about: blank virus and other stuff

Discussion in 'Off Topic International' started by Mcloud, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

I keep getting these pop up imitation browser type things, it is a blank page and it says about:blank in the area where it supposed to say www.whatever. Been getting them for a year or so, just found out it is a virus. I surf the net and these windows keep popping up and I have to clse them everytime and sometimes I get unwanted poker ads and other crap, 40 something broads who are trying to chat with me.

how do I get rid of this and any other viruses? I tried the Microsoft free safety scanner, didn't get rid of it.

2. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

You probably have a recovery partition. ... Use the software MS gives you that allows you to recover.....
    Snatch the data you value and store to usb first.
    If you have windows 7 or 8 it is not hard to 'recover' using the method I recommend. Use the complete nasty narly one, not the hardy worth it one.
    Better even is to ensure you have bought a MSWindows install disk, about 180 bucks or something. Reformat and install you MS Windows. Which I think is kinda like paying to get manraped.
    Spend 15 minutes installing Ubuntu......
    As far as using 'free scanner safety wizbango deal deal deal super-cleanser......':
    :shuffle:

Not sure how it happened to you Mac?:

http://youtu.be/avoiZH1nfic

[Don't fear the link; it is benign]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  3. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

I though yer name was bradley brown. now it is tomas colquhoun.
    i watched the youtube thing for 3 secs. know why? cuz it ain't gona get ridof this fn virus.

I am more intersted in a virus remover thing. I absoltuely dont want to usb anything. i have a little memory card that holds 2 mega bites of stuff so i can carry a resume or pics of my handsome face. i dont deal with recovery disks and usb stuff when i have a virus. i want a virus removal thing that checks my pc and says, hang on a sec budd, I'll clean that piece of shit right off of your machine. Thats what I like. No usb. no ubuntu, no youtube. no recovery disk stuff please.

PS gorilla199 is beating alex jones' disinfo wars and david icke as well.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTIx01g0x6g

4. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

As far as your description of what problems you have and what you did to fix them and what you want done, well, it looks like you have done them.
    Keep it up.
    :fly2:

5. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

So, anyone here know how to get rid of this damn thing?

6. reuben

reuben Well-Known Member

Get a decent antivirus prog. -Panda cloud, AVG are decent ones with free options if you don't want to pay yearly fee.
    Use built in stuff in win. antispyware something and Win defender or whatever in your version. Better than naught but probably quite targeted by malware programmers.
    Get Ccleaner and get rid of crap you don't use. clean registry, uninstall stuff...
    Get spybot S&D ...
    Get Malwarebytes ...

Lots of anti-stuff is available. By the description I can't tell what evil stuff you have as there are many different ones with similar appearance.

A risk is that the bad boy you got is clever enough to disable antivir or block you from even installing, then you can start in safe mode and try.

If all goes haywire it would be a way to save anything you need saving as Rude says and wipe the drive and reinstall and then get some protects right away.

7. Mcloud

Mcloud Well-Known Member

oh, the about virus is still on my pc but seems like its scared or something. Now I am wondering how I get rid of the blue pop up on youtube that says something about my language preferences. apparently everyone in the world has this.

8. hezey

hezey Well-Known Member

There are some 'solutions' offered when googling your problem. I have tried some of them. They are hit and miss.
    All I can do on my end, here, is to copy the link to the youtube video and past it into another brand of browser. So, if a youtube vid does that in firefox, I then start Opera Browser or Safari or Chrome or any of the others, and there are lots.
    That seems to work, but it takes, sometimes, a few tries so I can look at the thing I wanted to look at.
    ISPs have blacklists of IP numbers. Also there is the Digital Rights thing Yankees are using to clamp the croud gathered around the Tower Of Babel....

BABALON is here and it is now.

Never mind.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013