HELP PORT FORWARDING!!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic International' started by hezey, Jan 6, 2011.

1. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

I have SMC router. It is SMC 8014 WN
    I have never used a router before, I always was behind someone else's router, like a landlord etc.
    Now I have my own. And I have to forward two ports in order to run a Teamspeak Server. I have getten as far as setting up the client and getting the server to run and the client can see the server end in the home network. But, it isn't much good client 2 server in a fuckin home network.
    Now comes the Port Forwarding I need to do. It was a roadbock for me before I got sick becuase no landlord would let me touch his router.
    Now I have a router, but I have since had a couple brain strokes and instructions, unless simply put and step by step, fail me. I have trouble doing goto, and, if and or based instructions.

HELP ME SOMEONE GET MY FUCKING ROUTER 'PORT FORWARDED' or whatever the fuck

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  2. skycpt

skycpt Well-Known Member

Make sure the "server IP" is the IP of the PC running the teamspeak server. Since you have 192.168.0.1 that IP is usually a default for the router itself.
    Goto the PC running the TS server, Click Start, Click Run, Type CMD, Click OK, Type ipconfig, Press Enter key. Check the IP address for local area connection. Thats the IP number you want to put in place of 192.168.0.1.

3. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

IN IN IN IN IN!!!!!!!!!!!

This is what worked.
    Seems that my router was arguing and what I needed was a fixed Internet IP address at the router side and a Internal IP number for each of the other two PCs I have in the LAN here - which could be dynamic or fixed, they are laptops, so I chose dynamic so I could use them outside my home and not have any more argument [remains to be seen]. I did this:

I read instructions from: http://www.boutell.com/newfaq/creating/staticlocalip.html and I did something from http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/SMC/8014WG-SI/TeamSpeak.htm and I downloaded this app from: http://portforward.com/help/portcheck.htm. I then changed from dynamic to fixed IP using the app. It stated it worked. I then, from a laptop here, connected teamspeak client via an outside router [nieghbour's unsecured wireless] and connected using my desktop computers now 'fixed' Internet [not LAN] IP number that the app had assigned as my fixed IP address.
    I did not have to, for some reason, port forward. [?? nevermind, someone else can figure that out]....
    IP number for my teamspeak server is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9987. Password is, for now, 'xxxxxxxxxxxx' [no quotes] My account is called 'xxxxxx.'

:cheers:

4. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

portforward.com

-Z

5. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

I SPOKE TOO SOON. THAT WAS A FALSE POSITIVE.

I gotta go for a while. I am still working on this.
    Casper's advice needs some clarification. I hardly know how to work my questions, but he has ts and we can prolly get together and he can walk me through this morass....

6. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

I cannot test. This is arcana. Where do I go to test it? The robot talking in my ear is a cacophony, and I cannot take it when I go to someone's server to see if it works. And of course, am booted myself in a few seconds, so little or no opportunity to see if it is working or if anyone hears me..... I do not know how to disable the robot cacophony. I don't want to hear a robot yelling into my ear every time someone disconnects or connects, is booted, etc. That is just so annoying. I have some simple tasks I wish to accomplish and it is as if I am being speared and darted as I seek the rewards of the quest.
    Help me Casper, the dude!

7. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

See the graphic I posted above? The one where I am blundering around in the Router Setup [192.168.0.1] Well that thing returns not a NO, but lack of a NO. it says the ports are forwarded. Ihave a suspicion the Interent Provider has closed those ports and I cannot use them, or something like that. I talked to support and each time am assured that the company does NOT block ports 10011, 30033 and 9987
    K, if the ports aren't blocked and if I filled out the router port forwarding fields correctly, then why cannot I get connected using those ports? Am I being lied to by techies who read from a script and are MSWindows, night school trained, didlos?
    What the fuck gives here. Can't any of you fuckin genoiuses tell me what I filled in wrong in the Port Forawrding part of my router config? What the fuck haven't I done that I need to do in some other config part of this jungle of a PC and MSWindows [and too, I can't get it to do what I want in The Other OS I use either]

8. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

All done.
    Start Teamspeak3 Client.
    Look in the Web Server List.
    Look for Hezey
    Password = [PM me and ask for it]