FH 1.42 - so good as expected?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by BarT, May 23, 2002.

?

1.4 or earlier versions?

1. 1.4 versions

23 vote(s)
    92.0%
  2. earlier versions

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. BarT

BarT Well-Known Member

FH 1.4 - so good as expected?

Is 1.4 so good as expected? imo not, pls post and vote =]
    i attach small jpeg, showing lately problems with 1.4 :mafia:

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 23, 2002
  2. -blue-

-blue- Well-Known Member

bart pojebało cie ? ktoś ci kazał tu latać ? a moze ci się nudzi i nie masz co robić tylko sie przypierdalasz do ludzi, którzy robią coś za darmo i możesz z tego korzystać ? przestań wypisywac takie bzdury bo czytać już tych twoich wypocin nie można.

3. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

3x7.62: that was server-side damage config bug, fixed already.
    red framed text: check time-zones ;); that was obviously an rps bug, server-side again.
    lower text: rgreat may answer on perf. but i can add that soviets had a vaste number of chaikas since it was a main fighter, alongside with ishak.

p.s. what are you doing? looking for ill sensations?

4. Perdomo

Perdomo Well-Known Member

1.42 is great IMHO, just some little things that need to be fixed, but great work FH Staff!! :super:

5. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

after all fixes already made, there are only a few details to be solved. like i153 size, etc.

i vote good

6. --stec

--stec Well-Known Member

i153 size and the most important - bug with i153's E-retention. This plane almost doesn't loose energy in maneuvers. These 4 wings, large and flat frontal area and weak engine should cause it to bleed E like a dog (not to mention tricky handling which unfortunately, as Rgreat said, is impossible to model... ).

7. Perdomo

maybe it's my lack of piloting skill, but when I'm in i-16 or i-153 I just can't fly straight :dunno: , I admire those pilots that can shoot at cons with them, coz aiming is for me a nightmare when flying them :)

8. -nicae-

normal to me perdomo - mb you pull too hard on stick?

9. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

Nice assembly bart :D

I completely agree with the I153 part, (how would that come... oh I forgot, I typed it! ;):p), it really needs to be debugged...

greetz, Zembla

10. Perdomo

"normal to me perdomo - mb you pull too hard on stick?"

No, that's what seems strange to me, even when I'm just trying to fly straight in one line, they seem to "jump", always pulling up by themselves, turning in strange ways... but I guess it's just that I have to get a little more practice with'em, maybe they're just too light for the kind of planes I'm used to, like P47 or F4FU-1D.... :dunno:

nevermind, anyway I don't like'em that much :D , just want to repeat my admiration to those pilots who get kills on them

11. BarT

BarT Well-Known Member

blu - ta prowokacja, jak to okreslil mii, to tylko wypowiedzenie mojego zdania na temat 1.4... nic nie wprowadza ciekawego poza samolotami ktore imo zachwialy rownowage stron mocno w strone redz...

thank thee zembla

exec u must admit that 1.4 server is (mb was) unstable last times...

12. ledada

ledada Well-Known Member

viva 1.42

i still have many new features to experience, but for me 1.42 is great!
    the more as it is a sign for the still progression of the game warbirds, which is in excellent, if not the best, hands now. thanks to you, fh-crew!

it is not two weeks ago since the release, and i still don't know, how quick the team could have reacted with updates and patches. and even if the future shows there is something to be changed (maybe the dispersion for example :D ), i'm sure that will be done (not w/o 1000 threads of discussion, since communication with the joyful clients is the best, i've experienced)

perhaps i153-modelling shows the limit of network-flying, because of turns faster than packet-transport, but there's a world between that and the hotkey-controlled-jumpy-bumpy-bots in mp-shooters...

i think, 1.42 is a must, it proves that fh is marching on. alternatively there is a multiplayer-version of pacman, i've heard (which is 99.99% stable and shows no warps)

i give you a hand, developers!

Last edited: May 24, 2002
  13. -nicae-

lol! yeah, those are very different!
    in fact, to me, its those planes that have their noses always pushing downwards :p

14. Perdomo

15. ppedott_vibora

ppedott_vibora Well-Known Member

Old pal ledada! (I´m missing to fly w/U :) ) Allways precise!

I think v1.42 is very nice, good new planes (410, the sovereign of the skies -when I learn how to fly it well), record and other cool stuff;
    besides the troubles at beginning,
    (expected at every release of any software...)
    But the dispersion thing... holy s****!!! I feel back to
    august 2001 when I came to FH... I just can´t kill nothing any more, and my stat loss x wins now is 20x2!!! :p
    Ok, I never was a decent pilot, but... I feel like lost 8 months, and " De-learning" to combat...
    Damnned!!! :D

16. jefim-

jefim- Guest

"poza samolotami ktore imo zachwialy rownowage stron mocno w strone redz... "

imo gowni**e la7 nie zachwialo zadnej rownowagi

i ciagle wszystko zalezy od pilota

17. niles

niles Well-Known Member

I got the new front end working, took couple days.
    Then:
    I had enough time to fly the new Chaika for about twenty minutes.
    Then I had a BIG problem and computer fell down and screamed from the floor, "Help me, Human, HELP!"
    I did what I could for the poor little guy. He seems better now. BUT:
    The only freehost I can do now is here, in the forum, because the game sure as fuck don't launch.....

Oh, yeah, I know, I go back to that site with the word for word exact instructions about how to make it all work. No one's fault but mine, because the instructions are there, well written, clear. But that said, I can't at this time figure out what I did wrong THIS time... :confused:

One day, after more CPR on this thing, I will be back, rolling my fw190 like it was a battleship (all the planes roll like battleships).

18. niles

niles Well-Known Member

Another game with i153: How does it compare with the FH i153?:

I have "European Air War." I have all the latest and greatest patches, including the one allowing a player to fly one of 330 (yes, three hundred thirty) different plane models and subtypes...

In that patched EAW is a little i153.

I climbed into a 109g10. Arranged the game such that my only opponents were i153s.

Well:
    I couldn't outclimb them I couldn't out dive them, I couldn't outroll them, I couldn't rope a dope them (no time, tackatackatacka POOF), I couldn't run from them or run to them, No BnZ time, no TnB sense. Poof poof poof, went my little 109g10. Again and again.

Even when I climbed way high and way far away and set myself up (hard to do in that game, there are not huge billboards with names and distances, there is only one, whichever one you are clicked on and it dissappears once you don't pay attention, similar to other Microprose AC Sims), I would whiz by and over the nasty little buggers and I would se five of em do these impossible "fuck you" turns and lead into me and POOF, couple Russ high calibre shots and my flight is ended. Okay, it was offline and I am not careful offline, still it was neat to see the same classic "fuck you" turns I have been watching Zeros and Ki43s do for years.....
    Just getting close to the little i153 practically guarenteed a face full of shot.

Hmmmm, I said to myself, hmmmm.

Until I got my Warbirds FH working, I am gonna be doing a bit more flying in EAW, and being suprised by many more comparisons....

:rolleyes: