FH Troubleshooting help

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by -nicae-, Feb 5, 2002.

1. Berzerk

Berzerk Member

when I try installing the wb277r3full i get this messege C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt and it says "the system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and microsoft windows applications.

can some one plz :help: me!!!!

2. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

did you download the launcher too?

get this, install it and try to fly then.

3. Berzerk

Berzerk Member

yes i already have the installer it only happens when i try to install the actual game client cuz im trying to follow the websites directions -Install wb277r3min.exe (or wb277r3full.exe or wb277r3upd.exe).
    Unpack and install FHLauncher.
    Now to play online on FH

but when i try installing the wb277r3full.exe is gives me the error i put on my previous thread.....I installed the FHL already to see if that was the problem but it didnt work anyway :help:

4. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

previsous thread doesn't count just because we are not obliged to search previous one of yours. JUST TELL I HERE.

5. Berzerk

Berzerk Member

yes i already have the installer it only happens when i try to install the actual game client cuz im trying to follow the websites directions -Install wb277r3min.exe (or wb277r3full.exe or wb277r3upd.exe).
    Now to play online on FH

but when i try installing the wb277r3full.exe is gives me the error i get this messege C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt and it says "the system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and microsoft windows applications. I installed the FHL already to see if that was the problem but it didnt work anyway plz oh plz :help: me i wanna play the game!!! im a big wwII fighter plane game fan!!!!!

6. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Then i can't help you any further, sorry. My informatics level is so reduced.... Hope someone can soon...

7. Berzerk

Berzerk Member

Now to play online on FH

but when i try installing the wb277r3full.exe is gives me the error i get this messege C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt and it says "the system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and microsoft windows applications. I installed the FHL already to see if that was the problem but it didnt work anyway plz oh plz me i wanna play the game!!! im a big wwII fighter plane game fan!!!!!

8. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

man, i didn't mean that you must duplicate it every hour in the same thread.

looks like you downloaded your r3full.exe wrong. download it again.

9. Berzerk

Berzerk Member

well i tried again downloading it and re-installing it but the same error happened its a "16 bit subsystem error" that says - C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt "the system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and microsoft windows applications.

does anyone know whats wrong? HELP ME!!!

10. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

well, it seems to be XP based problem...this is what I found...

try this

or this

11. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

12. Berzerk

Berzerk Member

airfax i thank you my friend you are a genius amongst men!!!! my problem is solved and if i do the rest correctly i should be in the game no later then today! also the only thing i needed to do was copy this file AUTOEXEC.NT into the system32 folder and right click it go into properties and click read only that fixed it!!!! thnx alot again man also i wanna say this forum rocks they actually help people not like other game forums where the question stays unanswered for months!

13. stucka

stucka New Member

start problem

hi all

1.) when i press pract. offline following msg appears

for advanced sound effects set hardware acceleration to full
    i checked it. it is full

2.) i am not able to launch the game in onlinemode. i hear the sound of the starting engine and then the programm closes and returns to windows

pls help me

thx

14. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

Re: start problem

1 is a mystery to me too.

2, you probably have to re-install Launcher again. Also you might want to tick off the "transition effects" thing which causes problems with XP. And you also might want to check the processor cooling, since the WB is notorious about CPU usage, and processor overheating might cause the problem n:eek: 2.

Try installing launcher again....

15. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

:eek: is typo...

sorry .

16. Intrdr

Intrdr New Member

I have another problem - my throtlle with additional pots on them arn't recognised by WB at all. I have X45 USB and with other sims it works perfect, as well as all axis are visible in control panel. Is there any solution?

17. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

18. Midevi

Midevi New Member

Hello,

I'm using win xp and I have warbirds installed.. and it works... but I installed Freehost Launcher after.. and I installed it with no problems.. then I click the freehostlauncher.exe and it doesn't respond.. then I try to reintall the FHL and it still wont let me.. any suggestions?
    --
    -
    thanks

19. airfax

airfax Well-Known Member

firewall? you do have FHL1.6something....the newest anyway...?

And you're certain that FHL (shows up when installed IMMSMR) knows where the Ien stuff is?
    (f.e. D:/Ientertain.../warbirds)

1 person likes this.
  20. ediegrup

ediegrup New Member

Disable AGP Fast Writes in the System bios:
    this is usually under chip set or PCI settings.

Disable AGP Write Combining:
    For the Latest Nvidia Forceware Drivers this is under
    display properties -> settings tab -> advanced -> troubleshooting
    and may only show up under certain hardware / driver combinations

Disclaimer:
    These tweaks may only help certain hardware / software combinations, the result for me was improved fallout 1 stability and a reduced number of blackouts. Both of these settings give only a very small performance boost = 1 and can have nasty system stability side effects so there is really not much reason to leave them on.