Jeep-ack gotta go?

Discussion in 'Warbirds International' started by By-Tor, Jul 13, 2002.

1. By-Tor

By-Tor Well-Known Member

Just watched LEFTY use jeep-ack to single handedly destroy most of a LARGE field F7. My problem is that even though ALL field guns remaining were firing at him-none had any effect.
    IMO it is better to remove jeep-ack from WBFH if 1 man using it can close a large field that would require a well co-ordinated effort by the 'normal' means that we all adhere to.
    Note that the jeep-ack WAS able to be killed from aircraft fire however.But,what if I had not happened upon him by chance :dunno: I dont think either side wishes to lose fields in such manner,nor capture them such.

By-Tor=Elite=

2. gahis

gahis FH Sound Developer

old jeep acks might be restored in next update

3. mekh--

mekh-- Well-Known Member

I hope so. The old jeeps were a lot better suited to the game than these "tanks"

4. modano

modano Active Member

Wow, you mean somone got in one of those slow moving slugs and rode all the way to an enemy base to engage?

As for the aa, perhaps the 12mm and 40mm would be ineffective against a tank? I dono. But its a sure thing that the 80mm would have blown a tank to bits.

Still, I bet you could have flown there ten times for all the time it took to cross from base to base. All that time he was exposed to enemy fighters and an easy kill if he got spotted. The opportunity to light up a large base seems like a just reward for the effort and risk the man took. Give him some credit.

Having said that, I too would like to see the return of the jeep ack. I agree it's better suited for the arena. If it were at all possible, i'd like to see .hmack and .htank as options. After all, the vehicles are already developed, yes?

5. -nicae-

-nicae- Well-Known Member

thats what ive been saying all along!

the old jeep was worse than the tank. not only is it bad modelled too, but with 12mm it is not anymore just a 'small part of the game'.

6. bizerk

bizerk Well-Known Member

the old jeep ack atleast youcould defend with, the current tank stinks, the only thing that was goodwas i had a tank battle with a gold at my base, andi luckily got him, but it must have been shear boredom to drive all the way to the field lol. oh i did manage to kill a plane also buthe flew nice and straight and was real close when i connected. the old jeep acks were alot better, but i still really wasn't a big fan of them either

7. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

hm...in fact one plane or hmack is more then enough to kill one 'tank-jeep' while he is tearing apart enemy field ;)

And these 'tanks attacks' cant be too numerous due to great time needed to to dive jeep from one Field to another.

After all hmack will have 4x12mm in next release.

8. By-Tor

By-Tor Well-Known Member

Ahhh now I understand more clearly but if no plane or hmack is at the field to defend it... :dunno:
    I was just curious why the ack guns at the field were having no effect on it.I did not even realize it was a tank.I do think the icon read jeep-ack. Will have to wait and see what the next version brings.

By-Tor=Elite= :cheers:

9. -nicae-

jeep acks were already too lethal to be just a time-passing item. and attacking will be more pointless :(

10. mekh--

mekh-- Well-Known Member

Jeep is easily and safely killed with a single rocket or bomb :) Strafing can also be safe if done in groups, one person sets up as a decoy, then swings away at range, while others go for the kill from a different direction.

Certainly the AI ack is mostly useless except for 40mms, so jeeps actually present a ground target with the danger that should be there. P-47 squadrons in Europe took horrendous losses from ground fire.

11. -nicae-

quad 12mm?!
    thats more than many planes in the arena.. and twice as lethal as the old ack.

its too much for people who dont want too to takeoff

12. rgreat

rgreat FH Developer

Nicae....damn...old hmack have 4x12 too.

13. modano

modano Active Member

I just don't understand why you guys dislike the hmacks so much. They have respawning restrictions, just like planes. They stop when the field is closed, just like planes. They are killed with a single good pop.

I'll say this though. You better clear a field of hmacks before you drop troops. Because if the hmack driver is paying attention, those troops are gonna die.

I believe hmacks add a great new dynamic to the game. Sure, it makes fields a little harder to capture. But it's also quite satisfying to pop those little hmacks, and it's more fun to defend a field (especially after you just got vulched). These are good things, no?

14. -nicae-

oh, no wonder i hate them so much

15. Hindu

Hindu Well-Known Member

Im totally agree with you! And it is not a greater fun to wait in such an "old" hmack for the Li/JU! I think it should be 2 human-controlled vehicles: 1. .hmack like the old ack 4x12mm but the skins from odi! (M16 halftrack for red/ SdKfz 251/15? 3x12mm for gold) These vehicles should get killed with only 1 bullet of 7mm (like the old jeepack) So it is dangerous to kill the jeepack but not totally impossible. I sit often in a jeepack and defend a field, which is much more effectiv as to start from a attacked field in a plane and i killed a lot of planes mainly incoming LI`s. But i was also killed very often, especially from 2 planes comming from different directions.
    2. .hmtank Tanks with 75mm Gun and only get killed from calibres bigger than 20mm (30mm or maybe only 37mm and bigger) Here should be nearly the same characteristics predominate for red and gold together! Only the skins should be different. So it would be not the old discussion like this: red tank is better/stronger/faster than the gold and vice versa. These Tanks should only have the 75mm Gun (not an anti-aircraft gun) which is penetrate an other tank deadly (and both gold and red from the same distance!) and can kill acks and structures from groundtargets (brigdes/factorys too).
    What would be the advantage? We have tankbattles (maybe if some guys have enough time to drive these slow cars.....) And we have finally work for the Tankbutcher like the Ju87G2/IL-2 and so on with 37mm. And the tanks must have anti aircraft cover from the hmacks so maybe we have orginised raids from taskforces. This would be another great feature in the game in my opinion!