Do you dogfight or do you bomb fields?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by -ALW-, Nov 7, 2010.

?

Do you come to the arenas to dogfight or bombing sorties?

1. I come to the arenas to dogfight

31.3%
  2. I come to the arenas to bomb fields

6.3%
  3. I come to the arenas to bomb fields and dogfight

62.5%
  1. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

I come to the arenas to dogfight, how about the rest of you?

2. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

It's mainly about air combat to me. Every once in a while I'll do some ground pounding, though. Dive bombing CVs is fuuun.

3. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

I like to do both in the same sortie, but when you're the only guy bombing I get a fuck this shit attitude and start flying pure fighter missions after awhile.

4. gil---

gil--- FH Beta Tester

just same here

5. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Well... If I had my choice I would only fur-ball.

As that condition is rare and my time to play online is very limited, I will bomb fields and dog fight and see what I can do with my fellow players/teammates.

I will just go with the flow of the moment. If they got something going, I will join-up as time permits.

6. Higgns

Higgns Well-Known Member

I like to take fields that will allow me to fly the planes I want to fly.....where I want to fly them whether bombers or fighters.

I get caught up in field capture when teammates yell for troops or help closing a field and end up upping buffs when I find the very people yelling for help closing and capturing fields doing a pathetic job of it.

It's thier goal yet they bring 4x50 to a field and then yell for help.

I get frustrated and up a buff to properly close medium and large fields only to see the entire roster of my color get dragged into a futile attempt to close/capture a small field because they brought the wrong plane......while said closed medium or large field reopens.

Then, once times are bad at formerly closed field, all of my color suddenly need to capture a field who's time has passed.

Then I switch to fighter.........if my connex is good enough at the time.

I'm primarily a bomber pilot.

7. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

I'll do some bombing once in awhile, but mainly for me it's Dogfighting, pure adrenalin and I still find it here, though I do long for the days of 50+ players/flyers. Some planes here are made for dog fighting but others shine when a furball ensues. Over all I like the current planes and how they behave, my one grip is to be able to hit from D10 again, even with snap rolls boom and zoomers are out of range to quickly. <S>

bullet

8. boomzz

boomzz Member

i see two clubs forming now. the fighter club & bomber club. higgins, why havent you voted for the "I come to the arenas to bomb fields" . i really thought that would be you. <S> all.

9. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

Well, perhaps it'd be better phrased to say that you come to fly a fighter or bomb/buff. That is, sometimes I will fly a fighter, but I don't want to dogfight. Rather just want to defend.

In the ancient times, when there were 50+ players at any given time (on commercial variant or otherwise), I liked to fly a fighter offensively. More like stalking and fighting very selectively.

But with fewer numbers my pathetic fighter skills -- to the extent that they exist -- become apparent, so I prefer to bomb :)