Red and Gold field captures

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by Broz, Jun 25, 2002.

1. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

I'm quite new in WB, and so, i don't know if my question has been answered before, so, here it goes:

Why when a Ju52 captures a field, the gold pilot who did it gets points (if i don't remember bad, 3750 points with multx20), but if you capture a field with a Li-2, you don't get any points? :confused:
    I hope there's a logical explanation, or if it's a bug, it gets fixed ASAP. Thx

2. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

1. this problem was already pointed out, but still not asked :)
    2. ju52 earns 3.300 pts ;)
    3. its a tiny detail not noticed when implementing the li2, IMHO. so its a bug.

:)

3. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Thx nicaee :)
    I hope it gets fixed soon

4. spaceb

spaceb Well-Known Member

Solution: Fly for gold

Problem Fixed

5. Honker

Honker Member

Points? What are points?

]-[onker

6. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

@ spaceb

Death before that :nono: :D

@honker

Not that thing they give you in the hospital when you cut a finger :dark: :D

7. yellow

yellow Well-Known Member

@Spaceb

lol, Good idea to solve the bug. But who can fight with you? If All ppl is in the Gold.

@Honker

Points: We can get points for bomber score by capturing-field.
    Example
    -HOST-(Host): Field F2 is captured by yellow from {JG13} *****
    -HOST-(Private): Last mission score: 3300.000 - Bomber mission.

cu

8. achtun

achtun Well-Known Member

hahahaha reminds on me :)

then i joined the Dark Side, and man.. it's more powerfull.... more fun, more everything :D
    u're new so it's logicall u fly red, cause of ideology :znaika: i guess... But golds rools, much more than those weack :shuffle: poor reds :D

nahhhhh it's just to give emotion :D I have lot's of friends in red side, lots of respect :cheers:

9. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

well then broz, have you ever compared Li2 and Ju52 performance? you'll see that the Ju driver deserves the 3300pts, and the Li2 driver doesn't for the Li2 is an uber troop carrier...

greetz, Zembla

10. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

@zembla
    WHAT????!!!! Don't make me laugh man. :nono:
    Ju52 Gunnery: 2x7.9mm + 1x13mm. 3 engines and wep
    Li-2 Gunnery: 1x7.62mm. 2 engines and no wep

If you really consider Li-2 an ubber plane, then you must think that I-16 Type 29 is an ubber plane in comparison with a 190 A8-R8, don't you?. Btw, if it doesn't deserve the points, why a 190A8-R8 or a Me-262 deserve points for killing a bomber? With 2x20 and 2x30, or 4x30, no deserve of points for killing a Pe-2

@achtun
    That's exactly the reason why i don't like golds. As we say here: "Cuesta abajo hasta la mierda corre" (English: "Going downhill, even shit goes fast"). No offense :D

11. -nicae-

li2's 7mm ball turret covers same area as all ju52's guns (maybe 12 o'clock as well?), and has faster rate of fire at six (7mm vs 13mm), for easier PK.

li2's 2 engines without WEP flies faster than ju52's 3 engines with WEP on ;)

li2 carries enough troops for 2 captures, with 4 spare troopers. ju52 has enough for one capture, and 3 spare troops.

and now li2 has commando as well as ju52.

:)

12. mekh--

mekh-- Well-Known Member

Li-2's ball turret covers the entire hemisphere above its wingline. Ju-52 has more guns, this is true, but they're all forced to a narrow cone behind the plane.

The Li-2 is not only faster, but it climbs, turns and accelerates much better. I've gotten one up to 5km before and circled high above a field above the enemy fighters, until it closed, then dove down and dropped ;)

Li-2 really is much better. They shouldn't have given it commandos.

13. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Why shouldn't they have commandos? Didn't allies use them? :confused: Anyway, quit commandos, i don't mind (we reds are good enough as to not need'em :D ), but why no points? That's what i complain about.

14. achtun

achtun Well-Known Member

pobre broz!:)

En fin, El lado oscuro siempre tendrá abiertas las opeurtas para ti, joven Jedi

"Poor broz! anyway, the dark side will be always open to him, joung Jedi"

Achtung! :)

15. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Eres mi padre??? Jo, que güena esta mi hermana!! :D

Are you my father??? God, how cute is my sister!! :D

16. Zembla JG13

Zembla JG13 FH Beta Tester

broz before you start acting like I said something stupid inform yourself decently on the subject, I've seen Li2's as hi as 3000m dropping al 14 troops... there's no way a gold can stop that for he doesn't see them falling until it's too late...

Li2 flies 4/3rd speed of the Ju52... has more troops, is way faster, climbs higher, the gun radius is better, I'm just repeating the things the other say, but it's true... so go figure...

and why a 190 or a 262 deserves points for killing a BUFF? go fly offline bomber interception, vs one single bomber, otto still is badly calibrated and unrealistic as ****

greetz, Zembla

17. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

I wasn't acting that way

I've played as much as red as gold, so i'm well informed

Except for the fact of having 5 less troopers, why can't a Ju52 do the same?

Sry, i don't understand the meaning of this. Pls explain.

What i meant was:If the reason to limitate point's earning of Li-2 is that it's considered an über-plane in transport of troops (and as you say, it's very easy to cap fields with it), for a 262 is easy to kill buffs,so it shouldn't get points by killing them. For a B-24 is very easy to kill land objectives, so it shouldn't get points neither. Is that the logical conclusion you get? I don't

18. Malino

Malino Well-Known Member

Have you ever tried climbing in a Ju52? it would take you 20 minutes to climb 3000m, then if you tried diving the wings would fall off (The plane vibrates like crazy above 325 kph IAS).

Malino :joystick:

19. -nicae-

peace :)

li2 is über, and nothing else matters! :dura: (coincidence? metallica playing :))

20. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

I don't want any flame, and i can even accept that Li-2 is über, but it's that a reason to not give him points? That's the only thing i'm asking and defending. Ok?

P.S: Metallica Rules :super: :@prayer: :D