Major Problem with WB

Тема в разделе "Hardware and Software", создана пользователем itayky, 10 май 2002.

1. itayky

itayky Well-Known Member

Please help me,

When i choose on FHL 2D and gets in the server in 2d mode I can fly regularly, but when I try to join the server in 3d mode the beacon turns Yellow and then Red and I just cant play :(

Please help!

I have the lastest 1.42 freehostlauncher :(

:( :help: :help: :help: :(

2. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

and offline?

3. itayky

itayky Well-Known Member

Offline works as usuall

4. -nicae-

dunno.. i dont use 3d :dunno:
    never heard it either
    maybe something with your video settings.. beats me how those things work..

5. itayky

itayky Well-Known Member

thanks for trying nicaee.

It was working great in 3d couple of weeks ago and then that problem showed up

6. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

As far is i rememeber you can uncheck (or check) checkbox in Windows joistick settings (in control panel) named somting like "assign interrupt to device" (dont remember the name exactly)
    (if you use win95/98/Me)

Srtange but it helps.

7. itayky

itayky Well-Known Member

I've unchecked "poll with interupt.." in the control panel
    and there has been some progress.
    Now Im able to see my "itayky <---- Enter Arena" before my beacon goes yellow and then red.
    Still 2D works ok.

Please advice

8. -nicae-

maybe try this?

remove a tick from "Display properties>Effects>Use transition effects for menus and tooltips"

did you try all proxies, direct-connections?

9. ledada

ledada Well-Known Member

hi itayky,

which os do you have?

i suppose it is a problem of irq-routing. windows claims to handle irq-sharing, which is not always given.
    so, if you have for example network adapter (or isdn-card) using the same irq as 3d-adapter (which normally doesn't need an irq)or graphics-card, there can be interference between them.

also network-adapter and usb like to share same irq, which means, if you have an usb-joystick continous using (like in wb) the joystick can influence network-connection (i got this problem, so i use normally modem or isdn for playing, not lan-connect)

the same could be for soundcard-gameport (i don't use this one)

Последнее редактирование: 11 май 2002
  10. schnit

schnit Member

same problem

Hi there

i have the same problem !

i´ve seen that my usb joystick is not available in the control panel although it is plugged in and working (offline)
    what can i do that the graphic card (nvidia geforce2 mx 200 - newest drivers) does not use irq - or what solves the problem ?

i have no network adapter (exept AOL simulates one) but i use analog 56k modem

misterious - inform me about problem solves please :)

greetings
    marco aka schnit

11. ledada

ledada Well-Known Member

hi schnit,

your stick shoul be seen in device-manager as "human interfaces device" somewhere.
    but it won't get an irq since it is sub-deviced to "usb-controller", which should have its own irq.

the "graphics-adapter" is most important to have a unique, unshared irq (commonly 11), the same for the "sound-card" (commonly 5).

irq-sharing is even in winxp a problem...
    network-adapters and isdn-cards shouldn't be a problem, when they share irq's with usb-controller, but i have had problems with connect and also blue-frames (when i got my graphics-card shared irq with network-adapter) and i know about some (to many) others who have similar probs.

12. itayky

itayky Well-Known Member

I've found out that my ISDN controller and Nvidia GF2 card are on IRQ 11, both of them.
    BTW how come i can play other online 3d games witout problem?

I tried to change it from Windows and From Bios and i just couldnt. There is no such option in my bios.

(Intel D850MV motherboard)

Please help.

13. schnit

schnit Member

same problem

I´ve found out that my GeForce 2 Graphiccard and Terratec Soundcard both have Irq 5 !
    I also couldn´t disable irq for my graphic-card

Overinstall Windows ?
    Or what can we do ?

