I have a virus

Discussion in 'Off Topic International' started by Mcloud, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

Yep, I was dumb enough to click on a link that someone sent me in an email. It was just some stupid advertisement thing, but it was actually some kind of virus.

So now my computer is automatically sending emails that contain the same link that someone sent me to 6-8 people in my contacts list.

my computer has been acting weird ever since I clicked on the link in the email someone sent me. It's running slower and even google searches take forever or wont work..

how do I get back to normal? anyone know of a GOOD virus remover? I hate this shit, need help.

I was looking on the net and apparently my password on yahoo must have been hacked because it was too easy, and now there is some bullshit called spoofing going on. Whatever, my PC seems infected. I changed my password, made it harder, but PC is still running weird.

help

2. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

screw out your hdd and screw it into a healthy puter.
    run antivir there.

why? because you can have your puter pwnd by vir that could block your antivir efforts.

your hdd will be just a storage at other puter with vir inactive

3. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

Or boot a live Linux that has a on-disk av software.
    AFter you get it all fixed [as if] you have to bang your head and repeat, after each bang:
    I will create a USER account that is NOT admin.
    [BANG]
    [BANG]
    [BANG]
    [BANG]
    [BANG]
    Oh and bang your head after this too:
    I will never log in as root, I will let my mom have a hashed root [admin] password, I will NOT write it down. I will only let mom have the password. Mom and not me, will know the root password. Because I am not fully developed as a human yet. Mom knows.
    [BANG]

4. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

Exec, Are you drunk? what language is that? kazakh? ;-)

there must be a way to remove this virus, millions probably have it.

serious answers only please :znaika: :confused:

5. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

Exec is right.
    He means you should not use your windows to fix your windows, it is like doing wide awake surgery, the patient will resist....

6. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  7. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

oh man...okay folks..

it seems to me that I can install some antivirus software and run it safely, right? or should I just borrow a fuckin windows 8 cd?

I got the idea that i should just save my resume and my gorilla cock pics on a cd and then format my hard drive (google it boys it works) and then install this windows 8 thing. no more virus. bout time for a housecleaning anyways.

8. -exec-

-exec- FH Consultant

you can brain-surgery yourself or ask someone to make brain-surgery for you.
    you decide.
    and yes, you as an option can lobotomy yourself for decease cure.

9. Flk

Flk Well-Known Member

Try to boot from antivirus live cd. It can help, but not 100%.

10. Jacobe888

Jacobe888 Member

McLoud. It's not a virus. You are a virus. You have just stepped to next level in phenomena called Life. In it's dimensions.

11. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

Thanks FLK!! I knew there was at least one normal person left in the world!!!! (not including me ;) )

It turns out this virus hacked my yahoo mail password and was "spoofing" everybody on my contact list and sending them emails with this link. when they get an email from me, they say "oh! an email from Mike"!
    They dont realize that I didn't send them an email, its this spoofing bs. they click the link in the email and now they have the virus.

I just changed my yahoo password and it seems as though the problem is now solved.

However,
    Now I am just wondering why it is whenever I get an email from this one girl, the font size in the message decreases in size like this:

start of email message------------------------------------------
    Hi Mike,

I just wanted to say thanks for the gorilla cock pics. I know you don't just hand out stuff like that to anybody.

Anyways, it looks like your meds are working and you won't need a frontal lobotomy after all. Just a bottle in front of me is all we will ever need, HA!

Hey, you ever thought about what woulod happen if you got a couple of gorillas drunk on a 26er of CC and then let them run loose on a goat ranch?

okay ciao for now,
    Lisa

End of email message-----------------------------------------

why does this happen? how do I stop it it? is it some setting in my computer or on hers?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  12. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

See my replay above, where I state you should boot a live fuckin GNU+Linux CD and scan for virises.
    See it there, above?

Oh, be careful in yahoo, there is a way for you to make a mistake filling in account information that results in anyone hitting reply to emqails from you, in fact send their reply to THE WRONG RECIPIENT. The one you mis-typed on initial filling out of the form....
    No, I don't think that is what happenned to you, but my mom is still using her account she filled in The Wrong Reply To field five years ago and anyone she emails, inlcuding me, when clicking Reply, will send a email to someone with almost the same email address as hers, but it isn't, it is the MISTAKE REPLY TO repecipient.
    Yahoo hasn't fixed that. And likely won't. And my mom thinks every emnail she sends out that she never hears back from is, UH, WELL, SHE DOESN'T THINK.
    So I refuse to reply to her emails, as I have sent to many replies off where I bleed my heart out to her and the fucking thing gets sent to grammna@yahoo.ca instead of gramma@yahoo.ca
    FUCK YAHOO MAIL.
    [she won't change the settings, she wiill not even look.
    I fear the day I am so incompetent with tech that I fuck up ....
    Like my mom.
    Like Mike.

PS: Move your monitor closer.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  13. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

Hez the gramna story I believe, but this spoofing this is too. I got an emaile from this girl I know and it is her exact identical email address, but she didn't send it.
    All the email message contains is a link, no actual message, just a link. You click on the link, you get the spoofing bs virus.
    for real

14. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

Oh, yes real it is.
    I wasn't nay-saying you.
    Conside never keeping things you cannot live without on your own host. Find online storage or a usb hard drive. Back up your gorrila cock picures.
    Then, if you get shafter like you are now, reformat your windows, zero the fucker first.
    DD command, look it up.
    Every GNU+Linux user knows this already...

DON'T DO THIS. I just typed it for fun:
    dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hdX bs=1M
    X = your drive. But NfM
    just control +c after about ten seconds, else it will carry on and write to the whole disk, no need to.
    But, you won't boot linux live and do this, becuase you are a windows addict and feel more at home among Yo Ganstas.
    And be sure the fuckin AV Bootable the guy above says, is just a fuckin Linux with a fuckin AV gui after your boot.
    So might as well grab the gorilla by tha balls and make sure the fucker doesn't turn about.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  15. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

Mac, try Linux Mint 14, give up your windows addiction. It is not crippling, not like kicking psych drugs, even though MS has you psyched out already, have sense you connected, right?
    Linux Mint 14.
    I think you will never get safe on the net though. No-one is.
    But you could be safer.
    And run a better OS on your PC.
    And don't install Java, FFS!

16. -ALW-

-ALW- Well-Known Member

17. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

Delete your desktop icons. dissapear the thing, whatever it is called now, at the bottom.
    Downlaod the below bit-map.
    Use it as a desktop wallaper.
    And you can play pretend....
    [​IMG]

18. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

That's a good one, Hez, heh!

19. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

Hez before I install linux peppermint or whatever it is, I will have to format my hard drive. thats scary for me. I need a disk to boot from, that is gonna work for sure. can you use ms word with mint? I have many stupid questions that are not so stupid. ie. If Mint is so great why don't moer people use it?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  20. Uncles

Uncles Well-Known Member

You can do almost anything from almost any modern OS. To be honest, things are most easily accomplished for the average user with either Windows or Mac, but this opinion is not always popular ;)

Honestly? If you have these questions (and if you are not joking), you should use Windows. If you have a bit of extra cash, use Mac.

If you wanna play with the newer Debian-flavored (e.g., Ubuntu), easiest-to-use *nix, why not use WUBI and try it?

Or how about VirtualBox? Install it on your doz' box, then install some Linux variant on it. That's what a lot of the cool kids do these days.