Thrustmaster Joysticks

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Glas, Jan 27, 2010.

1. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

Glas I'm waiting for your professional review of that Thrustmaster there :)

2. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

I didn't get it al, they moved the delivery date so i've cancelled and just went out and bought one - a Logitech stick.

It's taking a bit of getting used to, but i'll get there :)

3. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

which logitech? twist rudder or pedals? POV-hat? (=

4. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

Too bad :(

I was hoping for a first hand review. It looks like a nice stick (well mby "looks" isn't the right word ;) ).

5. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

Something like Logitech 3D Extreme Pro. Twist rudder and hat switch (I wouldn't buy a stick without both).

Just wish I could get the game to work :shuffle:

6. demian

demian Well-Known Member

What? What u can do with check 6 on stick? How it works??

Dont experiment with sticks so much. It is the only thing u dont want to change evryday, nor to calibrate every day. SAITEK, SAITEK is the only name u should look for. Ok, if u need mouse , buy logitech. Or keyboard. But not stick with rudders. You guys simply dont know how sensitive issue is having rudders as twist . Many, many joys wont work precise when having twist, many of them will just stop working after some time. It can happen to you that u wont be able to fly all planes just because rudder is so sensitive that it affects even pitch . Most flight sims will require twist abuse when u lose aileron, or both, or any vital part in the middle of combat. In wb losing both ailerons sometimes requires such of joy abuse to just go home and land.
    You need hard joy , very hard, you need very precise joy , and that simply is not logitech .

7. Glas

Glas Well-Known Member

No, I just need the freakin' game to work :(

Only thing I can think of doing is deleting it and reinstalling, though i'm not sure that will help.

Any other suggestions?

8. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

I'm with demian on this one. I __HATE__ sticks with built-in twist rudder. I find it impossible to do anything without inadvertently applying some degree of rudder input, which drives me absolutely nuts.

9. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

My last joystick was Saitek 3D Cyborg gold USB force feedback. It had the twist rudder feature, it was my first twister.
    Not bad until one of the rudder pots died and it stuck at full right rudder. Nothing I did could change the setting. I tried to disable the twist rudder feature to no avail.
    I threw the whole thing into the shit can in disgust.

I tried the X52 and that seems ok. But I am going to save my allowance and buy the CH/HOTAS.

Until then I am going to get the cheapest Logitech or Saitek with a hat switch.

I've owned a dozen Logitechs and I liked them. They just wear-out.

I've changed pots, glued re-enforcements, molded extra plastic things, put in over-pressure micro switch protection. After two Logitech force feedback joysticks I returned to the regular Wingman/Wingman extreme.

I have just consoled myself that joysticks are just game consumables.

Hopefully the high end model will last.

:joystick:

10. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

I don't think demian said that he hates twist sticks. I read that he doesn't like soft twist sticks i.e. logitech.

11. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

Right, I'm not with demian then. :p Because I hate twist rudder sticks regardless of whether they're from Saitek, Logitech or any other damn manufacturer.

12. -nicae-

I loved my Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Pro I.. It had a good twist rudder.
    I can't really see myself having the coordination to re-learn flying with foot-pedals...

It will likely be like driving games on my steering wheel: Disastrous!! :p

13. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

Don't ever try driving a real plane then!

14. demian

demian Well-Known Member

Im trying so hard not to say words like hard big together , in fear of having Mcloud commenting his gorrila pet:)
    Funny, i believe i read Antred had saitek and liked it very much..
    though i can understand you now Ant, because i know ur having now speedlink)
    And i had speedlink before:D
    Im having now saitek aviator, with 190 pictured on the box( :D) , almost 2 years, every night, and it doesnt need calibration, twist is ok , precise, pitch and roll work fine not starting rudder , 2x throttle , many buttons, many functions etc etc .. And it was only 30 or so Eur 2 years ago. My hand still hurts after intense dogfight, that is how hard that joy is.
    Dunno, i would read users comments on net before buying anything ...
    I never tried joy with peddals, i thought wb has problems with it, and im not like sonar to have mouse and peddals somehow working together:(
    I would rather not twist my hand for yaw, but hey , what choice is there , imho all modern joys use twist..

@ Glas - Did you try what Hezey suggested? I dont use vista , i dont know anything about it , but what he said about settings sounds very logic to me

15. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

You know you can always get rid of that vista/win 7 whatever junk. XP is still the way to go.

16. -nicae-

Driving a real plane with a steering wheel? :D

Funny thing is I'm actually well coordinated. I even play drums haha
    anyway, I think it's already a hassle to have a joystick taking up room in the house.. Let alone joy+rudder! I guess interest in games is kind of fading away for me..

Music is taking up space, though.. drums, guitar, bass, keyboard, amp, mic stand...! :x
    Well worth it, I must add! Verrrrry fun!

17. looseleaf

You're more likely to get more girls as a rock star or musician than a WBFH ace!

:super:

In fact don't ever mention to any girl that you play online WW2 combat sim games....

18. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

Dunno, some girls might like to watch you play and distract you even...

Don't ask how I know.

19. looseleaf

I'm talking about girls of legal age: over the age of 18.

:D

20. seung_sahn

seung_sahn Banned

Suddenly? So you switched from "How to dress my Barbie doll" to "Knitting grannies"? Does looking at them give your wrists a better workout?