168 Wish list.....

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by -ALW-, Sep 18, 2010.

1. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

ah... how many f7f and f8f partaken in the battles of ww2? :@popcorn:

2. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Concerning what was suggested in the past.....

Ground to radio HOST reports of nearby enemy aircraft.

Would be interesting to implement HOST message of field under attack but, also have HOST messages disabled when the antenna/mast/shack are destroyed. Would make it more fair and realistic. Might be flooding issues with reports all over the map....any ideas?

3. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

AH has that little horizontal bar/thermometer icon next to each field on the map to show what field is under attack and by the length of the bar how many vehicles are attacking it.

That would be nice, but could clutter-up the map.

Something better than always having to ask where's the action would be nice as a lot of times no one answers.

Maybe just a notice of where the nearest enemy plane out of visual contact is would be acceptable?

4. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

That was done many many years ago in Air Warrior and mentioned it to exec. He said they would look into it but may not be possible.
    Like this...

[​IMG]

I don't think it would clutter things up though.

5. DZIVDZAN

DZIVDZAN Well-Known Member

TabaHost has it, maybe some one from TabaHost has will to help.

6. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

test/training arena has crc control removed.

you can fly any beta-version for testing.

but new bombers has some problems.

7. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

What is "crc control" ?

8. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

Cyclic redundancy check.
    A big number that is compared to a binaries' checksum to ensure it is authentic or something like that, uh.

9. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

I see, I think. :dunno:

10. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

just go to ta with the misc pre-release

11. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Ahh....nice. Ok then!

12. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Pretty quiet in the devs department.... how far down the road are we expecting something to replace this beta version?

13. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

Just a couple suggestions. 1, Since the numbers are dismal in the arena, perhaps the 10 or above limit should be reduced so ju-52 and Li drivers can do raids again and use the commando feature. Just a thought but again since not many pilots these days it can help.

2, Reduce the blind spot of radar or make it so radar can see a con. Since I have returned I rarely ever see a con on radar anymore, and I don't want to waste my time looking or hoping my enemy shows up in my sector. Again it is a numbers problem. Back in the day when we had 30,50 or more players on it wasn't a problem, but these days I just say forget it and quit and log back in later hoping the numbers improve, which they havn't. Anyhow just a thought really. <S>

bullet

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  14. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

waiting for your feedback on prerelease published

15. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

???? :)

16. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Ahh, ok. So that's what this is about. :D
    Well, I tried the new Beaufighter last night and found it to be quite improved over the current variant. Flies more like a fighter, as designed and not worse than bombers. :) I didn't see the P-38G and the other P-38's aren't changed. This by indication if they were unavailable to normal users. Some of the other aircraft I don't have a lot of experience in so I can't say one way or another. I'll have to try the Ki61 and other 190s to see how flyable they are. Some of the more avid users of Axis and Allied aircraft could provide more input. :dunno: bullet, boa, wurge, berkto, turbo, higgns, visloa ?

17. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

1. That is something I've thought of, just a bit different. This afternoon made me remember that when it was 7 Reds vs 3 Golds. I think there should be more even odds than a total of 10 for commandos. A commando adds another user in my view. When it's 7 vs 3, or 14 vs 5 that still isn't fair. Should be more of a percentage. More of a 45%/55%. Not sure how the developers would program this. Could be resolved with a 45%/55% percentage of odds or just several preset odds? 4 vs 5, ok. 6 vs 9, ok ...etc. Should have some other players input to help come to a good decision.

2. In-tower radar coverage with no range, or larger range is what you mean, right? I've noticed radar is too random sometimes. In-tower radar dots won't show up sometimes and sometimes dots will remain on the map far too long and disappear. This has caused folks like hezzey to think players are cheating by hovering somewhere and re-appearing somewhere farther away. :dunno: This is related I think to what appears to be multiple logins of same ID in the launcher. Anyway, limited in-flight radar is something I was used to in Air Warrior years ago and it did help cut down time on locating each other, friend or foe. I hope there is some way the FH developers will be able to implement that function. When the devs reduced icon identification range it REALLY threw a wrench in the gears because people would chase down dots or attempt to merge with a dot which would turn out to be a friend. This is still the case now.

3. I would like to see plane icons have a 5th option when toggling in F2, and maybe remove some toggles that don't serve a useful purpose (like Range Only, Turned off). Would be great if player ID (Arena Default) AND aircraft type (Plane Type) are included simultaneously as an option. So, there would be a 5th option, "Plane/Player ID". The reason I ask for this is because it helps when in combat to identify your friend to see if he will be in trouble. Example.....When coming upon a fight, I'll check to see what my friend is flying to see if he'll be fine or needs help. If he's in a Spit, and opponent is a 190, spit is ok. If I see a Zeke tangling with his Spit, I'll jump in to help. If I look down or up to see if a friend is in a buff or fighter against another fighter, seeing the ID and plane type will help there as well. Lastly, when in the Test Arena ( or Training Arena), flying all Reds you can only see plane or player ID. When I'm in there, I pretty much always switch to plane ID, except when it's a particular user as it depends primarily on who is flying more than what's being flown, which also is true in the Main Arena.
    [​IMG]

18. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

YES!!!!

I agree and would like to throw my 2 cents worth:

I think the radar system should be expanded from say 500 feet to 30,000 feet. The reason being in addition to what Mr. B. said, the real life aspect is that fighters and to some extent bufs were always vectored into the shit at least in Western and Pacific theaters.
    Then for game play also when there are not enough (subjective) players everyone is spending more time looking for opponents rather than "fun" of combat.

So please, can we have something to help locate players easier/faster?

19. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

Why this flogging of a dead horse?
    Save your brains for the next project, and there really, should, be, a, next, project.
    The Other, newer AC Flight sIM. You know which one I mean, there are some very smart guys in Brazil. With their help, this old sim could be a champ.
    IF IT WERE THE BASED ON THE OTHER, NEWER SIM

I know, devs here have not found as many ways to change things on the client side as they have in the OLD sim. But, given the tallent in Brazil and the talent in Russian Family, we might have a sim worht following for ten years. I have give up for the time being, but I know this will come to pass.
    Either that or I start paying to play.
    Not a threat. Biles ain't leaving the air combat flight sim scene he been in it since AW
    There is always something to play. For now, I am stuck in a civil sim, but that can change... Learn lots about atc and patterns and go-arounds. Ha. And IFR.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  20. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

Sixth ID option of friendly unit icon only please!

EDIT: So to speak :D