Planes that I hope to fly someday in FH...

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by joseh-, Sep 24, 2009.

1. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

Yup, no comprehension of what I wrote up there, just the usual deflecting.

Let me put it nice and simple, so you'll have less options to pretend you didn't understand...

A proper landing starts with the proper touch down point and proper speed. These would be right at the beginning of the runway and at stall speed, respectively. This has absolutely no connection to whether you're landing with gear down, up, or just one wheel.
    Landing without gear, you'll stop almost instantly if you made a _proper_ landing approach (Zekes can still powerslide a long way though :) )
    Landing with gear, you'll stop after a short roll if you use the brakes, and in case of some planes, you can even stop before the end of the runway without using brakes. Pulling on the stick, using ailerons and rudder helps also.
    Now your favourite part: landing with just one gear. You can still use the brakes on your remaining wheel, and given the friction of the wingtip on the other side, this is not a worst case scenario. Given a _proper_ landing approach, you will stop well before the end of the runway, most probably a bit to the side of the runway anyway.

My conclusion is simple, yet it still eludes you: you did not make a _proper_ landing approach. You went in either too fast, or touched down too far down the runway, or both.
    Also you might have forgotten to use the brakes on the remaining wheel, you didn't pull on the joystick or use rudder and ailerons to slow down.

Whatever the reason, you screwed up. You, the master of gear down landing, did something wrong, or did not do something that is essential to a _proper_ landing. Was it because you were in a hurry, or being chased by an enemy plane, or your cat got on your keyboard is irrelevant.

No, I am not angry :) I am very happy to be able to make fun of you and your gear down landings, which you like to brag about so much, yet still can't do _properly_. :)

I don't think this here issue needs me installing the latest FHL and kicking your arse in a DF. The point which I'm trying to make has nothing to do with fighter duels, so let's not digress, or you'll accuse me of not making a point :)

Funny though, that instead of asking me to come to the arena to show you how I land with just one wheel and come to a stop before the end of the runway, you chose to call me out on a duel and challenge my combat flying skills, which are completely irrelevant to the issue.

edit: whoa, next time I'll probably have to write a book :)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  2. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

This is thread is about planes one hopes to FLY some day, no talk of landing, please.:rolleyes:

Besides, the old saying goes:
    "A good landing is any landing that you can walk-away from"

Also this phenomena of any landing that you hang a wheel or part of the plane off the runway(making contact with the ground) considered a ditch is and has been the normal situation on WB and FH as far as I can remember. It is the same on Aces High too.

I have landed too fast either because I just screwed the pooch or sometimes the damn brake button failed.
    To stay on the runway I folded-up the gear and slide, using the rudder to stay on the runway and when I stopped fully on the runway, it counted as a normal landing and was not declared a ditch.
    So I conclude that if a wheel and/or any part of the fuselage touches the ground (not runway) the game considers it a ditching and not a landing.

In any case take the landing/ditching talk some where else please.

3. gandhi

gandhi Well-Known Member

Of course, you've got to get your opinion in before you pretend to take the high road.

Thought about this when the "ditching" thread came out: we need a "bitching" thread for looseleaf and cabron to do their civic duty as angry forum posters ready with all the answers.

4. looseleaf

too bad there is no "crybaby zeke players" thread for the children here......

5. demian

demian Well-Known Member

I will start to land only up side dwn:UU:

6. Cabron

Cabron Well-Known Member

True.....my mentioning ditching has taken this thread off track.

I will make my point in the ditching thread and then maybe that will divert Al from crapping on this thread any further.

7. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

once you have double standards for yourself, it gets weird :)

8. looseleaf

"Hypocrisy is a tribute vice pays to virtue"

:D

9. Cabron

Cabron Well-Known Member

Another empty accusation.

Strange how I am the only one who provides proof yet others have no problems making baseless accusations.

10. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

11. joseh-

joseh- Well-Known Member

Let's try without trophy planes!
    I think Tabahost has a lot of cool features too, so we deactive trophy planes and add the others.
    What do you think?

12. boa

boa Well-Known Member

(spamming)

first one:

[​IMG]

second

[​IMG]

third

[​IMG]

fourth

[​IMG]

fifth

[​IMG]

Would be so so cool to have finnish air force as an addition to axis side:D

13. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

and i must remove faf hurricane? :)

14. boa

boa Well-Known Member

Yes! Fu Brits and their planes:p

15. looseleaf

16. boa

boa Well-Known Member

That one is in V1 domain:shuffle:

In next fh version we have these new planes:

su-2
    [​IMG]

tu-2
    [​IMG]

do-17
    [​IMG]

ki-67
    [​IMG]

:)

17. looseleaf

Not really.

V-1 is a pilot-less ram jet.

This is a a triple engined rocket glider bomb.

It is dropped from a larger plane near the target zone and glides down to position.

Once in range the pilot activated one, two or all three rockets for the final run to target.

Closing speed is so fast almost no plane can intercept nor any surface counter attack can be effective.

Of course it's a one time "all or nothing" attempt, no second chance to come around and hit target.

A great "go for all the glory" weapon.

Satisfies all those secret FHWB gamer cravings;

Fly in a buf,
    Take off in a glider,
    Fire 1, 2 or all THREE ROCKETS !
    Out-run all your opponents.
    Sink that ship with one hit.
    Re-incarnate and try it again.

Seems almost everyone tries it with other planes, so why not with a really big bomb that you can guide?

Takes the worry out of being close......

:@prayer:

18. boa

boa Well-Known Member

pfff, made mistake, its not do17 but 217E:)

[​IMG]

19. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

since we have heavy troubles with graphics, we use old models

tu-2s is pictured by b-25j
    ki-67-i is pictured by g4m
    do 217 e is pictured by ju 88 a

20. DZIVDZAN

DZIVDZAN Well-Known Member

Great, could we have command for bombers formations. It is great when you can take off 3 bombers in same time and 3-4 players you have real bomber raid. Send colum to raid field, it is nice to watch Katyusha shooting, saw great ideas from Aces High
    Imo for this game we need
    1. Decide which plane we need which we don't (minimal WB, after minimal version we can talk about new planes and ther is a lot of ideas)
    2. RL data for planes as accurate as could be to history data
    3. easy play not like IL2 lot of taster to press (imo WB has it)
    4. ppl need to talk not to argue (we can't solve any problem with argue)
    5. Imo ppl who develope FH and TH should work together if possible and make one great game with a lot of players.
    6. Implement some ideas from other flight sims (like Aces High) if possible
    7. Do we need better graphic environment for game, and how many years this game will last with present graphic.
    Remember we need new players in era of high performance GPU computers.
    Idea how this game should be function is essential for it's future. Idea is here but we need to improve it as much as we can.
    Rest like new planes new graphic environment or not is easy. We have WB 2.77 or WB3 (don't know about legal issues) but there is option.