The main question about Stebe Jobs

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Funtom, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Fat ale always had a boner for Flash.

-Z

2. seung_sahn

seung_sahn Banned

Yeah... though I liked him better when he was a "her". Wasn't this annoying.

3. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

Yeah I have a similar impression.

4. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member

Yes, no arguments so start this.... typical :)

But ok, if is HTML5 so great for you, your problem, not mine, i just wrote some true about flash, that's all.

5. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

Last time I checked, Safari was software from Apple, hmmm... See the pattern?

I do not need to argue with a fisherman, that eggs are better than fish. You're obviously a hardcore flash enthusiast and that's fine. Don't buy the iPad and problem solved. Jobs knows that he'll still sell shitloads of them, with flash or without, and he won't have to cut a deal with Adobe.

You feel you'll have less work opportunities because of the lack of flash on the iPad and other apple devices? Tough luck, change your job.

What is your problem anyway? I seem to have forgot in all this excitement...

6. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member

There is not problem with iPad & iPhone around me because nobody using it... and after ~half year will be out (I hope) Flash CS5 with special compiler for iPhone, so it's ok. As I said, I have not problem with Apple, my first post was just for fun, nothing else.
    I only hate shouts like "Flash is slow!", "Flash is worse than black death!", "Flash is for weird ppl!", "Flash is the worst thing on the internet!", etc., because these ppl almost always knows nothing about Flash and their arguments are 10-12 years old. That makes me angry.

Yes, I am Adobe fan, I like their products, I like ppl which I met...

7. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

As long as there is no difference in functionality for the end-user, only the developers will see the benefit of either method.

Most people I know don't care either way if something is written in Java, Flash, or comes as an executable of sorts.

They're tools, means to an end. It is in the end an interface. I don't dislike Flash, and it does have its benefits, I'm sure, but that just sorta reminds me of the whole 2advanced craze. Sure you can overload a website with Flash, it can make it nicer, but it won't necessarily make it load any faster, or rather, make it more accessible.

-Z

8. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member

It's not 100% true, because developing in Flex is rly fast, so customer have his solution earlier and...it's cheaper. Or could it be :rolleyes:

Yes, problem with Flash is that a lot of developers are fascinated by it's potential and they want to use all together :D

9. seung_sahn

seung_sahn Banned

Flash is dying, video might save it for another few years but that's it.

10. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member

Just .flv format is dying, flash not :)

11. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member