Need an assistance for translating new fh site

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by -exec-, Nov 10, 2010.

1. DZIVDZAN

DZIVDZAN Well-Known Member

I can translate the English text to Serbian on the website if you'd like. 2nd opinion needed (for Serbian colum too).

WarBirds FreeHost - Besplatni online simulator letenja.
    WarBirds FreeHost - Free online Flight Simulator

Igra na temu Drugog svetskog rata. Možete leteti lovcima i bombarderima svih učesnika Drugog svetskog rata.

Working off the theme of World War II, you can fly fighters or bombers from each of the countries who produced aircraft and participated in World War II.

U poređenju sa drugim popularnim simulacijama letenja, WarBirds je stekao popularnost zato što su protivnički igrači u igrici korisnici širom sveta različitih nacionalnosti. Ovo je borba sa stvarnim ljudima, a ne samo simulacija.

Compared to other popular games, WarBirds has gained popularity due to the fact that opposing players in the game are other users online from all over the world, from different nations. Combat with REAL people, not just a simulator!

Našu besplatnu FreeHost verziju WarBirds-a možete preuzeti ovde(link for download), instaliraj i loguj se u arenu za sate vazdušnih duela i borbi!

You can download our FreeHost version of WarBirds here, install and log into an arena for hours of real world dogfighting, combat, and strategy!

2. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

this is open document, and you can add a column into the table.

3. DZIVDZAN

DZIVDZAN Well-Known Member

I did it, but need second opinion.

4. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

when i manage to translate main text mass, you'll fall into troubles.
    just it.
    as for multilanguage support, when it is turned on, no matter how many of them will be.

5. flygod

flygod Well-Known Member

A return to FH Guilded Age?

I didn’t see it anywhere but are you creating a new site for FH? I have been thinking of that myself when looking at the roster these days and how can we return the the Golden Age of FH like when I started here. Logging in and seeing 50 to 80 guys going at it. Sweet memories of those days, what fun we had, it would be a worthy effort to get back to those days.

Warbirds I consider to be a masterpiece, the alternatives still are a disappointment still to this day. I see hundreds of people playing IL2 and that sim sucks for lack of a better word. All we need is to spread the word to get back to the good ol days.

If you are planning on a new site and need any help with SEO or anything l am a web developer let me know what I can do.

flygav

6. Flk

Flk Well-Known Member

Exec, мы будем реанимировать наши наработки по новому сайту?

7. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Re: A return to FH Guilded Age?

Awesome man! I still think WBFH can make a comeback if people know about it. It just needs to be simplified and made more user friendly to install and use. Primary thing is windows 7 compatibility. Next thing is an arena where people are easy on the new guys and help them out. Getting these large masses of RPG and simple minded ground warfare shoot em up folks used to flying will be an interesting task.

8. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Good idea! Should have a graph of sorts on the website showing current attendance and maybe a type of blog on the main page where people can stop and leave a message. Also, show past attendances in relation to time zones. Would be nice to know when to show up for busy times! :D

9. Flk

Flk Well-Known Member

We need some text for every section of site. See http://flk.fatal.ru/wbfhsite (switch to english) and write simple content for it: "What is it?", "How to download and install", etc.

10. flygod

flygod Well-Known Member

Time well spent

Excellent, I just looked at the site.
    Once we have all the content needed we can all do a little bit for SEO to get people directed to the site and soon we'll have a good roster. The kind that got me addicted back then.
    Alw had some good points.
    1. We need an installer to easy the installation of course.
    And the other main issue the
    2. Difficulty level. Just about everyone I have recruited in the past gave up before they got hooked. The reason was "It too hard to fly and those guys are too good I just got killed a bunch."

Solving issue two will be the challenge to figure out. That discussion is a thread all itself. But I’m sure we can figure it out. In Real life air combat was far from easy so maybe we have an arena with “easy settings” to get a guy’s feet wet (and get them hooked). Before they enter the MA and face all the old cold blooded seasoned veterans.

I can’t wait to log in and see 50-80 guys online! Or 20 would be great!

flygav :cheers:

11. flygod

flygod Well-Known Member

Status on new site

How is the progress coming with the new site? I can help write some easy to follow How to's How to install etc. (a major issue for new members).

Lets get somthing hosted so we can start on SEO, which is a lot of work in it's self. Then we can spread the good word about the best combat sim ever made. If IL2 can get that many people on it we should have more. (that thing is a Pi*^&%% of sh*^%, lol)

Ah I dream of a good roster of new pilots ha ha ha (evil laugh)

Flygav:alc:

12. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

i hope we will release one-click installer, and instructions will be changed.
    how about other topics?

i can co-ordinate you with fas and you will divide articles to write.

13. flygod

flygod Well-Known Member

Windows installer package is priority (as we all know) to get new flyers.
    I am happy to write simple “How To” documents to get everyone started.
    I worked for years as a technical writer in aerospace, re-writing engineering documents for human consumption as we used to say. People want the simple or as I call it “The 1, 2, 3”
    Example: Step 1. Turn on the machine…
    (Never ask an engineer what time it is…….he’ll tell ya how to build a watch)
    I can’t wait to see a big roster again!!
    Flygav

14. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

name articles you would like to create, please

15. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

And post it here as well. I worked in an aerospace company (www.vivisun.com) as a quality inspector for over 5 years but, I didn't re-write documents. I know what you're talking about when it comes to engineers. It's amazing what those guys overlook. Was always fun to catch mistakes in their blueprints/drawings/schematics & pre-production products, and write up reject reports for the engineers. :D

16. flygod

flygod Well-Known Member

View attachment FH_InstallGuide1e.pdf
    Hi

Install guide/Help docs etc.

I have experance writing installation/user guides at a software company. They developed these complicated accounting applications that no one could figure out. I found it best to write simple steps (use white space). And then provide links or buttons to other pages if needed. See attached.

We can write PHP pages and/or PDF's. So the instruction page will be very simple to understand and all the other information is un-seen unless needed. (the installer package will be a blessing).

As soon as you get the installer package done, and get a landing page published. We can start on SEO, (which is a project it self. But if everyone does their part, we can "get'er done".)

I have cross hairs on that fat roster over there at IL2. It will be a turky shoot, because that sim sucks.

Cheers
    :cheers:

17. flygod

flygod Well-Known Member

Ya those engineers are stange group. They can make somthing as big as a building, fly through the air. But dont let them write the pre-flight check list,
    planes would be crashing all over

"Somehow I missed step#167 again, check fuel....brace for hard landing!"

I cant wait to get the new site/installer up. The last time I looked there were hundreds of young fresh cadets on those IL2 servers, just waiting to be marched off to their deaths.....at FH haha (evil laugh).
    Those servers only handle 10-20 people? boreing

I cant wait!\

flygav (flygda in MA, forgot password lol)

18. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

19. Flk

Flk Well-Known Member

20. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member