Please help us !
    I have Elitegroup Motherboard K7S5A with AMD Athlon XP 1800+, Win98

:eek: :( :eek: :mad: :confused: :dunno:

14. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

Itayky, go into the Bios on your PC and see if you can assign an IRQ to the graphics card. Failing that the easiest way (even though it dosn't sound like it) is to remove and reinstall the ISDN until it uses a different IRQ (Try using a different slot when you plug it back in).

Malin

15. ledada

ledada Well-Known Member

hi itayky,

as malino says, you can try to change the pci-slot for your isdn-card, which should change the irq also.
    don't take slot one, because it normally shares resources with agp-slot (graghics-card)

before you do this, set "advanced->boot configuration->plug & play o/s" to "no" in your bios (if you miss your manual, download it here: intel d850mv )

if you realize after reboot, that your irq's have changed all or not the right way, assign irq's to pci-slots (of the problematic cards) manually in your bios under "advanced->pci configuration submenu".
    you can't assign the agp-slot (graphics card, but irq 11 is perfect), but a solution, which works in many cases is to put soundcard in slot 3 and assign irq 5, put isdn-card in slot 4 and assign irq 10

with a little luck, usb-controller should be given irq 9 by windows then, which is default (can't be assigned in bios)

[another possibility:
    you also can disable com-ports, if they are not in use (for example, when you use ps/2- mouse and keyboard). you may try this first with only one com-port (com-port 2 normally has got irq 3 or 4, which will be freed then) this is to be done under "advanced->peripheral configuration submenu->serial port b->disable"
    this can be useful, if your soundcard is configured to use 16-bit-legacy support also. this feature is only used for dos-emulations, but once configured it can hardly be removed]

at last, i only can ask you to check your graphics-card drivers. i use nvidia-detonator 28.32, which fits well for me in winxp. the version for win98se is available under
    nvidia drivers
    and, maybe, reinstall directx

good luck

16. ledada

ledada Well-Known Member

hi schnit,

i couldn't find a download of your mainboard-manual, so you have to check by yourself.
    what i've written to itayky should be similar to your settings.

your graphics-adapter needs an irq, don't try to use it without.

since agp-cards can't be changed their slots, maybe you have to play around with your soundcard. but irq 5 is well for the sound, so maybe you try to assign it exclusively to the terratec.

disable "plug n play o/s" in your bios and assign irq 5 (under "pci-configuration" or so) to the slot, your soundcard is in. don't use slot 1 (the slot under your agp-slot) for your soundcard.
    the graphics-adapter has to look for another irq then, and hopefully it will be given 10 or 11 (which have high priority).
    if the new irq for the geforce is shared with another device, check which irq is free and assign this irq in the bios to the slot, the other device is put in.

[in some cases even changes in bios-settings don't show results to the assign which windows does. this is mostly due to the powermanagement (api or acpi) installed together with windows. it is very difficult to solve problems then and you should ask someone to do it for you in this case]

schmit and itayky:
    the irq-routing can be the problem, but there maybe another reason for your problems.
    but the irq-reassigning is a good thing anyway, so give it a try.
    but be sure, that you will remember all your changes to the bios, so that they can be redone easily. bios is fundamental!

best wishes for you!

17. itayky

itayky Well-Known Member

Ledada,

Can is it possible that my computer will run online 3d games without a problem and have problem just with Warbirds???

thanks for the help

18. itayky

itayky Well-Known Member

HAHAHA Its working!!!
    thanks for anyone that helped

:super:

But now: My Network card , My sound device and my USB hub
    are all sharing IRQ 9

I hope it wont give me any problems!! ;(

19. schnit

schnit Member

but how ?

i didn´t get it yet !

please describe what you have done.

i have the same problem but couldn´t solve it !

please please !!

i want to fly again ..........

:( :confused:

20. ledada

ledada Well-Known Member

hi itayky,

so it can be stated for sure that every computing unit has got his own character!

i hope, mine will be a non-agressive one and not start to call me "dweeb" after boot and "vulcher" before shutdown! :eek:

gentlemen, start your engines! :director: