben ,Reuben, Reuben :)

Ok, so now u put me in position to explain what Cabron meant with this thread.
    So here we go..
    Bunch of new nicks + switching sides = cons get killed, buff raids stopped.
    And imho he is right, looks like there is 100% increased spying rate in last few weeks.Here is why i think like that:
    Last few weeks i have been flying only fighters, in my own world, and i cant say from buff's point of view, but ill tell u what i noticed.
    Every now and then, some guys saying on ch 103, " Red cv there",
    "Red buffs here", etc. We currently dont have long range fighters, ppl who are ready to fly accross map to fight. And for me it is enough when i see someone in tower or in front of me , saying that CV is at other part of map.
    What i think is happeneing here today, many ppl in last few months addopted strategic style of playing, like letez does. Due to pacific map coming over and over again, looks like most of ppl learned how to play with some effect ,spying, destroying eco etc. It is very sad to see ppl we know, spying.:(

8. demian

demian Well-Known Member

For me, active attach, no coms for golds, means someone is working on game:cheers:

9. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

I thought .attach was disabled and had vented such thoughts in forum when people yapped about it. Just to be sure (tralalala) I went in arena and checked it. So it's still active for 'same side', which means there is a possibility to exploit it.

Have a look in the russian forum, I had a minor breakdown and yapped about bad behaviour. There is posted replys to what is and what is not allowed or considered bad.

Most often I dont let it affect my arena behaviour.
    Last night though, I kindof had axe on the recieving end of "dweebery not consisted as cheat or bad".
    Sorry axe.

10. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

11. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

A pair of days ago i was covering a raid of 3 pe8 and before to reach the target (f21) from E (from f1), the buffs separated between them so i gave full power to my plane to cover the buff in the most dangerous position, but suddenly a 190 appeared my sing long and high and destroyed a buff.

In that moment the 190 only could see me after destroying that buff, so the usual would have been to attack me (i was bit low and slow), but he kept the hdg searching for other buff, until he destroyed another.

Come on, who ignore a nice kill as mine was? he just went straight line knowing there was a raid.

Maybe it s just coincidence, but i ve never seen that guy before, his nick is something like "zostra"

12. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

will think what can we do

13. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

you can start by giving bans for selfkilling
    maybe we can have a vote about this?

The server on which I play IL-2 has a system of bans till the end of the present RL month. You can be banned by killing your teammates, killstealing, shouldershooting, bad language and general aggressive attitude. It works.
    Why not adopt it here?

If a person selfbombs and it is caught on track then ban his ass till the end of the month or the ToD. Several consecutive bans could result in a permanent ban.

Right now there absolutely is no order in the arenas. You can't just control the game by disabling features that can be exploited. You need to get rid of the exploiters.

How much longer will it take for you guys to discover that the law needs to be enforced? A fact humanity has grasped quite a long time ago.

14. SteveS

SteveS Well-Known Member

Interesting thread. Anyone come from iEN?, they used to have moderators in the arena policing stuff, worked OK most of the time. When I came to FH many years ago, I was amazed at what ppl got away with...self killing, terrible language etc etc. Mods in iEN also had the option to remove players from the arena instantly. But who in FH would be willing to come on line even for a few hours on a regular basis just to police the arena?

15. Cabron

Cabron Well-Known Member

Much of the terrible language is response to having witnessed extreme dweebery or cheating.

If the cheating can be reduced, I believe the bad language will be reduced almost the same percentage.

Today Letez (using badgrl) suddenly appeared at 15k feet coming after my he177 in a tempest using a lame dead six attack.

He spun and quickly alt/f4 so he could up again.

I came from IEN (IcePaq) where I was banned (no warning) for suggesting a hall of shame wiki page like we have here since they had thier share of cheating a few years ago (dog and ice).

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  16. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Need rules before you can have police though. Simply saying: dweebery gets you banned is a bit too vague.

-Z

17. Cabron

Cabron Well-Known Member

Dweebery is dweebery but cheating has already been defined and assigned punishments.

They just need to enforce.

Much cheating is going on yet guys like letez are still flying after years of blatant cheating.

I think letez is insulting the people who work on the sim.

18. big-jo

big-jo Well-Known Member

did they really ban you only for that? what a bunch of cabrones

19. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

I'm playing at IEN, too, and if there's any policing going on with regard to foul language, it's not readily apparent. I see a lot of whining and mutual insulting most times I'm in the arena, although the word "fuck" is admittedly used more conservatively than here.

20. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

who cares about foul language?

the fact that you can fuck around the forums and arenas all you want is a positive side of FH :)