offtopic from "read before posting" topic

Discussion in 'Off Topic International' started by illo, Jun 11, 2002.

1. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

Re: offtopic from "read before posting" topic

I didn't give up. I just need to take a break from the bullshit I keep getting after making what is a valid argument, having the developers set a different standard to meet, meeting that standard of proof while obliterating any counter-argument, then having to be told that they have a new standard to meet. I'm sick of getting the run around and having what appears to be very little effort (from the forum posts anyway) to even bother with a standard of proof I set for them. All I ask for is an explanation of why some changes occur. I also ask for the reasoning behind that explanation. Then when I ask them for the same quality of research they demand from me, they become irate. I rarely get an explanation for their actions, nobody seems to know what the fuck their reasoning is, and if they can't be bothered to meet the same standard of proof they set for me, then what the fuck is that all about? Just your way of saying fuck off?

2. Myg

Myg FH Beta Tester

Despite whatever you guys think or see, you have to open your eyes for a second:

1) exec tries to get devs to work on stuff to make players happy.
    2) devs make changes they feel are right.
    3) exec presents changes or changes occur, people don't like it.
    4) exec has a dire shortage of devs, so he can't just say "im sorry, your changes were crap" to them, cause they would leave and then he has noone to perform 1) with.
    5) exec has a dire shortage of active players as well, alot of whom who feel since they have been here long enough deserve some sort of control or influence. Exec tries but finds that control freaks are control freaks and all the things he does gets hounded by them because they are trying to influence him through whatever ground they can get (insults/etc).
    6) exec gets pissed and every part of his expressions becomes a way of rejecting the players who try to control him/things, which effects those players who arn't like that (friendly fire).

Now, repeat this in a cycle for how many years? Account for all the building up of problems on eacothers "font end" and you will find that this is a downhill situation that is in a cyclical feed-itself loop.

The solution is something noone here would like to hear, but it will break the cycle atleast but I don't think saying it so plainly would be a good thing? :dunno:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  3. Myg

Myg FH Beta Tester

PS : ALW, I replied to my thread with an update, I don't need to rename the thing since its just a minor fix and its still 1.69. Since all I did was replace the installer file all you need to do is download it again bro! (Make sure your cache is cleared or your caching proxy is using the latest hash [if you are using one])

Cheers

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  4. mumble

mumble Well-Known Member

How much of a security issue do you guys have with asking for more developers from the community? :confused:

P.S. Ignoring the rgreat phobias.

5. Red Ant

Red Ant Well-Known Member

That's true. I hate to come off as a brown-noser, but all things considered, exec has been doing a rather admirable job. If I were in his stead and had to deal with all the animosity funneled at him over the years I think I'd have committed a bloody chain-saw massacre years ago.

@alw, yeah I reckon I'm kinda losing interest in the game, but I suppose after 10 years that's alright. I'll still pop in to fly the odd sortie every now and then, though. :)

6. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

I don't know. I'd like to know why they don't ask for more help if it's such a huge job. There are numbers of people here that could help. I've tried to do what I can to help with some things.
    I just look at this picture here and see two things that are different. Two things have changed, and one thing that cannot seem to be changed.

Clue: look at version number.

[​IMG]

What kept those people here?

I know that was nearly 6 years ago but, there are still more people who haven't flown here yet.

It's as simple as asking questions of the players.
    What keeps you here? I'll start a poll.