WB and Win2000

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by tazman, Jun 23, 2002.

1. tazman

tazman Member

Is anybody playing WB in Win2000? When I try to start the game it starts, changes resolution, monitor stays black for a split second, and then returns to Windows. Also with new FH I can't use Alt-TAb anymore, it screws up my pallete and when I return to the game I only see cockpit nothing outside and colours are weird.

2. RayV

RayV Well-Known Member

Hi what graphic card do you use?
    Did an update of you video drivers? (use older driver then)

Is it looking like this?:
    [​IMG]

This is the problem with my Asus Geforce2 MX400. Driver v12.90
    :(

3. KenQuru

KenQuru Member

I have the same alt+tab problem with Asus Geforce3 Ti200 and Detonator 2.3.1.1 driver but otherwise the game is running just fine under Win2000.

WB really doesn't like alt+tab. I used to have TNT2 and then alt+tab didn't mess up graphics, but my keyboard got locked up. I don't think that problem had anything to do with display adapter... :)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2002
  4. tazman

tazman Member

I have GeForce2 MX with 4.13 drivers. With previous version of FH I could Alt-Tab only while in flight, but now I can't do it even in flight without messing up colours.
    In Win2000 I have latest nVidia drivers and latest DirectX but game still returns to Win right after starting. Any ideas?

5. Prometeo

Prometeo Well-Known Member

I have exactly the same configuation of you.
    I experience the same problem about alt+tab or Win key, but it's allright besides that.

Best regards

Prometeo
    JG13 Loki's Kinder - Hela Jasta

6. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Same thing happens to me. I have windows 98 and GeForce 2 64 mb. This is what happens when i use alt+tab.
    Btw, my brother has the same configuration as me, but it doesn't happen to him

7. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

I tried, but can't introduce the pic. Enough to say, the same problem happens to me. Sry

8. picommander

picommander Member

@ tazman:
    FHL seems to change bpp to 16 so maybe win2000 don't like that.
    Try to change color depth to 16bpp before FHL tries to do it.

@all others:
    The [ALT/TAB] - LSD problem was anouying me for a long time - until track viewer apeared and I had to solve the frezze- Windows (98) - problem after track ending.
    The solution was an older original driver from card manufacturer.
    Everything is ok now, track viewer is running fine and ALT/TAB is working too. Looks like Warbirds don't like the newest Nvidia drivers... if in daubt, try to find some older drivers original for your cards, not made by Nvidia. Here is a large driver- archiv, but in german only: http://www.treiber-archiv.de/

9. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

I guess it won't solve my problem, because i can watch videos but cannot use ALT-TAB.