Planes that I hope to fly someday in FH...

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by joseh-, Sep 24, 2009.

1. looseleaf

looseleaf Well-Known Member

Good points.

However the the major problem is not the planes or these features.

The main problem is: There are fewer and fewer people who will bother with the installation of this game using Windows Vista or Windows 7 in 32 or 64 bit modes.

What is needed is a self expanding, auto install. No patches, No going back and forth with various "change to compatibility mode X". Follow the instructions on this new link. and "well, it works in MOST Windows Vista/7 cases, we don't know why it doesn't work in your case..."

Unless there is a simply, fool proof one button push install of a stable game platform for all operating systems, this game is doomed.

There are people who just do not have the bandwidth to set-up another computer to an old operating system just for this one game.

Sure it is simple. Many people are capable and have access to all the parts and cheap old computers. However it's just the time and energy involved that the vast majority of people just will not invest to play this game.

Who knows, maybe FH should build an Xbox version ????

2. DZIVDZAN

DZIVDZAN Well-Known Member

I forget that it could be
    1a. easy instal or No instal (unpack and play)

3. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

Yep, the two people who I have convinced to install and play, since I recovered from my near death, played until they each, at different times, had glitch and then were faced with re-installing [windows users, haha]. BOTH those guys gave up and do not play.
    I do not either. I run windows 7 if I have to run windows [for x-plane] and I don't want to ever go through the bullshit of installing this game ever again.

4. looseleaf

Yessir, I'm one of those unfortunates who just do not have enough software savy to make it work or just have too much to deal with in the "real world" that cannot spare the time to learn nor have the time and space to set-up another computer just to play this one game!

Hell, I have access to FREE hardware, computer and a 22" Sony hi-res monitor but no time and no space for it.

I was thinking to buy form "the other guys" their official Warbirds CD for windows 7/Vista for $20.00US and see of the FH overlay would work with that.... but I don't know if it would work and if there are legal problems with that....

Oh and if I could fly a "new" plane here I would be a happy camper if I could retro fit the snoopy plane with the 20 mm cannon option.

I believe they had a 2 20mm cannon equipped plane and then it became a field option with about 200 official versions made....

still more cannon snoopies were used in the real Life that 109 CV versions (none ever were used in carrier take offs or landing)

yeah yeah, it's Monday morning before coffee and I'm bitching...

:D

5. boa

boa Well-Known Member

Yeah, yeah , another capitalistic 'Merikan flying russian wonders:D
    Be a man! Fly f4f !:p

6. looseleaf

Ha ha ha....

Tell that to the REAL MEN who flew the I-153 :

http://wio.ru/aces/ace2.htm

7. -al---

-al--- Well-Known Member

46p+1g (and 1 or 2 P38 Lightings in 1944) Koldunov Alexandr Ivanovich "Koldun" 412 96 866IAP Yak-1 , Yak-9 , Yak-3

:D

8. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

In Soviet Russia, the time to kill is motherfucking now! :dura:

9. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

Would be cool if some simulator could create aircraft that were designed but were rejected by the leaders. Like the P-38K. That would be cool...flying that beast. :D