Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Funtom, Jul 1, 2010.

1. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

anyway, you ignored vstab and hstab indeed :)
    could you redraw you proposal with them?

2. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

BTW...exec....on the cockpit art of P38....how/where do I get the image from? Convert "P381.vew" / "P383.vew" to: ?

3. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

4. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

5. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

:confused:

6. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

you did not marked where new vstab and hstab would be

7. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Question:

As the rudders and stab are the same light green color does that mean it is one unit and any damage to any of those light green cubes means the whole group is damaged?

Perhaps if there were separator colors of dark green, that would isolate the damage?

:dunno:

8. fas---

fas--- Дремучий патриархал

Map damages of any aircraft in the game should contain the same elements (basic). We are now discussing the tail part of the Lightning. It was suggested that the maps of damage important elements such as elevator and rudder. Leaving only the horizontal and vertical stabilizer. I want to clarify - these are different elements - the rudder and vertical stabilizer. The elevator and horizontal stabilizer.
    All these parts must be modeled. No technical problems to remove them from the model, but - I have said, because we do not want to get Uber, who is fundamentally impossible to damage the rudder and direction?

I posted here a larger picture that everyone managed to get acquainted with the draft amendments under discussion.

I used shades of red, that would have been clearer. In the editor, there is no difference in the color of the elevator and rudder.

p.s. Automatic translation

[​IMG]

For comparison - the map of damage b110. Why do you think the Lightning should be better? I can agree with a decrease in footprint area, but to remove elements such as the rudder and elevator - it was much too.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
  9. looseleaf

Wait a minute !!!!

D520 produciton numbers: Less than 500 built and less than 400 were used !!!

From Wiki : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dewoitine_D.520

"...The Groupe de Chasse I/3 was the first unit to get the D.520, receiving its first aircraft in January 1940. These were unarmed and used for pilot training. In April and May, they received 34 production machines, which proved to be very popular with the pilots. In comparative trials on 21 April 1940 at CEMA at Orleans-Bricy against a captured Bf 109E-3, the German machine had a 32 km/h (20 mph) speed advantage owing to its more powerful engine. However, the D.520 had superior maneuverability, matching the turning circle although displaying nasty departure characteristics, spinning out of the turn repeatedly during the tests while the Bf 109, owing to its slats, could easily sustain the turn on the edge of a stall.

When Germany invaded France and the Low Countries, 10 May, 228 D.520s had been manufactured, but the Armée de l'Air had only accepted 75, as most others had been sent back to the factory to be retrofitted to the new standard. As a result, only GC I/3 was fully equipped, having 36 aircraft. They met the Luftwaffe on 13 May, shooting down three Henschel Hs 126s and one Heinkel He 111 without loss. GC II/3, GC III/3, GC III/6 and GC II/7 later completed conversion and all took part in the Battle of France. A naval unit, the 1er Flotille de Chasse, was also equipped with the D.520. GC II/6 and GC III/7 converted to the D.520, too late to see action.

By the armistice at the end of June, 437 D.520s had been built, 351 delivered. In air combat, mostly against Italians, the Dewoitine 520s scored 114 homologated air victories, plus 39 probables [3], losing 54 to enemy action. As French resistance collapsed in the middle of June, GC I/3, II/3, III/3, III/6 and II/7 flew their aircraft to Algeria to avoid capture. Three more, from GC III/7, escaped to Britain and were delivered to the Free French. 153 machines remained in mainland France. ..."

Now that should give reason to add Italian fighter and/or at least a real P-63 !!!!!

:D

10. Cabron

Cabron Well-Known Member

Hey!....I fly the d520....ask brainy what kind of plane attempted to vulch him at F2 the other day.........weakest 20mm in the game?....which I find strange because it is the same as the hispanos in the hurricanes except for belt feed vs drum feed.

I thought the ki44 was "uber".

Kidding.....I applaud your crusade to help make the damage and flight models correct and would do the same if I didn't work 40+ hours a week in exhausting heat on Lexus cars and a few more hours doing performance work on exotic cars.

I'm all for demanding realism in damage, gunnery, and flight models but I experience great anger when I see our accurate planes being flown in an unrealistic manner.

I hope that the more accurate realism will inspire pilots to fly with realism as well rather than resemble lawn darts.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  11. looseleaf

12. looseleaf

Ha ha ha... Welllll...... the Hispano used in the D520 was the HS-404. That's NOT the same version used in the Spit/ Hurricanes. Brit built Hispanos were far better, from MK I to MK V. So there is a little basis in realism for that D520 to be a little weaker in the firepower department.
    Seems even the Americans could never get it right making their versions of Hispanos during the war.

My only point is that since there were less than 500 built and less than 400 ever in service during the whole time of the war, by exec's rules that plane should be eliminated...

;)

13. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

I think there is a bit of confusion with the colors used. You and Exec are saying that I changed the illustration to make it look like the vertical stabilizer and horizontal stabilizer have no damage modeled? I didn't intend to take away damage settings.

The placement and size of the damage areas look very good now.
    So, in the final stage, what do the different colors represent? Durability, strength, function? If you could explain what the different colors represent, that would remove confusion. :)

14. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

colours are "names" of elements
    durability is another parameter

15. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

775 airplanes
    year, you're right 371 for Armée de l'Air Française and 349 for Vichy.
    but production is 775! :D
    and concerning this situation it's available for both reds and golds.

P.S. in this game HS.404 is copy of Hispano II (M1 too)

16. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member

[OT]
    Exec, pls give me some contact to you, i need something about TA.
    Ty.
    [/OT]

17. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

icq Killer Crayon
    gtalk exec228

18. Funtom

Funtom Well-Known Member

offline?
    lol :D

19. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

So the colors only identify regions of the aircraft?

20. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant